News Round Up 2016

$250 including a free breakfast you've probably already paid for on your dining plan. I'm clearly not the target market for that.
which would mean you still had an additional meal available...it would not use one from your dining plan...

which would mean you still had an additional meal available...it would not use one from your dining plan...

I understand that, but there's a physical limit to how much food I want/need to eat in a day, so every up-charge meal event increases the odds that I'd leave with unspent credits.

Also, while I don't have a problem with the up-charge events, Disney could be more imaginative here. There are other high-margin things they could throw in to make the up-charge prices less stark. It doesn't have to always be breakfast and desert parties.

News

Possible Alice in Wonderland attraction coming in the not too distant future to Disneyland Shanghai

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2016/03/new-alice-in-wonderland-attraction.html

I always thought that the second movie was greenlit in part to support Shanghai and Tokyo's Alicelands. I actually believe that quite a few of the movies they are releasing have a double intention of promoting future projects at Disney parks. I guess the first movie was really popular over there.

Very nice, we had avoided BCV til now, didn't think the rooms looked worth it, despite the outside and the location of the resort being awesome ... definitely going to be looking to book there now.
I know this isn't DVC but we stayed in a renovated BC room in January and it was great. No complaints with the room or resort whatsoever.

News

Survey crews were spotted in the LMA area yesterday. With this closing this weekend it seems work will begin soon after.

I'm so sad I never took the time to explore this area during our trip last September. Good thing I love Star Wars!

I understand that, but there's a physical limit to how much food I want/need to eat in a day, so every up-charge meal event increases the odds that I'd leave with unspent credits.

Also, while I don't have a problem with the up-charge events, Disney could be more imaginative here. There are other high-margin things they could throw in to make the up-charge prices less stark. It doesn't have to always be breakfast and desert parties.
As you said...those on a dining plan is obviously not their target audience. Plenty of people that don't do dining plans will be lining up for this, myself included. If someone wanted to do this that normally did the dining plan, obviously it would be smarter to not go on the dining plan the trip they include this in. Common sense will rule

I think Disney does this because it's an easy way for them to make money. Why throw in high-margin things when they can sell out their ridiculously-priced events with just a free breakfast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter