News Round Up 2016

Bummer about the waterfall

That Orange sticks out but some Scandinavian towns have brights colors do will wait until all done to judge that aspect
People on wdwmagic are wondering why the entrance needed a major change at all. The entrance worked. I think they could've just closed the water fall and left everything else.

People on wdwmagic are wondering why the entrance needed a major change at all. The entrance worked. I think they could've just closed the water fall and left everything else.

I don't disagree but seems like they are going for a bit of a "vacation" feel with the Summerhus, etc

Not liking the orange and white "replacement" for the waterfall in Froway ... maybe the pictures don't do it justice or maybe there are some key details missing, but it doesn't scream Scandinavian to me.

Have been avoiding the JB videos, but did watch the first few minutes of the Mousesteps one from dining package area. View seems good, and was impressed by projections at first (peacock feathers), but then the gap in the middle got annoying and the projections didn't seem as clear or tied in to the show. So I stopped watching. Will save the rest for seeing it live I guess.

Not liking the orange and white "replacement" for the waterfall in Froway ... maybe the pictures don't do it justice or maybe there are some key details missing, but it doesn't scream Scandinavian to me.

Have been avoiding the JB videos, but did watch the first few minutes of the Mousesteps one from dining package area. View seems good, and was impressed by projections at first (peacock feathers), but then the gap in the middle got annoying and the projections didn't seem as clear or tied in to the show. So I stopped watching. Will save the rest for seeing it live I guess.
It seems they haven't perfected the water screens yet.

Perhaps the footage was not fully tailored to work with the projectors. Either that or they still have to work on the projectors. It's true that the water screens are not precisely crystal clear compared to those of other shows.

Might not be the best word for it, but I'm actually kinda excited that Alice in Wonderland isn't doing very well. I'm just not a big fan of sequels in general, as I always (except for Toy Story) find them inferior to the original movie. I really don't like this new Pixar trend of all sequels (while I do have high expectations for Finding Dory, Cars 2 was an abomination, and I don't see how they're going to keep the Toy Story bar so high), and it seems to be coming to Disney with Frozen 2 and Wreck-it Ralph 2 already in the works. Hopefully we'll get some more original movies instead

Watched the show an hour ago. no gap in the center screen
.OK-- We are a theatre family--
4 daughters and a wife in the theatre-- some professionally--

The show was amazingly done by the performers-- vocals were awesome. The screens worked as best as I could tell as they were designed.

the story in the show was easily followed, and i haven't seen the new JB movie.

Wifes biggest complaint, and I agree-- ( we love louie) was the vocals for the louie song were in the wrong key.

The night safari was great-- no music, and very little commentary unless needed-- this is this animal , etc.

It was stone quiet.

They also drove much slower.

missed the tree of life shows-- we were busy drinking and eating.

Tiffins lounge is awesome. great drink selections-- geat location and staff. got to realize-- these things are new to everyone involved.

fantastic meal at Y and Y-- Ryon was a great server. try the (don't remember the name) thai seafood rice bowl-- fantastic. We ordered thai hot.

I really enjoyed my first AK night time visit. looking forward to doing it again.

Currently at Port Orleans...ugh. UUUUUUGH. The line for jungle book today was INSANE. I decided to skip on that...night time Kilimanjaro was amazing along with Awakening. Looks like I made the right choice by skipping Jungle..

Watched the show an hour ago. no gap in the center screen
.OK-- We are a theatre family--
4 daughters and a wife in the theatre-- some professionally--

The show was amazingly done by the performers-- vocals were awesome. The screens worked as best as I could tell as they were designed.

the story in the show was easily followed, and i haven't seen the new JB movie.

Wifes biggest complaint, and I agree-- ( we love louie) was the vocals for the louie song were in the wrong key.

The night safari was great-- no music, and very little commentary unless needed-- this is this animal , etc.

It was stone quiet.

They also drove much slower.

missed the tree of life shows-- we were busy drinking and eating.

Tiffins lounge is awesome. great drink selections-- geat location and staff. got to realize-- these things are new to everyone involved.

fantastic meal at Y and Y-- Ryon was a great server. try the (don't remember the name) thai seafood rice bowl-- fantastic. We ordered thai hot.

I really enjoyed my first AK night time visit. looking forward to doing it again.

Glad to hear that it seems like they are continuing to work on that water projection screen

Opinions of the nighttime safari so far seems to vary so much from it being great to it being terrible ... I am sure how ones specific safari goes really matters and I am sure the drivers and animals will start to get more used to it over time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter