News Round Up 2016

I'll watch again later and see if my opinion changes at all. I know I'm a broken record, but our expectations for Disney should be high. And if they couldn't deliver something up to par, it should have stayed dark until they could deliver. As @Eoghann said they didn't have any good options, but personally I think nothing is better than mediocre.

and you have an option to go or not. For alot of the people there, it is not "nothing is better than mediocre", it is "something is better than nothing". This is something to do at a park that used to have nothing at night. I will watch it when we go because I want to be at AK at night; and since I am there, I will watch this show. I have no expectations. Nothing, and I repeat nothing will ever beat Illuminations in my book, but others have a different view.

Disney consistently oversells everything. They've been marketing DHS as "the place where Star Wars happens" for months now despite at the time having little more than some exhibits and a couple of extra meet and greets. They call Stich's Great escape an "experience that’s a treat for your eyes, ears and nose." Voyage of the Little Mermaid apparently allows you to "Immerse yourself in unforgettable moments of the hit animated musical film The Little Mermaid at this live-show puppetry extravaganza!"

I'm pretty sure if you asked them to describe their restrooms they would tell you that only in Disney World can you experience the magic of taking a dump in a trultrulyly unforgettable way. They have no volume control on this stuff, it's 0 or 11.
I mean there's hyping the hell out of your product which most places like disney do, and its really up to consumer common sense to figure out what's fluff and what isn't. For me marketing for something like this is a different thing when it comes to that, if what I'm saying makes any sense lol

When a new show/attraction bombs like JB seems to be, does Disney respond by trying to make improvements or is this definitely it until RoL?

Something they arguably should have been doing anyway. Seems like some of the night safari issues could be fairly easily remedied with some lighting changes.
Lighting isn't going to make animals more active and I'm sure they aren't going to like it if more lights are added.

I thought the issue was no one could see the animals and the suspended sunset looked silly at times.
Having a bunch of floodlights isn't good for the animals and doesn't help a theme. I don't think Disney is going to do much here. It's nighttime it's going to be dark and harder to see.

Having a bunch of floodlights isn't good for the animals and doesn't help a theme. I don't think Disney is going to do much here. It's nighttime it's going to be dark and harder to see.

Wonder if they could go to red light flashlights per guest...returned in the bucket at the end like you do 3d goggles...

Not cheap and not sure how far the red light would help people see...but something is better than nothing (and they are probably cheaper than night vision goggles)...

WDWNT is reporting some quite good things about the safari tonight. They say it seemed to be a lot better lit and that more animals were visible tonight. I suppose the experience will be great for some and dissapointing for others. You just never know with this type of attractions.

WDWNT is reporting some quite good things about the safari tonight. They say it seemed to be a lot better lit and that more animals were visible tonight. I suppose the experience will be great for some and dissapointing for others. You just never know with this type of attractions.
You never have the same experience twice with the safari.

Also we have to remember--- this show is new to the animals as well as to the guests--- Does anyone think they have been running the trucks through the area for a month to prepare the animals for being comfortable with the new situation? I don't...... So maybe seeing the ride at opening is not the best scenario.

It's certainly a good idea to turn animal kingdom into a full day park, but it certainly feels rushed for Disneys's typical pace. Looking at their recent track record with paid events, skipper canteen, Etc, a bit more time testing would've served them well. Maybe trying to catch up for being idle too long?

While past attractions have taken forever, they usually got it right when it opened. Having worked for a district that rolls out initiatives too quickly or appoints before vetting is complete, I appreciate getting thing right.

I've heard some vague rumors on that yes.

Has the MK ever opened from any other location than in front of the train station? This would be a shame if they move this. It takes one less level of anticipation away, and a lot of people love entering the MK the same way every time. I would really hate to have to go inside and see the castle and main street and be shopping...(This reason they will do this, along with allowing for more people to get in quicker) before the park even opens. Please do not do this Disney. Not at Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter