News Round Up 2017

My girls loved seeing Ratatoille 5 years ago at Chefs de France. Is he even still around?
Sadly No......To be quite honest though....That was the only thing worthwhile about that TS. We really didn't care for the service or the food..And such tiny portions.....Remy was the highlight, and still remains one of the best character meals (interaction that is) that we've had.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind a break! I usually leave plenty of time in the late afternoon for the playgrounds or gaming spots, like after Mission Space.

I actually miss the playgrounds now. We have not gone to them since 2008. Kids are too old for them now. It was a great break and they had a blast. My favorite pictures are from the Honey I shrunk the kids playground that closed last year.

I like the idea of virtual queues in a water park - because there are many things to do there that don't cover the slides that you can spend doing.

What worries me is if the idea were to move to the theme parks. The idea of not having to stand in line is great, but if no-one is standing in line, then they are all wandering around the park, and the park would suddenly be VERY crowded.

Sadly No......To be quite honest though....That was the only thing worthwhile about that TS. We really didn't care for the service or the food..And such tiny portions.....Remy was the highlight, and still remains one of the best character meals (interaction that is) that we've had.

Agreed that Remy was the only reason to go - and because of the way they seated us, he skipped our table. Not a good TS experience at all.

I like the idea of virtual queues in a water park - because there are many things to do there that don't cover the slides that you can spend doing.

What worries me is if the idea were to move to the theme parks. The idea of not having to stand in line is great, but if no-one is standing in line, then they are all wandering around the park, and the park would suddenly be VERY crowded.

My theory is that they would do virtual queue for headliners that develop huge lines, but leave the 2nd and 3rd tier attractions alone - thus expanding their lines.
That said, they've done so much work lately on queue entertainment, I'm not sure of the need to do this.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind a break! I usually leave plenty of time in the late afternoon for the playgrounds or gaming spots, like after Mission Space.
When I have younger kids with me, I always carve out time for the playgrounds, etc. Obviously if you don't get to the parks often, you are more likely to think of it as a waste - but the kids don't. And if you do get to the parks often then what's the harm in turning the kids loose on an epic playground once in a while? I don't know where people live that their neighborhood playground comes close to what the Boneyard is, but we certainly don't have anything like it. Of course, it's tricky to drag them back out of there - that's what ice cream is for lol.

When I have younger kids with me, I always carve out time for the playgrounds, etc. Obviously if you don't get to the parks often, you are more likely to think of it as a waste - but the kids don't. And if you do get to the parks often then what's the harm in turning the kids loose on an epic playground once in a while? I don't know where people live that their neighborhood playground comes close to what the Boneyard is, but we certainly don't have anything like it. Of course, it's tricky to drag them back out of there - that's what ice cream is for lol.

Exactly! And mine is old enough that he won't want to spend all day there but we could easily burn 20-30 minutes while waiting on something else.

My theory is that they would do virtual queue for headliners that develop huge lines, but leave the 2nd and 3rd tier attractions alone - thus expanding their lines.
That said, they've done so much work lately on queue entertainment, I'm not sure of the need to do this.
I agree that many of the lines have improved with entertainment, especially Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh. But I wouldn't mind if they did it for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, that's the most unbearable line - and the queue entertainment doesn't start until you're an hour in. Most lines finish faster than the posted wait time, but at least for us we've always waited longer than the posted wait time on this one.

Exactly! And mine is old enough that he won't want to spend all day there but we could easily burn 20-30 minutes while waiting on something else.

Finding 20-30mins for my kids to burn off some energy at least once a day is very important - but I agree at times it can be tough as you don't want to spend all day there and I have found having to say basically "stop having fun - we need to go on to other fun!"

Finding 20-30mins for my kids to burn off some energy at least once a day is very important - but I agree at times it can be tough as you don't want to spend all day there and I have found having to say basically "stop having fun - we need to go on to other fun!"
I didn't intend to come off all anti boneyard. It's a cool place, and definitely is worth stopping in. However my limit is about 30 minutes before I feel like we are not using our time wisely. Hell, I'd love one in world showcase where you could enjoy a nice cool drink while your kid blows off some steam. An adults lounge overlooking the boneyard might be kind of neat.
The truth is my son when he was 4 would have spent hours in there if I let him, and that's just too much, when others in your group might prefer to spend their time elsewhere. I'm guessing the sweet spot is around 3-6 years old in there.

I didn't intend to come off all anti boneyard. It's a cool place, and definitely is worth stopping in. However my limit is about 30 minutes before I feel like we are not using our time wisely. Hell, I'd love one in world showcase where you could enjoy a nice cool drink while your kid blows off some steam. An adults lounge overlooking the boneyard might be kind of neat.
The truth is my son when he was 4 would have spent hours in there if I let him, and that's just too much, when others in your group might prefer to spend their time elsewhere. I'm guessing the sweet spot is around 3-6 years old in there.

I haven't been to the flower and garden festival in years (going in 12 days!) but when my kids we're younger we went several times and they used to setup a playground in world showcase between France and Morocco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter