• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

You pay a certain amount of money ($30?) and you get a portable charger. You use that charger until there is no charge left, and then you can stop at any other fuel rod station and pick up a fresh portable charger at no additional cost. You can do this as many times as you like/need.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the gist of it)

That is - but one down side I have read is the chargers themselves are not huge so, for example, a fully charged one might only charge your iphone 2/3 of the way (obviously you can then just go get another one, etc.) but just something to keep in mind

I usually just carry a larger charging pack with me and recharge that each night in the hotel room

Does anyone know where to find these Classic Mickey Cartoons that they play in the resorts? We love them but haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

ETA: I'm sorry, my bad. They're actually called "A Mickey Mouse Cartoon" or "Disney Mickey Mouse in..." Unfortunately, this generic sounding title makes them even harder to find.

Disney makes them all available on YouTube. I believe there is even a channel on there that had them all, except the Christmas special from last year is not up.

Money is the big concern with the monorail it's a huge cost with little return.

I'm curious about this. The one and only reason we stayed at the Polynesian was because of the monorail. It was $475 per night while our usual choice (a value) was $112/night. The rooms are still 2 beds and a bathroom...The resort is amazing but it's not $300+ per night more amazing than a value or moderate. They must get at least some business because of the monorail. There has to be income being generated by it somewhere that would help to restore it to its former glory.

I'm curious about this. The one and only reason we stayed at the Polynesian was because of the monorail. It was $475 per night while our usual choice (a value) was $112/night. The rooms are still 2 beds and a bathroom...The resort is amazing but it's not $300+ per night more amazing than a value or moderate. They must get at least some business because of the monorail. There has to be income being generated by it somewhere that would help to restore it to its former glory.
Agreed that's why we used to stay at the Poly, monorail to the parks. But since Disney doesn't care about their state as of late, we stay at Caribbean Beach.

Last edited:

Agreed that's why we used to stay at the Poly, monorail to the parks. But since Disney care about their state as of late, we stay at Caribbean Beach.

Agreed. You pay a premium to stay at those resorts for the monorail convenience. Lets get some new trains, starting with the resort line :-)

The major plus to fuel rod in the parks is you can trade them in for a fully charged one at any kiosk. I haven't gotten one because I have a big 20000 mAh battery I take with me to the parks.

True but yours (and my 20000 mAh) pack will charge the phone 8x for the same cost of one of the fuel rods (at WDW). The fuel rods are pretty low capacity as well. I can plug in both our our phones into ours and have them good to go in about an hour and half (80% charged). Dual USB output total 3.1A. Plenty for a plus and regular iphone.

Agreed. You pay a premium to stay at those resorts for the monorail convenience. Lets get some new trains, starting with the resort line :-)
I would say yes monorail is part of the perks but location to MK is the biggest seller. The monorail needs significant upgrades but I don't think we see them anytime soon.

At WDW now...Test Track hasn't opened at all today. I've been here since rope drop. A CM just told me that they don't know if they'll open. It hasn't even started testing today. I know it rained earlier, but the rain had passed and it's still down. Just wondering if anyone has seen any reports as to why it hasn't opened or what might cause this?

At WDW now...Test Track hasn't opened at all today. I've been here since rope drop. A CM just told me that they don't know if they'll open. It hasn't even started testing today. I know it rained earlier, but the rain had passed and it's still down. Just wondering if anyone has seen any reports as to why it hasn't opened or what might cause this?
Could be a mechanical issue. Sometimes things happen.

I would say yes monorail is part of the perks but location to MK is the biggest seller. The monorail needs significant upgrades but I don't think we see them anytime soon.

But isn't the monorail perk and proximity to MK kind of the same thing? I know there's the boats and all, but without the monorail option transportation to MK wouldn't be all that easy. And with Happily Ever After making it harder to enjoy the fireworks show from Poly, maybe people would stay off the resort loop? Genuinely just wondering

But isn't the monorail perk and proximity to MK kind of the same thing? I know there's the boats and all, but without the monorail option transportation to MK wouldn't be all that easy. And with Happily Ever After making it harder to enjoy the fireworks show from Poly, maybe people would stay off the resort loop? Genuinely just wondering
I think Disney could still sell those rooms without the monorail. Don't get me wrong I love the monorail and many others do but I just don't see Disney paying to fix it right now. They just spent money to automate them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter