News Round Up 2017

They made it seem like it was more of a change and specifically changing to allow smaller children to ride, etc. - so I think it is possible that you may not get sick on it now even if you did before ... obviously no way to know for certain until it actually opens
I am not sure about that. I think this is just a new development for the seating/restraints. Making the ride even less "intense" especially on the green side might not make it as "worth" it IMO.

They made it seem like it was more of a change and specifically changing to allow smaller children to ride, etc. - so I think it is possible that you may not get sick on it now even if you did before ... obviously no way to know for certain until it actually opens

I am not sure about that. I think this is just a new development for the seating/restraints. Making the ride even less "intense" especially on the green side might not make it as "worth" it IMO.

I got the same impression watching the D23 presentation as @TheMaxRebo did... I booked a FP for it assuming that, actually, give the presentation! I've got to go back and check my FP date vs. the first date it opens to see if I can get some reviews first...

So, on mission space I found this:

"Walt Disney Imagineering has worked to make the ride more family-friendly. The height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new booster seats allowing younger astronauts that are 40-44” to ride." (http://orlandoparkstop.com/news/the...hanced-graphics-and-lower-height-requirement/)

If the only change is the booster seats, not so sure the experience would be any tamer... ...

My FP is for 8/17, and it looks like it reopens 8/13 -- I'll look out for some reviews first. :)

So, on mission space I found this:

"Walt Disney Imagineering has worked to make the ride more family-friendly. The height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new booster seats allowing younger astronauts that are 40-44” to ride." (http://orlandoparkstop.com/news/the...hanced-graphics-and-lower-height-requirement/)

If the only change is the booster seats, not so sure the experience would be any tamer... ...

My FP is for 8/17, and it looks like it reopens 8/13 -- I'll look out for some reviews first. :)

I've never done green side, but it doesn't spin right? Is there another aspect of it that's thrilling that I'm missing?

I've never done green side, but it doesn't spin right? Is there another aspect of it that's thrilling that I'm missing?
I honestly know NOTHING about this ride! It's one of the only ones in WDW that we haven't done since DH is prone to motion sickness and I had read such bad reviews on this front years ago... maybe green would have always been ok... don't know.

I honestly know NOTHING about this ride! It's one of the only ones in WDW that we haven't done since DH is prone to motion sickness and I had read such bad reviews on this front years ago... maybe green would have always been ok... don't know.
Green is just a regular motion simulator. If he can handle Star Tours he should be able to handle Green without issue. Unless he's also claustrophobic in addition to being prone to motion sickness.

No spin and minimal thrills on green.

That's what I thought! The only reason I plan to go to green side now is the new mission. Great idea too, I know people probably don't care enough about them being different. If they didn't see the orange one by now it probably never will.

So didn't they remove him before for the same reason they got rid of Captain Jack. A few too many guests were telling him a few too many inappropriate things. Like telling Captain Jack to come back to their room and drink some rum with them?

It's not hard for me to believe that a shirtless, ripped, man in a loin cloth would hear some frisky things.

I don't believe this at all.

I mean, I believe that some inappropriate things may have been said but I don't believe they would pull a character because of it.

Because if it WAS true, then there would be no Princess meet and greets.

True. My dad is claustrophobic and pretty much did have one when he rode it a couple years ago. The motion is not bad at all- I feel it is even tamer than Star Tours- not nearly as much jerkiness.

Green is just a regular motion simulator. If he can handle Star Tours he should be able to handle Green without issue. Unless he's also claustrophobic in addition to being prone to motion sickness.

The claustrophobia is intense on MS. I didn't get motion sick on it but I'll never ride it again because I felt I would have a panic attack.

My wife won't ride due to enclosure. It feels tight until the screen turns on. That being said, I'd really hate to be stuck in there.

True. My dad is claustrophobic and pretty much did have one when he rode it a couple years ago. The motion is not bad at all- I feel it is even tamer than Star Tours- not nearly as much jerkiness.

All helpful to know -- thanks, guys!!

I don't believe this at all.

I mean, I believe that some inappropriate things may have been said but I don't believe they would pull a character because of it.

Because if it WAS true, then there would be no Princess meet and greets.
I know it got excessive with like Esmerelda and maybe even meg but even then they were more likely pulled due to percieved lack of popularity

I used to always do the orange mission on MS until last year when I did it once and I felt sick for 4 hours. I have since changed to riding the green mission and I think I enjoyed the green much more anyways. There were times the orange mission was just to much. So, I'm excited for the new mission, but sad that I will probably not see the former one on the orange side again. The orange mission is staying the same correct?

They will be two different missions now. Green will orbit Earth and Orange will still go to Mars. The rides should still give you the same "feeling".
After finally catching up on this thread, I will add my two cents (worth less than that I'm afraid).
They went from Green and Orange to green (Earth) and red (Mars).
Told you it wasn't worth the two cents. :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter