News Round Up 2017

I personally love old Hollywood & old movies. So, probably will grab a shirt. WISH they would've just updated this ride instead of letting it become boring. Mickey silll be a great ride, & good idea.
I couldn't agree more. It's never been my favorite ride in the park but I have a lot of fond nostalgia towards it

I actually get no end of bemusement from the fact that Disney closes popular attractions and in doing so milks extra money from patrons in doing so.

I haven't seen any "Ellen Energy Adventure" merchandise, so maybe that doesn't qualify as "popular", but I would totally love a "Stupid Judy" shirt.

(Never mind - one exists.... https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/472000-stupid-energy )

I actually get no end of bemusement from the fact that Disney closes popular attractions and in doing so milks extra money from patrons in doing so.

I haven't seen any "Ellen Energy Adventure" merchandise, so maybe that doesn't qualify as "popular", but I would totally love a "Stupid Judy" shirt.

(Never mind - one exists.... https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/472000-stupid-energy )

I wouldn't necessarily say that Disney is just milking extra money. They are giving the people what they want. You know all of this merchandise will likely sell out. There's a demand for it.

If they started charging to ride the attraction one final time, then I would consider them milking the closing of the attraction.

News

The Jawas in Launch Bay are supposedly leaving Launch Bay after today and won't return to DHS until they debut in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

This is simply salt in the wound. Not only are we closing the ride you like but because you like it so much we will give you the opportunity to pay us for a shirt to remember it by. We win, we win, and you lose.
Maybe you can take your GMR shirt to a custom printer and have them put "The Great Movie Ride closed and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" on the back. Or maybe "Thanks a lot, Bob".

[QUOTE="DISnewjersey, post: 57977319, member: 566115"

If they started charging to ride the attraction one final time, then I would consider them milking the closing of the attraction.[/QUOTE]

They did just that before the closure of ToT in DCA. Charged for a special event to ride it one last time before the reimagining.

The DPB said UoE merch is coming soon.

If they started charging to ride the attraction one final time, then I would consider them milking the closing of the attraction.

They did just that before the closure of ToT in DCA. Charged for a special event to ride it one last time before the reimagining.

And don't count out that they won't do it here.

This is something I would gladly pay to do. Imagine if you could get a similar event/opportunity at other great attractions. It would not work for all rides but a full walk through of some other rides would be great.

Remember when they had the dinner in the GMR? The people got to eat each course in a different section of the ride. That's would've been pretty darn cool. (We have friends that did this - in fact two sets of friends that actual first met during it, and are now fast friends. We met them after they already knew eachother.)

They got me on the 30th anniversary Horizons t-shirt, an attraction that hadn't existed for years . . . . . and I bought one! :sad2:

I had the feeling someone would bring this up after my comment haha. I'm ok with the ToT event because the 13th Hour event was held late from 10PM to 1AM.

If they closed down the ride for a full park day and required you to pay extra to ride it, I would have a big issue with it. If it's afterhours, I don't care what they charge for a 'premium' experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter