News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overheard conversation: “ABC Commisary has fake fancy food.”.

Oh I love listening to the dumb things people say. I heard at least three other people last trip saying: "We're heading to Epcot to go on Fast Track." Why does everyone miscall it Fast Track? Is "Test" that hard to remember? I wanted to ask them "DO you have a Test Pass for it?"

I mostly resist correcting people when there wrong. It typically either annoys them or really annoys them. However, when I overhead people confused or lost I'll usually help out. I even use Disney Point.

Edit: Oh another favorite from last trip (in February) was the DHS cast member that told me when I was trying to get a picture over the Toy Story construction wall "All they have left is the landscaping." I just went "Uh huh."

Oh I love listening to the dumb things people say. I heard at least three other people last trip saying: "We're heading to Epcot to go on Fast Track." Why does everyone miscall it Fast Track? Is "Test" that hard to remember? I wanted to ask them "DO you have a Test Pass for it?"

I mostly resist correcting people when there wrong. It typically either annoys them or really annoys them. However, when I overhead people confused or lost I'll usually help out. I even use Disney Point.

Edit: Oh another favorite from last trip (in February) was the DHS cast member that told me when I was trying to get a picture over the Toy Story construction wall "All they have left is the landscaping." I just went "Uh huh."
Fast Track is definitely a big one. I’ve heard that several times.

Overheard conversation: “ABC Commisary has fake fancy food.”

Does anyone else listen to people’s conversations on Disney trips?

There is not a lot to do in DHS at night when shows are done for the day.

All the time. We have a running list of funny comments we've overheard. The winner so far is a cast member telling a woman sitting in a chair ment to block off a protein spill...

"Mam this is vomit..."

I’m kind of surprised how low to the ground the gondola towers are. I thought they’d be taller.
I guess I could ask this on the dedicated thread and I honestly can't remember but has it been found out approximately how far off the ground the gondolas will run?

Well at least Disney didn't produce the movies of 50 Shades of Grey. Awful and they still have to make another.

Right, but you said that the Pirates movie being bad hasn't stopped Disney from making them, and I agree...because the quality of a movie has nothing to do with the decision to make more.

That's why there are 5 Transformers movies.

Well at least Disney didn't produce the movies of 50 Shades of Grey. Awful and they still have to make another.
Funny you think of 50 Shades..I know exactly why they continued with the movies....

But I think there are plenty of other examples of multiple movies made that probably shouldn't have including the more rare times where it's not considered a box office success and they still made a sequel.

People go to movies for a variety of reasons and sometimes overall plot takes a backseat, sometimes you're in it because the visual effects are hailed, sometimes it's because you really like an actor/actress or the character they play irrespective of the plot, sometimes you hope the movie is good and it turns out to be completely awful (for example Independence Day--I'm going to ignore the travesty of the recent sequel and hope they never make a third one as they did quite a disservice IMO to the first one that I really enjoyed), etc.

They continued because they were so convinced by the books success they contracted for three movies.

Funny you think of 50 Shades..I know exactly why they continued with the movies....

But I think there are plenty of other examples of multiple movies made that probably shouldn't have including the more rare times where it's not considered a box office success and they still made a sequel.

People go to movies for a variety of reasons and sometimes overall plot takes a backseat, sometimes you're in it because the visual effects are hailed, sometimes it's because you really like an actor/actress or the character they play irrespective of the plot, sometimes you hope the movie is good and it turns out to be completely awful (for example Independence Day--I'm going to ignore the travesty of the recent sequel and hope they never make a third one as they did quite a disservice IMO to the first one that I really enjoyed), etc.

They continued because they were so convinced by the books success they contracted for three movies.
Yes but they still made money especially when you consider their budgets were $40mil for the 1st one and $55mil for the other two.

I don't think anyone, especially the main target audience of women, went into 50shades, especially if they had read the books, was expecting an awesome amazing plot either though. They went to the movies for an entirely different reason.

I remember some good threads years ago all about stuff overheard in the parks... we definitely have our favorites... usually someone speaking VERY authoritatively about something they are COMPLETELY wrong about. :D

My favorite are the people that get there and realize they had no idea the scope of WDW

“Honey, did you know there at 4 theme parks?!?!?”

My favorite are the people that get there and realize they had no idea the scope of WDW

“Honey, did you know there at 4 theme parks?!?!?”

My husband was like this...we got to Disney and took DME to WL. We passed under the welcome arch and I was like hey we are at WDW. And he goes so where's the castle and our resort. He was a bit flabbergasted that it took us as long as it did to get to WL, and we still couldn't really see the castle (although that's more due to strategic line of sight). The size of WDW amazed him. He'd only ever been to Disneyland, so big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter