• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Disney asking guest with WDW resort reservations through Dec 31st to confirm, modify, or cancel at least 30 days out

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/disn...-asked-to-confirm-modify-or-cancel-vacations/
Hmm. We have a week planned in early December and they haven't asked us anything. I would think they would send an e-mail or bump something through MDE. Nothing yet. They had shown the hours for the parks on our MDE up until now and they only show Open-Close now. I guess they probably don't really know now since they are a changing them often.

Hmm.

What does this mean? Anything? Nothing?

makes me think most impactful for people still booked at resorts not yet open that they are trying to get people to move on their own (and pay any price difference) vs having to move them with no extra $

makes me think most impactful for people still booked at resorts not yet open that they are trying to get people to move on their own (and pay any price difference) vs having to move them with no extra $
Before I ultimately cancelled my November trip and re-booked for next Spring, we started getting reports of folks being asked to move from a resort, (my reservation), that hadn't been announced as opening for my time frame to other resorts, for the same price. I called my TA and she not only moved my reservation, but they actually upgraded my room type to Water View for the same price as my original reservation.

I think that once they can really find out if folks really intend to keep their reservations at non-opening resorts, they will begin asking if folks can move.

At that point, if it were me, I would contact them and ask for the move to what I really wanted, and not wait until many have already been filled.

Resorts like POR/POFQ, All Stars and Poly? Or ones scheduled to open soon?

Now that I think about it, I just made a payment towards our December trip last week so maybe we won't be contacted because they can see the $$$ activity and know we are coming. :tigger:

Resorts like POR/POFQ, All Stars and Poly? Or ones scheduled to open soon?

both? Especially those you list but maybe for others if they can get people to either confirm or cancel that gives them more insights into if they need to open more hotel rooms or close more/keep things closed longer

Hmm. We have a week planned in early December and they haven't asked us anything. I would think they would send an e-mail or bump something through MDE. Nothing yet. They had shown the hours for the parks on our MDE up until now and they only show Open-Close now. I guess they probably don't really know now since they are a changing them often.

View attachment 527847

Was it booked before June 5th?

Disney asking guest with WDW resort reservations through Dec 31st to confirm, modify, or cancel at least 30 days out

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/disn...-asked-to-confirm-modify-or-cancel-vacations/
We received email from Disney Destinations this morning, detailing the changes to expect to see and asking us to confirm our DVC reservations for December, made in January 2020 at the 11 month window. I told them Yes, we still plan to come!

Now to hope that they realize everyone in our party has valid park tickets except DH and me, who only have DVC Gold passes that are blocked out, and offer us a way to upgrade them or buy valid tickets that doesn't cost as much as buying completely separate tickets does. And we need to do it before DHS park pass reservations sell out for resort guests on our dates! Come on, Disney!

Is this them just trying to see how many people are still planning on going as soon as possible .. so they know if they NEED (or want) to open up certain other resorts? (and if they need to increase the reservation system capacity?)

Have any of the hotel opening dates been pushed back? (like which one is set to open next?)

Is this them just trying to see how many people are still planning on going as soon as possible .. so they know if they NEED (or want) to open up certain other resorts? (and if they need to increase the reservation system capacity?)

Have any of the hotel opening dates been pushed back? (like which one is set to open next?)
They’ve been doing this since reopening. It just gives them a better view of if those rooms will still be filled. I think without the cancellation penalties people are keeping reservations until a day before or very soon to the reservation and then cancelling. This just gets a few more people to cancel earlier.

Poly was the only one to be pushed back. Otherwise Coronado is 10/14 and AoA is 11/1. No other reopenings planned and I highly doubt any others will open before next spring or summer. They can’t fill what they have open, they’re not going to open more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter