News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruises are actually doing that after they suckered people into taking a "bonus" credit before jacking up all prices. I got a 150% credit and 10% off and cant get that to add up to 1 complete cruise now.
Hmm.. not my experience. We had a June cruise cancelled and are now on a Merrytime cruise over thanksgiving with the same room category, same length and almost same itinerary and some good onboard credit as well.

CM’s are blocked from all 4 parks from February 13 to the end of February. March isn’t posted yet. They’ve been blocked from Epcot on most Saturdays since reopening, but usually not mid week. What’s going on the last week of February to block out all parks mid week?
Feb 2020 was insane. Busiest month in WDW history based on Touring Plans line length tracking. Perhaps it’s tracking to be busy again. They’re not continuing to reopen resorts just because they prefer them open...

I for one am excited for Jungle Cruise 2022. The scene they’re removing is not integral to my enjoyment of Jungle Cruise and if it offends some then it seems like an easy change to make.

They’re not even removing it. They’re changing the characters. Obviously we don’t know the full details of the “retheme” but with what we currently know, they’re adding to the ride with the chimpanzee boat scene and taking nothing away other than offensive animatronics and dialogue and replacing them

I for one am excited for Jungle Cruise 2022. The scene they’re removing is not integral to my enjoyment of Jungle Cruise and if it offends some then it seems like an easy change to make.

Yeah, it's nothing to get bent out of shape over. I have often said though that we allow things to be "offensive" and, for me, I think it is easier to not allow such things to have power - but I do understand. Context is always key and can be used to assuage concerns too, and we have to allow things to evolve. As I said, they are keeping in the thematic spirit of the ride, so I'm fine. Now if the plan was to get rid of the corny jokes....

They'd obvious have the booking numbers for February break to forecast how busy things might be. We are arriving on February 22 and leaving on March 2. We typically go this time every year, and I'm curious to see what the crowds will be like. We went for six days in October, so we already have a feel for what a Covid trip is like.
I suspect they have a low point right now post holiday. However I think it will be relatively busy, and warrant the cast black out. I think as we are approaching spring again, and vaccines are starting to roll out(seeing dose 2 hit for some right now). As that happens I think wdw will start to pick back up again, getting to what ever level the economy support(and less what the pandemic dictates).
I'm a little surprised on the Jungle cruise thing, though I'm sure it's not in the top ten of project costs. I would think they'd be more in the cut all spending situation.

is there any particular reason why they can't allow cast members to visit the parks late in the day on weekdays when the day guests are starting to leave? seems like a lot of days would have at some extra capacity available. :confused3 I mean, it might be complicated to implement day-to-day, but sounds worthwhile to get more people in to buy churros. I saw a ton of families with little ones leaving right after dinner.

Update from previous post: NBC's Peacock has just now taken over streaming for IndyCar this year (practices and qualifications). But unlike previously, they are requiring a monthly plan vs. a one-time payment. They are touting it with other streaming sports and access to their premium movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter