No availability in a Copper Creek studio at 11 months

franbot

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know why there is no availability in August 2021 for a regular studio at Copper Creek. It can’t be walkers. The night of August 19th is already unavailable and you can’t even book that far yet. I noticed the same yesterday for the 18th and the day before for the 17th.

If it's walkers I would keep looking, they may walk right past the nights you are looking for. :thumbsup2 Think positive thoughts! ::yes:: :tink:

This has been a continuously growing problem in the last few years for CCV studios (and as a result also 2BR lock-offs). They now book full right at 8 a.m. at 11 months out, or before, during almost all the high demand fall season, and on numerous occasions during the rest of year. That you may see it in August is is just the same problem that is now year round.

A major cause is DVD's sales program which has effectively oversold studios.The new purchase price has been high and the minimum point purchase has been low. For a long time the minimum point purchase for new purchasers at CCV was 75 and is still only 100, and purchasers buying at anywhere near those levels would have far more demand for studios than other-sized rooms. At the same time, CCV has had a large number of cabins, with ridiculously high per-night point costs, which few can afford to buy to stay in a cabin on any regular basis. But all those extra cabin points could be sold to any purchasers, including all those who could afford to buy only enough points to usually get studios. The result: studios are now often being booked full at 11-months out, while the cabins are often open even at 60-days out, the "breakage" point, when Disney can rent any still-open rooms for cash. A small percentage of the total breakage income goes to set-off dues, while the rest goes to Disney entities, providing Disney a profit while it avoids paying most of the operation and maintenance costs for those cabins, which would normally decrease any such profit, because members are paying about 96% of all such costs for the cabins as part of their annual dues.

Last edited:
I just posted in the CCV thread, but several resorts are being walked I believe toward the MK 50th anniversary (especially those MK area resorts).

Though possibly there is some walkng going on, one cannot really pin the problem on that. There are not "several resorts" having the issue in first half of August 2021. First half of Aug is typically a low DVC demand period at WDW. AKV value and club studios and OKW GV's in the Hospitality House booking category (only two rooms) are having the 11-month issue in first half of August, where rooms are disappearing right at 8.a.m., because they always have that 11-month problem almost year round.

But other rooms that have a very serious 11-month issue, such as BWV standard studios and BLT standard studios, usually do not show that 11-month problem for the first half of August, even if you assume walking is going on, because of the lower overall demand during that time.. For first half of August 2021, despite any out-of-the ordinary walking that might be going on because of the 50th, BWV standard and BLT standard studios have been readily open at 11-months out.

What is more likely happening is that CCV studios, now that CCV is sold out or close to it, appear to be becoming the third hardest studios to get at 11-months out, not as bad as AKV value studios and AKV club level studios, but now demonstrating an 11-month problem worse than exists for the already hard-to-get BWV and BLT standard studios,

Last edited:
That is a shame that Disney did that with those cabins that so few people can afford. They could have built half the number of those but that wouldn't have been as profitable. Could they go in and convert the other side of the WL to DVC to? Would such help or hurt?

That is a shame that Disney did that with those cabins that so few people can afford. They could have built half the number of those but that wouldn't have been as profitable. Could they go in and convert the other side of the WL to DVC to? Would such help or hurt?
Would be a different condo association, most likely, so it would mean nothing to CCV owners.

Would be a different condo association, most likely, so it would mean nothing to CCV owners.
Oh, ok. I feel really bad for those who bought in at CCV with the intent of staying in studios and had no idea of the real situation there.

They could ultimately adjust the points... increase the points for studios and cut the points for cabins.

I’m not really sure what’s going on. Possibly a combination of walkers and guaranteed weeks? I was walking a studio (don’t hate the player, hate the game) and had it booked from I think 8/9 - 8/16. On 8/12 I logged in to walk it and was blocked. There was no availability from 8/16 to 8/19. Also, mid August is a points drop right before school starts for a majority of the US, which makes it popular. If I recall correctly, mid August last year was rough on the studios as well.

I’m not really sure what’s going on. Possibly a combination of walkers and guaranteed weeks? I was walking a studio (don’t hate the player, hate the game) and had it booked from I think 8/9 - 8/16. On 8/12 I logged in to walk it and was blocked. There was no availability from 8/16 to 8/19. Also, mid August is a points drop right before school starts for a majority of the US, which makes it popular. If I recall correctly, mid August last year was rough on the studios as well.

Seems fine to me. 8/15 is gone but 8/16-8/21 shows open to me.

I just thought of something. Didn’t I read they may be doing some renovations in the lodge? It is possible those are being blocked off because they are close to where they might be impacted? Similar to what happened last year when they had to take AKV Value out of service because of hotel renovations?

I just thought of something. Didn’t I read they may be doing some renovations in the lodge? It is possible those are being blocked off because they are close to where they might be impacted? Similar to what happened last year when they had to take AKV Value out of service because of hotel renovations?

I don’t think so. Copper Creek is on the opposite side from the wilderness lodge rooms. The Deluxe Studios Are primarily on the first floor. The construction wouldn’t impact them.

Oh, ok. I feel really bad for those who bought in at CCV with the intent of staying in studios and had no idea of the real situation there.
I think part of the popularity with studios at CCV is the possibility of getting one of the alternate studios which are almost as large as a one bedroom. Also studios are getting hard to book at all resorts. If planning on using studios, definately need home resort booking window. But I think the CCV issue is probably due to walkers for the 50th. I think all MK resorts will be full to capacity.

I think part of the popularity with studios at CCV is the possibility of getting one of the alternate studios which are almost as large as a one bedroom. Also studios are getting hard to book at all resorts. If planning on using studios, definately need home resort booking window. But I think the CCV issue is probably due to walkers for the 50th. I think all MK resorts will be full to capacity.
DVC, homed at BRV... and so happy we did this. Already booked 4-2021, in a studio.
Older? Yes. Actually bookable at 11 months? Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter