No availability in a Copper Creek studio at 11 months

I don't know the exact answers..
But for weekly, the CCV cabins are about 200 points less than the Poly bungalows.

For example, a week now in mid September..
Copper Creek cabin -- 639 points (studio 107)
Poly Bungalow -- 841 (lake view studio, 148)
I don't know how often they are left empty in comparison, but there are more cabins at CCV than there are bungalows. I believe it's 26 Cabins compared to 20 Bungalows.

Interesting comparison -- a 2 bedroom at BLT -- theme park view is 368. 3 bedroom Grand Villa lake view, 618.

So right now.. it's about the same points for a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at BLT, with access to the monorail, sleeps 12, etc.. as the 2 bedroom cabin at CCV (which certainly has some advantages, a beautiful cabin with a hot tub... but only sleeps 8, no monorail). I can certainly see why people wouldn't be flocking to the CCV cabin or the Poly Bungalow.

I do think we will see a gradual re-evaluation of the points over the next several years to bring things more into balance.
Which is why I bought a fixed week. Any chart points reallocation won’t affect me at all.

I think people are walking reservations already for October 1.
That seems to be a common thought. What dates do we think people are looking to ultimately book? The week leading up to 10/1 or going into the following week

So I was looking over availability charts for CCV that were created and one thing that was interesting is that rooms open back up at 7 months. What I think is happening is that people are being conditioned to book super early at CCV and then switch to the resort that they really want (possibly split stay with BWV/AKV to get closer to other parks).

Now these charts are fairly new so it could be randomness but it was fairly consistent most of the year except Oct-Dec when they wouldn't open back up and were booked at 11 months (Christmas/Halloween season).

Want to add that Oct-Dec was a mirror at VGF. No other resorts had the same issue during that part of the year where it was completely gone at 11 months basically for studios, at least on these charts.
Is there a grand thread with those availability charts somewhere? Would be definitely something to look over.

I think people are walking reservations already for October 1.

I think people are walking reservations, too.

For the past two years, I couldn't find availability at the 11-month first day either at BWV.

I wait-listed.

But I kept checking the DVC Member Service's website every day for a very long picking up days here and there in hopes that once I obtained all of my days, that DVC Member Service could combine all of the separate reservations into one reservation.

I even had a hard time getting reservations at PCR.

It is a wee bit harder for me since my criteria include a Standard Studio (or room} with a Wheelchair Roll-in Shower.

The deluxe studios are totally booked in august until the 29th. The walk in shower studios have a little more availability.

I am using CCV points to stay at BRV because there was no availability at 11months for studios. Walking my BRV week at the 7 mos mark....

Last edited:
The deluxe studios are totally booked in august until the 29th. The walk in shower studios have a little more availability.
Ya thats because there is a few more of them then the tubs. Also they are using a lock off for touring, so we will get that back when they are done.

Compare the Cabins and Bungalows point charts to the Treehouses built a few years earlier and you may want to start crying...

Why? Just being in the "main lodge?"

They are smaller units with less guest capacity per unit.

Step away from "new decor!" VWL is getting a refurb and 5 years from now CCV will look rough. Decor is a bad metric for points coats because of refurb cycles on a 50-year timeshare.

Sorry, I could have explained a little bit more. Saying that there should be a premium for CCV rooms over BRV is not because of an opinion on the rooms themselves, but because of economics. The supply and demand for them show that the equilibrium price point (in terms of points per night) should be higher for CCV. This is evident in the results of CCV booking up faster than BRV in almost any case. The availability charts by a former poster for BRV (and the new one for CCV that I can't reference to here) show this difference. In order to equal out the booking difference between CCV and BRV, CCV's points for rooms would have to be like 20% higher (just a guess). The only way that could happen is to take from the Cabins or GVs.

I'm not speculating on the personal reasons for this. Some may like the newer rooms, quality, or location in the resort. BRV's are bigger and are getting a refurb soon too. But simply its economics since CCV came after BRV, and Disney was able to sell more points per booking unit than they did BRV back in the day, probably as the demand and value of DVC went up. But those new owners are able to book at point rates that equal those of BRV at the lower economic point rate of BRV, which has manifested itself in a higher demand for the CCV rooms, reflected in the availability charts.

Want to add that Oct-Dec was a mirror at VGF. No other resorts had the same issue during that part of the year where it was completely gone at 11 months basically for studios, at least on these charts.

If PVB were built with more than studios I believe it also would have the issue. DVC dropped their minimums and raised their prices too much which led to this perfect storm of a lot of new buyers only able to afford studios. It already was pretty obvious at older resorts that studios had a higher preference anyway. Of course they went overboard with PVB and then pulled back too far with CCV plus the mistake of creating 2 studio categories. At the very least it would have been helpful to just have a single booking category and skipped the walk in shower option. Top it off with the Cabins and it's not pretty. I always state this isn't rocket science yet DVC fails a lot at balancing the room ratios for some reason even when setting aside Cabins and Bungalows.

Sorry, I could have explained a little bit more. Saying that there should be a premium for CCV rooms over BRV is not because of an opinion on the rooms themselves, but because of economics. The supply and demand for them show that the equilibrium price point (in terms of points per night) should be higher for CCV. This is evident in the results of CCV booking up faster than BRV in almost any case. The availability charts by a former poster for BRV (and the new one for CCV that I can't reference to here) show this difference. In order to equal out the booking difference between CCV and BRV, CCV's points for rooms would have to be like 20% higher (just a guess). The only way that could happen is to take from the Cabins or GVs.

I'm not speculating on the personal reasons for this. Some may like the newer rooms, quality, or location in the resort. BRV's are bigger and are getting a refurb soon too. But simply its economics since CCV came after BRV, and Disney was able to sell more points per booking unit than they did BRV back in the day, probably as the demand and value of DVC went up. But those new owners are able to book at point rates that equal those of BRV at the lower economic point rate of BRV, which has manifested itself in a higher demand for the CCV rooms, reflected in the availability charts.

I think it's likely that if DVC gets into trying to rebalance demand they'll have to do that but then again there's just so many extra points sold because of the Cabins with no intention to book that room type that they'll never get there. Which round abouts to leaving it as it is and matching up to the other resort onsite. It's akin to AKV where they have been trying to get Concierge point requirements high enough to not book to the second at 11 months but the only room category small enough to use as an offset is the Value category which also is popular. Still they have shifted the points a couple of times, Concierge still remains a fast booking category and Value is absolutely a value for those who can book them. They'll never reach an equilibrium and should probably revert back at least one reallocation as the exercise has been futile and the Value rooms may be too "value" now and not enough dues being used for their upkeep.

I think the CCV issue is what It is vs. BRV because a lot more points were sold in relation to studios because of cabins than the ratio for studios to points in BRV.

BRV doesn’t have thousands of points associated with rooms that no one can afford to book. I think Poly doesn’t have the same issue because it is all studios which balances out the bungalow points sold with owners who trade out foe larger units.

So, I don’t think it’s a location difference that causes CCV to be so popular, but rather owners of that resort knowing they have to book at 11 months or they are out of luck.

FWIW, I had to cancel our CCV fixed week this year. I tried to rebook for May 2021 this past June and there was no consecutive availability for the fist two weeks. No consecutive availability last week of April 2021 either. Have been waitlisted for two days in the middle of the week for 3 months at CCV. Nothing. So, my 7 month window has just opened up and I’m booked at BRV for that entire last week of April. It is still wide open. I’m not getting it. I love both sides of the resort. I would have thought BRV would be tough at 7 months given the lack of availability at CCV. Nope, at least not yet.

FWIW, I had to cancel our CCV fixed week this year. I tried to rebook for May 2021 this past June and there was no consecutive availability for the fist two weeks. No consecutive availability last week of April 2021 either. Have been waitlisted for two days in the middle of the week for 3 months at CCV. Nothing. So, my 7 month window has just opened up and I’m booked at BRV for that entire last week of April. It is still wide open. I’m not getting it. I love both sides of the resort. I would have thought BRV would be tough at 7 months given the lack of availability at CCV. Nope, at least not yet.
Did you check your WL, I will bet it came though in the last few days (like yesterday if it was for the first two weeks of may) ?
But yes overall its been hard to get CCV for any time for long stays lately.

Did you check your WL, I will bet it came though in the last few days (like yesterday if it was for the first two weeks of may) ?
But yes overall its been hard to get CCV for any time for long stays lately.
It was for the last week of April. Nothing open in the beginning of May 2021 at all ( scant availability for the first two weeks).

It was for the last week of April. Nothing open in the beginning of May 2021 at all ( scant availability for the first two weeks).
Ya, yesterday at around 3pm PT the first two weeks of 5/21 for CCV studio shower opened up and lasted about 10-15 minutes, that's why I asked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter