No availability in a Copper Creek studio at 11 months

I think part of the popularity with studios at CCV is the possibility of getting one of the alternate studios which are almost as large as a one bedroom. Also studios are getting hard to book at all resorts. If planning on using studios, definately need home resort booking window. But I think the CCV issue is probably due to walkers for the 50th. I think all MK resorts will be full to capacity.

Yes true but I was walking and I had an additional 3 days ahead booked. No other walker should have been able to get past me.

8/16 to 8/21 is fully booked. I’m curious if 8/22 will be available in a few days.

Yes true but I was walking and I had an additional 3 days ahead booked. No other walker should have been able to get past me.
CCV sold fixed weeks. Is it possible that a fixed week has reduced availability for that week? Depending on the other walkers wants, there could be scenarios where walks get interrupted due to fixed weeks.

CCV sold fixed weeks. Is it possible that a fixed week has reduced availability for that week? Depending on the other walkers wants, there could be scenarios where walks get interrupted due to fixed weeks.

This has to be the case. I cannot think of any other explanation.

I don’t think so. Copper Creek is on the opposite side from the wilderness lodge rooms. The Deluxe Studios Are primarily on the first floor. The construction wouldn’t impact them.

Want sure, but trying to find an answer!

Does anyone know why there is no availability in August 2021 for a regular studio at Copper Creek. It can’t be walkers. The night of August 19th is already unavailable and you can’t even book that far yet. I noticed the same yesterday for the 18th and the day before for the 17th.
If could be people walking reservations so they have a room for the 50th

Those special studios are amazing. Could they make them their own booking category?

Those special studios are amazing. Could they make them their own booking category?
I had asked my DVC Guide about this, and he inquired and told me no - there are too few of them that it would make inventory management too difficult. (I had asked because we were buying fixed weeks at CCV, and we switched from walk-in showers to tub studios for a chance at these; and I wanted to know what would happen if they made these studios a separate booking category).

That’s not to say that they might not decide otherwise in the future, but at least that’s what I was told last month.

I had asked my DVC Guide about this, and he inquired and told me no - there are too few of them that it would make inventory management too difficult. (I had asked because we were buying fixed weeks at CCV, and we switched from walk-in showers to tub studios for a chance at these; and I wanted to know what would happen if they made these studios a separate booking category).

That’s not to say that they might not decide otherwise in the future, but at least that’s what I was told last month.
They may not be able to, legally. The numbers would have to work out, no doubt.

That is a shame that Disney did that with those cabins that so few people can afford. They could have built half the number of those but that wouldn't have been as profitable. Could they go in and convert the other side of the WL to DVC to? Would such help or hurt?
They could ultimately adjust the points... increase the points for studios and cut the points for cabins.

This is exactly the case. It's not that people can't afford the cabins, it's that people value 6 nights in a studio over 1 night in a cabin.

If they increased the studio point cost while reducing the cabin point cost to so that the ratio was something like 4 to 1 then studio availability would open up much more. However, that's not likely to happen, or if so anytime soon, because they kept the points in line with BRV for the rooms and they'd have to deviate from that matching to change the availability. I do think there should be a premium for the CCV room over the BRV room, but that's not the case at the moment.

This is exactly the case. It's not that people can't afford the cabins, it's that people value 6 nights in a studio over 1 night in a cabin.

If they increased the studio point cost while reducing the cabin point cost to so that the ratio was something like 4 to 1 then studio availability would open up much more. However, that's not likely to happen, or if so anytime soon, because they kept the points in line with BRV for the rooms and they'd have to deviate from that matching to change the availability. I do think there should be a premium for the CCV room over the BRV room, but that's not the case at the moment.
What is the average per night point requirement for those cabins? How often are they sitting there empty? Not as often as the Poly bungalows perhaps? Or more?

I do think there should be a premium for the CCV room over the BRV room, but that's not the case at the moment.
Why? Just being in the "main lodge?"

They are smaller units with less guest capacity per unit.

Step away from "new decor!" VWL is getting a refurb and 5 years from now CCV will look rough. Decor is a bad metric for points coats because of refurb cycles on a 50-year timeshare.

Step away from "new decor!" VWL is getting a refurb and 5 years from now CCV will look rough. Decor is a bad metric for points coats because of refurb cycles on a 50-year timeshare.

I agree that the being in the main building is balanced out by the smaller room size. I'm sure that the VWL rooms will look great after the refurb!

What is the average per night point requirement for those cabins? How often are they sitting there empty? Not as often as the Poly bungalows perhaps? Or more?

I don't know the exact answers..
But for weekly, the CCV cabins are about 200 points less than the Poly bungalows.

For example, a week now in mid September..
Copper Creek cabin -- 639 points (studio 107)
Poly Bungalow -- 841 (lake view studio, 148)
I don't know how often they are left empty in comparison, but there are more cabins at CCV than there are bungalows. I believe it's 26 Cabins compared to 20 Bungalows.

Interesting comparison -- a 2 bedroom at BLT -- theme park view is 368. 3 bedroom Grand Villa lake view, 618.

So right now.. it's about the same points for a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at BLT, with access to the monorail, sleeps 12, etc.. as the 2 bedroom cabin at CCV (which certainly has some advantages, a beautiful cabin with a hot tub... but only sleeps 8, no monorail). I can certainly see why people wouldn't be flocking to the CCV cabin or the Poly Bungalow.

I do think we will see a gradual re-evaluation of the points over the next several years to bring things more into balance.

I think it is being in the main lodge. Maybe so? Do the studios not all sleep four?

I don't know the exact answers..
But for weekly, the CCV cabins are about 200 points less than the Poly bungalows.

I don't know how often they are left empty in comparison, but there are more cabins at CCV than there are bungalows. I believe it's 26 Cabins compared to 20 Bungalows.

Interesting comparison -- a 2 bedroom at BLT -- theme park view is 368. 3 bedroom Grand Villa lake view, 618.

So right now.. it's about the same points for a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at BLT, with access to the monorail, sleeps 12, etc.. as the 2 bedroom cabin at CCV (which certainly has some advantages, a beautiful cabin with a hot tub... but only sleeps 8, no monorail). I can certainly see why people wouldn't be flocking to the CCV cabin or the Poly Bungalow.

I do think we will see a gradual re-evaluation of the points over the next several years to bring things more into balance.

I think we may see adjustments for seasons but with the 1 and 2 bedrooms in the mix and not cabins

They built the chart to match BRV so honestly not sure they’d change it now so those are not the same.

You got me thinking that Disney really screwed up possibly because they were comparing Poly with only studios to the future CCV which had inventory in 1BR as well. If every room for CCV was either a studio or dedicated 2BR they might not have as much of an issue with Studios.

So I was looking over availability charts for CCV that were created and one thing that was interesting is that rooms open back up at 7 months. What I think is happening is that people are being conditioned to book super early at CCV and then switch to the resort that they really want (possibly split stay with BWV/AKV to get closer to other parks).

Now these charts are fairly new so it could be randomness but it was fairly consistent most of the year except Oct-Dec when they wouldn't open back up and were booked at 11 months (Christmas/Halloween season).

Want to add that Oct-Dec was a mirror at VGF. No other resorts had the same issue during that part of the year where it was completely gone at 11 months basically for studios, at least on these charts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter