No WOC 9-14? (Black hole week)

Currently at Disneyland and the crowds are big! So much for lower crowds during black hole week!

I've been stalking the app today and I was really surprised to see how busy it seems. The last three weeks were completely dead (at least on the days we were there!). The weather is much cooler, maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't know. The wait times look pretty low to me. RSR is only 45 minutes, GOTG only 30. On the DL side, IJA is 25 minutes, Star Tours at 30. Soarin' is high but we know they're down to 1 theater. The only really high wait time I see TSMM at 70 for some reason.

I don't know. The wait times look pretty low to me. RSR is only 45 minutes, GOTG only 30. On the DL side, IJA is 25 minutes, Star Tours at 30. Soarin' is high but we know they're down to 1 theater. The only really high wait time I see TSMM at 70 for some reason.

I didn't check this afternoon but this morning at 10:00 (rope drop for non MM guests) the wait times were so high! I was really surprised!

Disneyland has started to calm down now with the crowds being much less. May have been a fluke morning but at one time the Pirates of the Caribbean wait was over 70 min!

Disneyland has started to calm down now with the crowds being much less. May have been a fluke morning but at one time the Pirates of the Caribbean wait was over 70 min!
Really weird. As I said, when I checked 3PM local time, the times were very low except for TSMM.

I have been here since Saturday and yesterday (Tuesday) was the first day that really seemed to have lighter crowds. Wait times were good and walkways weren't too congested. Monday was surprisingly busy and hot though. Hoping today is a light day as well!

DL wait times are pretty dead, but DCA's are higher. I wouldn't say super-busy, but DCA is definitely busier than DL.

There could be a lot of people that just aren't going on rides?

DL wait times are pretty dead, but DCA's are higher. I wouldn't say super-busy, but DCA is definitely busier than DL.

There could be a lot of people that just aren't going on rides?
I guess I'll see when we get there. DL is really looking dead on the app - 30 minutes for Indiana Jones, 15 minutes for Star Tours, etc., even with Splash temporarily down in addition to all the refurbs?

I agree that DCA looks more normal. Maybe people are trying to get DCA in today since it closes early tomorrow?

Soarin fastpasses gone by 11 am. Radiator and galaxy FP gone by 12:30. We rode galaxy and TSMM. Lucky we had maxpass or we wouldn't have gotten galaxy in time. Galaxy is only open until 6 today supposedly? Wont get to ride Soarin or radiator unless we wait 90-120 min standby. Kids are very disappointed.

Maybe people are trying to get DCA in today since it closes early tomorrow?

I think this is a possibility! I plan on going to the parks tomorrow and I am hitting DL for rope drop then moving over to DCA in the afternoon. I'm hoping it will be dead over there due to people knowing it's closing early and going to DL instead.

Soarin fastpasses gone by 11 am. Radiator and galaxy FP gone by 12:30. We rode galaxy and TSMM. Lucky we had maxpass or we wouldn't have gotten galaxy in time. Galaxy is only open until 6 today supposedly? Wont get to ride Soarin or radiator unless we wait 90-120 min standby. Kids are very disappointed.

That is a total bummer! Are your kids old enough to do single rider for RSR? Or maybe the standby lines will be better later... fingers crossed!

I think this is a possibility! I plan on going to the parks tomorrow and I am hitting DL for rope drop then moving over to DCA in the afternoon. I'm hoping it will be dead over there due to people knowing it's closing early and going to DL instead.
That's not a bad plan. As it is, Guardians is down to 45 minutes, TSMM at 35 minutes, RSR at 65 minutes... so it certainly looks like things are clearing out a bit. Maybe everyone is leaving to chase the low wait times over at DL!

I'm waiting for my daughter to wake up from her nap so we can get going. :flower1:

If it's only open till 6, maybe they are having media night tonight for the Halloween overlay.

I'm sorry your kids are disappointed! Looks like wait times are dropping, so I hope you get to do the remaining things you wanted to do! Or I hope you can distract them with snacks; that's usually my go-to. ;-)

That is a total bummer! Are your kids old enough to do single rider for RSR? Or maybe the standby lines will be better later... fingers crossed!
No, they are 4 and 6. Lines over 45 min are very hard for them. Hoping we at least get to ride RSR tonight when everyone is at WOC. We are doing DL tomorrow and I'm sure it will be slammed due to DCA closing early. Wish I would have switched DL and DCA days now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter