Not getting notifications etc.

EpcotBill

DIS Veteran
I'm not getting an email when someone posts to my subscribed threads. My avatar is gone and my post count seems to be about 400 less than it was.
I don't like this new layout. It's too similar to wdwmagic, which I can't stand. Why did you have to fix something that wasn't broken?

Edited to add; I just added a new avatar. It's one of the few photos on my iPad. I guess my old one is gone forever.

Last edited:
No notifications for me either. I checked my junk mail folder and they aren't there.

I'm not getting an email when someone posts to my subscribed threads. My avatar is gone and my post count seems to be about 400 less than it was.
I don't like this new layout. It's too similar to wdwmagic, which I can't stand. Why did you have to fix something that wasn't broken?

Edited to add; I just added a new avatar. It's one of the few photos on my iPad. I guess my old one is gone forever.

It was broken! The software we were on was many years old, no longer supportable and not safe. We had absolutely no choice but to move and believe me we looked high and low before going to Xenforo. It was by far the best choice.

I'm getting notifications on the threads I replied to today, just not the old ones.

Just curious, is the email checked in preferences? (See attachment)

Attachments

• prefs.jpg
    prefs.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
I agree I hate WDW magic's layout too which is why I don't post there anymore.
And I wish someone would answer as the why we aren't getting email notifications. I did find them in my spam, but only for ones I have posted on since the board changed...none of the old ones.

Same here -- the emails from the threads I subscribe to, used to go to my inbox, but since the recent "upgrade" they now all go to my junk email folder. Even after I mark the emails as not junk, subsequent emails from the same threads still go to my junk email folder. So, is this a defect (unintended) or a feature (intended)?

Just curious, is the email checked in preferences? (See attachment)
When I try to view this area of Preferences, there is a white rectangle covering up where one would go to select email preferences, so that I can't even see what is now selected there, let alone change it.

Update: I was finally able to view that area, and my Preferences were already correctly set to receive email notifications, so I don't know why they're all going to the junk email.

Last edited:
Same here -- the emails from the threads I subscribe to, used to go to my inbox, but since the recent "upgrade" they now all go to my junk email folder. Even after I mark the emails as not junk, subsequent emails from the same threads still go to my junk email folder. So, is this a defect (unintended) or a feature (intended)?
Have you tried adding the email address the notifications are coming from to your address book?

Sayhello

...Update: I was finally able to view that area, and my Preferences were already correctly set to receive email notifications, so I don't know why they're all going to the junk email.

Have you tried adding the email address the notifications are coming from to your address book?

If you are receiving emails but they are landing in your junk/spam folder, that's because your email program isn't recognizing the sender's address. It has nothing to do with settings on DIS. As noted, adding the sender's email to your address book should resolve the issue and keep the emails out of your junk/spam folder. Just re-directing it back to your Inbox may not do the trick, as your email program will not recognize the sender again the next time.

Lanejudy can you give me the exact email address to add? I'm not getting notifications anywhere, junk box or not. And my preferences are set to receive notifications.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter