Not getting notifications etc.

So I did that "enable email" thing 4 hours ago. And still not one email.

Getting alerts via email has always been hit-or-miss. One reason is the spam filters used by email clients sometimes route the messages to your SPAM folder (as many here have observed.) Some email providers go a step further and block these messages completely, so they never get sent to your account at all. There's really nothing we can do to control that, there are just a whole lot of screening gates these emails go through. I personally use the "watch this thread/forum" function and check my alerts here on the forum to see updates to threads I want to watch...

Getting alerts via email has always been hit-or-miss. One reason is the spam filters used by email clients sometimes route the messages to your SPAM folder (as many here have observed.) Some email providers go a step further and block these messages completely, so they never get sent to your account at all. There's really nothing we can do to control that, there are just a whole lot of screening gates these emails go through. I personally use the "watch this thread/forum" function and check my alerts here on the forum to see updates to threads I want to watch...

Except that I used to get email notifications all the time. And since the conversion I haven't gotten a single one. Not one. I have not changed email carriers.

I don't expect to get emails on every single new thing posted. But I would like to get some. Like I used to. I have completely lost touch with a huge number of threads I previously enjoyed following. If I have to go in and check through the alert system, it just won't happen. It takes too long to navigate to each individual thread.

I have multiple email addresses. I've not been getting my notifications to my aol, so i went in my contacts and typed it in again and put in my password. Got a message that said it sent a confirmation email to aol and i was to confirm it. Well I never got it, so then I couldn't post any replies here. SO then I went back into contacts and changed the address to my hotmail. Again it said I had to confirm it and they sent an email to hotmail. I never got it nor was in the spam or junk folder of either account. Well luckily i have a gmail account so I tried that one and the confirmation email came thru on it. Now I'm hopeful that maybe I will start getting notifications thru gmail cause I confirmed my account. I'll let you know as soon as someone posts another reply.ha

EDIT I am now getting notifications to my gmail account, YAY!

Edit again cause this really has me stumped, I'm using google chrome I wonder if that matters why I only get notifications when I switched to gmail???? Just thinking out loud

Last edited:
I'm not getting any notifications either. Email alerts are enabled on the threads, and I verified this in my preferences. There is nothing in my spam folder. I'm using Yahoo mail.

This is aggravating.

spam folders

Be real...more than 80% of your customers aren't getting e-mail notifications and your gonna blame the providers?? Be accountable!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE with you mom2rtk......
I don't expect to get emails on every single new thing posted. But I would like to get some. Like I used to. I have completely lost touch with a huge number of threads I previously enjoyed following. If I have to go in and check through the alert system, it just won't happen. It takes too long to navigate to each individual thread.

This is starting to get very OLD...I have never experienced any "MISSES" either ...as Im sure most others can attest to this fact.
I also never released an enhancement from MY IT group without passing proper "testing" criteria????
So.....How did it pass your testing???

I certainly don't intend to "spend hours", like the last week has been, looking for my favorite threads, figuring where my "watched threads are"...
OH...BTW..since they are NOT showing up now. I go to the "unwatched thread" and once there it tells me (on the top right) that the thread shows "watched". What is that??

Why isn't this a "seamless transition" ??? FIX IT...please!!

Frustrated!!!

Last edited:
spam folders

Be real...more than 80% of your customers aren't getting e-mail notifications and your gonna blame the providers?? Be accountable!!!

This is starting to get very OLD...I have never experienced any "MISSES" either ...as Im sure most others can attest to this fact.
I also never released an enhancement from MY IT group without passing proper "testing" criteria????

I certainly don't intend to "spend hours", like the last week has been, looking for my favorite threads, figuring where my "watched threads are"...
OH...BTW..since they are NOT showing up now. I go to the "unwatched thread" and once there it tells me (on the top right) that the thread shows "watched". What is that??

Frustrated!!!

I'm getting really frustrated with it too. :(

I still get the DIS Information Station updates.

But still not even one lone thread update.

Now I'm getting email for some threads but not others. I never had this problem in the past. It wasn't hit or miss, it was always hit. I was getting email for this thread but that stopped a couple of days ago. The problem isn't with my email provider.
Now I have to go search for every thread I've ever subscribed to to see if I've missed anything.

WebmasterKathy.......

Know that I like many of the new features provided with this system. That said....
I absolutely understand and very much appreciate ALL the preparation and hard work it takes to accomplish.
Hopefully, now you will address or re-address the e-mail complaints/concerns of "most all" of your customers in a more timely manner.

WebmasterKathy.......

Know that I like many of the new features provided with this system. That said....
I absolutely understand and very much appreciate ALL the preparation and hard work it takes to accomplish.
Hopefully, now you will address or re-address the e-mail complaints/concerns of "most all" of your customers in a more timely manner.

Well said!

Now I'm not getting any emails at all. It's getting worse instead of better. My alerts don't even show activity to threads I'm subscribed to and I know there have been posts to some of them today.

spam folders

Frustrated!!!
I understand that you're frustrated, but taking it out on the Webmasters is not really going to solve anything. I mean, where did you happen to come up with this 80% statistic? You have access to that kind of information on these boards?

It's amazing to me the small number of issues this humongous undertaking has had, and the amazing percentage of those issues that have been resolved in less than 5 days. I'm sure that the Webmasters are aware of the notification problems, and are working on it. Please try to have patience. A *LOT* of the people I've spoken to, adding the email address to their address book *DID* solve the problem, so it's always worth mentioning.

Have you tried the "UnRead Watched Threads" view? It's my new best friend. So much easier than emails...

Last edited:
I understand that you're frustrated, but taking it out on the Webmasters is not really going to solve anything. I mean, where did you happen to come up with this 80% statistic? You have access to that kind of information on these boards?

It's amazing to me the small number of issues this humongous undertaking has had, and the amazing percentage of those issues that have been resolved in less than 5 days. I'm sure that the Webmasters are aware of the notification problems, and are working on it. Please try to have patience. A *LOT* of the people I've spoken to, adding the email address to their address book *DID* solve the problem, so it's always worth mentioning.
I added the email address to my contacts and it seemed to be okay for a few days, now I'm not getting anything.

I can't seem to save changes to my profile. I want to update my location but every time i try to do so i get an error message telling me all must be filled in. They're blank now...Help???

I can't seem to save changes to my profile. I want to update my location but every time i try to do so i get an error message telling me all must be filled in. They're blank now...Help???
I notice you currently have 13 posts. When you tried to do that, did you have <10? There are some things that are not available when you have less than 10 posts. Unfortunately I can't tell how many you had at the time you tried to update your profile.

It seems to me there was one page with a box you had to fill out an answer to a question before it would "take".

Have you tried the "UnRead Watched Threads" view? It's my new best friend. So much easier than emails...

Many thanks for all the work I'm sure everyone is doing to address the myriad issues that crop up in a changeover of this magnitude.

But I do hope that this issue remains somewhere on the list of things to fix. While I don't expect it to be the highest of priorities, I really do hope it is indeed a priority.

I have tried everything everyone has suggested on both of these threads currently running. And still not one single solitary email notification since the changeover. Not one. And I used to get many many email notices every single day I have already lost touch with many trip reports and threads I routinely participated in.

Reading threads by navigating to the "unread watched threads" might work for some. But for me, emails work best. My phone is older and terribly hard to navigate, but the email function is quick and easy. Email notification makes the difference between me fully participating and pretty much shelving things here until the issue is addressed.

Once again, many thanks for the long hours I'm sure everyone is putting in.

I look forward to this issue being resolved.

OK, so someone in the ABD Forum just went in, un-checked then re-checked then re-saved all her alert preferences, and then went through all the threads backed up in her "Unread Watched Threads" queue. She is now getting email notifications! It could all be a big coincidence, but I thought I'd report it here in case it works for someone.

OK, so someone in the ABD Forum just went in, un-checked then re-checked then re-saved all her alert preferences, and then went through all the threads backed up in her "Unread Watched Threads" queue. She is now getting email notifications! It could all be a big coincidence, but I thought I'd report it here in case it works for someone.

OK, I decided to try this in 2 steps to see if we can isolate the problem (assuming it's just one problem. ;)) So I unchecked all those preferences and saved that. Then I checked them again and saved that. No emails yet. If I don't get any by later today I'll go in and try that again along with going in and accessing all of my "unread watched threads". Well, not all of them. That could take weeks. But in the meantime, I've been subscribing to other new threads I'd like to think I would get emails if any of this started working.

Are you sure I don't need to hold my breath, pull on both ears and turn in a circle first? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter