Not getting notifications etc.

OK, I decided to try this in 2 steps to see if we can isolate the problem (assuming it's just one problem. ;)) So I unchecked all those preferences and saved that. Then I checked them again and saved that. No emails yet. If I don't get any by later today I'll go in and try that again along with going in and accessing all of my "unread watched threads". Well, not all of them. That could take weeks. But in the meantime, I've been subscribing to other new threads I'd like to think I would get emails if any of this started working.

Are you sure I don't need to hold my breath, pull on both ears and turn in a circle first? :)
No guarantee that's not necessary! :confused3 ;)

Sayhello

re you sure I don't need to hold my breath, pull on both ears and turn in a circle first?
You have to do a VINE if you do!

So I've been thinking. Dangerous I know. When we started up on Xenforo did you ever do a 'Mark All Forums Read'? I don't that it will work, but it feels like maybe Xenforo needs a fresh start (by user). So 1. marking all threads read 2. toggling the watched status of them (or just one)

That's my thought, take it for the .02 that generated it.

You have to do a VINE if you do!

So I've been thinking. Dangerous I know. When we started up on Xenforo did you ever do a 'Mark All Forums Read'? I don't that it will work, but it feels like maybe Xenforo needs a fresh start (by user). So 1. marking all threads read 2. toggling the watched status of them (or just one)

That's my thought, take it for the .02 that generated it.

I'm willing to try pretty much any suggestion. Help me understand though..... what is the purpose of "mark all forums read". Is that the same thing as marking all threads as read?

I'm willing to try pretty much any suggestion. Help me understand though..... what is the purpose of "mark all forums read". Is that the same thing as marking all threads as read?
Maybe that's the technique. @lanejudy had mentioned that earlier in the week and I cannot remember which way.

I also am not receiving any e-mail notifications of any new replies to threads I am watching. I have tried everything that has been suggested here. No e-mail notifications received since the Board changeover. Does anyone know if someone is working on this?

I also am not receiving any e-mail notifications of any new replies to threads I am watching. I have tried everything that has been suggested here. No e-mail notifications received since the Board changeover. Does anyone know if someone is working on this?
Same issue here - not one email since conversion, have tried everything, nothing at all in JUNK/SPAM folder, using Verizon.

Getting alerts via email has always been hit-or-miss. One reason is the spam filters used by email clients sometimes route the messages to your SPAM folder (as many here have observed.) Some email providers go a step further and block these messages completely, so they never get sent to your account at all. There's really nothing we can do to control that, there are just a whole lot of screening gates these emails go through. I personally use the "watch this thread/forum" function and check my alerts here on the forum to see updates to threads I want to watch...
Just so I know I can offically stop getting my hopes up, is this pretty much still where the issue stands - that it's not a problem that has a fix from your end?

Just so I know I can offically stop getting my hopes up, is this pretty much still where the issue stands - that it's not a problem that has a fix from your end?

I don't believe for a moment that my email provider (whom I have used for nearly 2 decades) decided to stop sending my email notifications on the very day the DIS did a huge conversion.

I continue to wait for them to put out the higher priority fires so they can move on to this one.

I had posted on a thread on the main IT board but thought I'd add here that I too am not getting email notifications and have not since the board change. It's a disappointing bug that I hope will get resolved.

I used the email notification on several threads and never had a problem until the change over. I hope they are working on a fix. I unsubscribed and subscribed. nothing. changed to gmail, nothing. webmasterAlex is in my address book. nothing is in my spam folder. Alerts worked on the first day, and then nothing.
I really miss the email notification. Please work on a fix.

I used the email notification on several threads and never had a problem until the change over. I hope they are working on a fix. I unsubscribed and subscribed. nothing. changed to gmail, nothing. webmasterAlex is in my address book. nothing is in my spam folder. Alerts worked on the first day, and then nothing.
I really miss the email notification. Please work on a fix.

:thumbsup2

In liue of the possibilities of a FIX coming anytime soon...
I have gone thru most "Forums" and copy/pasted my "subscribed to" threads and saved the titles. I can then copy/paste the thread into "search" and get to my thread.....yea, labor intensive but it works.

BTW webmaster people...
As I went thru this procedure, I see a little pair of glasses in specific threads...denoting I have a "subscribed to"/"watched" thread. When I open the thread....and go look to the top, right... it says "unwatched". Does that help you maybe fix it sooner??
o_O

I have gone thru most "Forums" and copy/pasted my "subscribed to" threads and saved the titles. I can then copy/paste the thread into "search" and get to my thread.....yea, labor intensive but it works.

BTW webmaster people...
As I went thru this procedure, I see a little pair of glasses in specific threads...denoting I have a "subscribed to"/"watched" thread. When I open the thread....and go look to the top, right... it says "unwatched". Does that help you maybe fix it sooner??
o_O

That "unwatch" is there because you are subscribed and clicking there would give you the option to "unwatch" it. It is a toggle between "watch" (which shows when you aren't watching it) and "unwatch" (which shows when you are watching it).

Sigh.

I love that you are looking for clues though. :)

As I went thru this procedure, I see a little pair of glasses in specific threads...denoting I have a "subscribed to"/"watched" thread. When I open the thread....and go look to the top, right... it says "unwatched". Does that help you maybe fix it sooner?? o_O

Correct, the glasses indicate the thread is on your "Watched Threads" list. That "Unwatch" at the top is what you would click to unsubscribe to the thread. If you click, it will change to "Watch Thread" which is how you subscribe to threads. Not sure that has anything directly connected to the email notifications, other than a couple of posters have done just that -- unwatch and then re-click watch to re-set the subscriptions. :confused3

Can't you just go to your list of watched threads? They should be all there. At first only the ones with the new posts and if you click on show all watched threads on the bottom of that page, you will get all of them.

Can't you just go to your list of watched threads? They should be all there. At first only the ones with the new posts and if you click on show all watched threads on the bottom of that page, you will get all of them.

You can do that. But to see the post you actually have to navigate to the thread. When I do this from my phone, it takes dreadfully long. And if you are following more than a handful of threads, this really adds up. The email notifications made it much easier to keep up. Glance at the email (which included the text of the new post) then hit delete and move on.

After one week with no emails I'm already feeling out of touch with many of the threads previously followed.

You can do that. But to see the post you actually have to navigate to the thread. When I do this from my phone, it takes dreadfully long. And if you are following more than a handful of threads, this really adds up. The email notifications made it much easier to keep up. Glance at the email (which included the text of the new post) then hit delete and move on.

After one week with no emails I'm already feeling out of touch with many of the threads previously followed.

Thanks, now I understand why those might be important!

I understand the email is easiest, but I agreewith Flossbolna, about what senecabeach said regarding her work-around--->

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in order to go to the threads you want to view, are you literally copy-pasting the thread into search each and every time?

I know email isn't working, but is this not working for you either?
http://www.disboards.com/watched/threads/all

That is all the threads you're subscribed to (aka watched).

Yes, it's click that link, then click the thread you want to read. So I'm not proposing it as a permanent work-around to the email notification for those who depend on them. But surely it's easier then pasting each thread into the search box? (I feel like I must have misunderstood senecabeach!)

BTW webmaster people...
o_O
Does it say "Unwatched" or does it say "Unwatch Thread"? It's like a toggle. If you aren't watching a thread, it says "Watch Thread". If you click it, you will watch the thread. If it says "Unwatch Thread" it means you are already watching the thread, and if you click on it, you will *Unwatch* it.

Sayhello

Have you tried the "UnRead Watched Threads" view? It's my new best friend. So much easier than emails...

I couldn't agree more! That is my standard landing page for the DIS - the best way is to just bookmark the site as http://www.disboards.com/watched/threads/all, so whenever I arrive at the site, the first thing I see is whether there are any new messages in the threads that I follow or have posted to. Getting emails every time new post arrive in one of my very busy FAQ threads would blow up my inbox in no time at all! :)

I always used to use the DIS in that way on the old software too by the way, by setting my landing page to go to the User Control Panel which gave me basically the same view but with the added bonus of also seeing new PMs at the top.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter