Not getting notifications etc.

I'm still not receiving any e-mail notifications and I have done everything suggested. Still nothing in my spam box either. I have Alex's address in my contacts, etc. etc. You're still not the only one, Janet!

I'm so busy that I don't have time to check DIS website on a regular basis, but while I'm out at work meetings, etc, I used to get time to catch up on some threads by clicking on the notifications, so they used to be useful to me. The result, now, is that I'm just not reading many DIS posts since the changeover.

I can be patient as long as I know they're working on it, but it would be nice to know from an expert :)

I get it now...Thanks ALL!!

Still no e-mails...but...trying to make it work for ME...put the watched page on my tool bar and.....
IMHO now...I'm getting used to no e-mails...especially flooding my in box daily and when Im on vacation.

I get it now...Thanks ALL!!

Still no e-mails...but...trying to make it work for ME...put the watched page on my tool bar and.....
IMHO now...I'm getting used to no e-mails...especially flooding my in box daily and when Im on vacation.

I'm glad you are making peace with it!

I'm still feeling like I'm out of touch with a huge number of threads and look forward to them getting around to addressing this issue.

After doing what seemed like a half dozen searches, I found this thread. I am in the same boat as many of you...I haven't received a single email notification since the change-over. I've also followed the steps suggested in this thread. I've checked and unchecked and then rechecked boxes until I am blue in the face and nothing, nada, zilch. I've added the webmaster to my contact list (not sure why I would have to since I received emails before). Before the changes to the Dis, I received email notifications all the time. Yes, there was a time or two that I wouldn't get notifications of private messages but, other than that, no problems. The "alert" and "watched threads" ways to go around the no email issue is too time consuming for me. I've found myself becoming more and more detached from the Dis and it makes me sad because I loved writing my trip reports, keeping up with friends' threads, reading about upcoming events, etc. I sure hope that the problem is fixed for those of us who really depend on the email notifications to keep us up to speed.

**Edited to add: I guess since I won't received an email notification when somebody posts to this thread, I'll have to look under my watched threads to see if the issue is ever going to be resolved.

Last edited:

well this is odd, but I WAS getting notifications to this thread....Now I am not. I am pretty sure I am only getting SOME of my notices. this is unacceptable. it needs to be addressed and sadly we are not getting any help as to why this is happening.

on top of not getting the emails...the alerts are not showing me the same ones that I am not geting emails for as well.

After doing what seemed like a half dozen searches, I found this thread. I am in the same boat as many of you...I haven't received a single email notification since the change-over. I've also followed the steps suggested in this thread. I've checked and unchecked and then rechecked boxes until I am blue in the face and nothing, nada, zilch. I've added the webmaster to my contact list (not sure why I would have to since I received emails before). Before the changes to the Dis, I received email notifications all the time. Yes, there was a time or two that I wouldn't get notifications of private messages but, other than that, no problems. The "alert" and "watched threads" ways to go around the no email issue is too time consuming for me. I've found myself becoming more and more detached from the Dis and it makes me sad because I loved writing my trip reports, keeping up with friends' threads, reading about upcoming events, etc. I sure hope that the problem is fixed for those of us who really depend on the email notifications to keep us up to speed.

**Edited to add: I guess since I won't received an email notification when somebody posts to this thread, I'll have to look under my watched threads to see if the issue is ever going to be resolved.

Did you also mark all threads/forums read after the cut-over?

Why would you have to "mark" them? if they are in the watched thread list already what good is marking them?

Don't spend too much time wondering on that one Jen. I tried it too, just like every other suggestion in this and the other thread. And it made no difference.

Why would you have to "mark" them? if they are in the watched thread list already what good is marking them?

I believe Candleshoe means did you "Mark Forums Read" which is near the top of the page? The changeover doesn't recognize what was "read" on the old forum and has it all older posts bolded as new.

Also, make sure you have your Watched Threads set for email notifications. I have threads flagged as watched, but I intentionally do not get emails for them. Just tagging them to "watch" may not generate emails.

But as others here have posted...it apparently is hit or miss for some people. Any threads I tagged to watch and receive email notifications have come through, but it's not working for others. Good luck!

I really don't care if I have to go back and find where I left off. That part is not important to me. I have everything set to receive emails. I am subscribed to hundreds of threads. I am not going to go through and re check they are each checked when I have it defaulted to receive them for all.
I think the issue for most is that they want their emails...all of them. I get most but not all. Some are getting none. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this to be happening.

I really don't care if I have to go back and find where I left off. That part is not important to me. ...

I believe the thought behind the recommendation to "mark forums read" is that the system may not generate emails of new posts if it believes there are older unread posts. I get the logic, but not sure it's the whole solution. While it might not help, it's easy enough to click on "Mark Forums Read" before you log-off next time just to see.

When i click on "Mark forums read" Nothing happens. The field in the background is faded but nothing happens. Does that mean it didn't work? Confused and depressed. Need to star watching for specials for our next trip and don't have time to weed through every post out there.

On another thread, webmasteralex posted that the email notifications are going out but that certain email servers are not allowing them. I am not understanding this at all. I have made absolutely no changes, whatsoever, to my email server since the change-over. Prior to the "new" Dis, I received emails from the Dis all the time. Now, I receive nothing at all. Well, besides the newsletters. I am getting more and more frustrated by the day.

On another thread, webmasteralex posted that the email notifications are going out but that certain email servers are not allowing them. I am not understanding this at all. I have made absolutely no changes, whatsoever, to my email server since the change-over. Prior to the "new" Dis, I received emails from the Dis all the time. Now, I receive nothing at all. Well, besides the newsletters. I am getting more and more frustrated by the day.
The difference is that the emails are going out from a different server, with a different email address, and it appears there is something about the new setup that some email servers do not like. It's not something that was changed on your side. The WebMasters will have to change something about how they're sending the emails so that the email servers recognize that it's not Spam. But the issue appears not to be that the notifications are not being sent. Just how they're being sent. WebMasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello

Last edited:
The difference is that the emails are going out from a different server, with a different email address, and it appears there is something about the new setup that some email servers do not like. It's not something that was changed on your side. The WebMasters will have to change something about how they're sending the emails so that the email servers recognize that it's not Spam. But the issue appears not to be that the notifications are not being sent. Just how they're being sent. WebMasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello

That may not be the only problem however since several people report receiving emails then not receiving emails or only receiving from some threads. That sounds like something on the board end and that everything isn't necessarily being sent.

I'm still not receiving any e-mail notifications since the Board changeover. None whatsoever. I have marked the threads and forums read several times, added Alex's address to my contacts, checked that my settings are set at e-mail notification, etc.

Good to hear that it's on the list to be looked at........

Well, things seemed to be working for awhile. I was getting emails and then this morning...nothing. I checked my alerts...nothing. I searched the forums and found some threads with new posts. I'm sorry but you can't blame this on my email server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter