Not getting notifications etc.

Has everyone checked under preferences and made sure it's set to automatically subscribe to threads and get email?

I received three emails this morning but that is only a very very small fraction of what I should be receiving.
You might want to mark all Forums as "Read" and then start fresh. The system may think you already got notification for threads you haven't visited since. I don't think it will keep sending notifications if you don't visit the thread.

Sayhello

OK...so the threads I was not getting notifications on I went to the thread....unwatched it and then watched it and I got notifications on these two threads as well. WOOHOO!

I just got my first e-mail notification a few minutes ago! Hope I get more!

ETA: I'm regularly getting all e-mail notifications now! Yay! Thanks, Alex!

Last edited:

Mine is finally working with great consistency.

I do have to say though that I see a marked difference between what triggers an alert now vs. what triggered an alert before.

Am I right in remembering that before I only had to visit that FORUM again to trigger alerts from threads in that forum? Whereas now, I must visit each and every thread I want further notifications on?

It helps a lot to be getting the emails now, but it seems like I'm back to needing to visit each and every thread anyway.

I agree. I don't like having to visit the thread to get an new email notification. I accidently deleted some the other day and never got an new notification only to go find it yesterday with 2 more pages of posts that I was not notified for. Oops.

It helps a lot to be getting the emails now, but it seems like I'm back to needing to visit each and every thread anyway.

When you visit and have checked everything that you feel you want to, just click on the Mark All Read option to reset the notifications system.

Andre

When you visit and have checked everything that you feel you want to, just click on the Mark All Read option to reset the notifications system.

Andre

:idea: Thanks! I will definitely give that a try.

Where is that at? I keep hearing people say that but I have yet to see this read all option

Where is that at? I keep hearing people say that but I have yet to see this read all option

There are tabs near the top of the page. At the far left, there's a tab for "mark forums read". When you click on it, you get a choice of marking just the forum you are in, or all forums, as read.

I tried that. It will be annoying trying to remember to do that all the time, but if it helps, I'll have to just retrain myself.

Since they changed the email address that the notices come from I think I'm getting all the emails now.

There are tabs near the top of the page. At the far left, there's a tab for "mark forums read". When you click on it, you get a choice of marking just the forum you are in, or all forums, as read.

I tried that. It will be annoying trying to remember to do that all the time, but if it helps, I'll have to just retrain myself.

Aha...totally not where I was looking at at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter