November 2015 car rental thread

Had an Alamo reservation with codes:

Contract 7016427
Coupon Code AD2338FDF

for a total of:
$132.62
for dates Nov. 5-12, 7 day for either compact or economy (just me, don't need anything more).

Checked rates today and made another reservation with codes:

Contract 7014136 or 7016427
Coupon Code AD2338FDF or AD9Z69AAA (note book getting messy, sorry)

for a new total of:
$97.48

Not paranoid about who's code it is and am thrilled to save an additional $35.

Pays to keep checking.

I know it's "controversial" but I have a great rate with Alamo using the Vegas Brazil code and Visa $30 off code. I have a standard for 1 week for $110. I'm booked through the Car Care Center and have already done online check in with no issues. No CDW has been added and the ticket I printed has nothing on it about it being the Vegas Brazil code. I plan on using the kiosk and being on my merry way. I've seen multiple posts on DIS of people using the code with no issues at all. We're taking MDE from the airport but do have a beach day in the middle of the trip, and at this price it made sense to book a car for the whole week. Our travel dates are 11/12-11/19
My dates are 11/12-11/19. I have a full size with Alamo for 1 week + 3 hours for $109.46 using Visa $30 and Insiders no Vegas Brazil code used.

i keep checking too.

dates 11/7 to 11/16
economy

passholder code 860292 or Costco 7014627 went down about $30. It's now $177

Brazil code 7016427 $142

I don't want to give up the Brazil code. :guilty: ughhhhhhhhh

I thought I read somewhere that Alamo didn't have a standard aisle and that you can rent standard class and but choose a fullsize car. Can someone confirm?

I thought I read somewhere that Alamo didn't have a standard aisle and that you can rent standard class and but choose a fullsize car. Can someone confirm?

MCO doesn't have standard so you get auto upgrade to full size yes

If you have a Capital One travel rewards card, check their rates. I just got a minivan for 8 days 10/31 - 11/7 for $163 from Dollar. That's about $100 less than I was getting from Alamo with the Vegas Brazil + Visa combo.

Does anyone know if we will have to show proof of having a costco card if we use the corporate code? My dad gave me a code, but I'm just not sure I should use it. Ideas? It's through alamo.

Costco has some really good deals on car rentals for November again! Recheck your numbers you may get lucky!
You might want to recheck again, mine dropped further. And for those of you who aren't members, mine dropped enough to cover a membership.

Does anyone know if we will have to show proof of having a costco card if we use the corporate code? My dad gave me a code, but I'm just not sure I should use it. Ideas? It's through alamo.

I personally never have but you will need member number at time you reserve.

Thru car rental savers website, SFB vs MCO. SFB seems to normally price out higher than MCO. I priced out using their best rate finder, then went into options & changed the corporate ID & coupon, (adding my SWA frequent flyer info for the points) & the VISA coupon.

Jumped on a total weekly rate of $111.55 for intermediate (midsize?) :yay:

Pick-up Location:
Sanford (SFB)
Vehicles At Terminal.

Pick-up: Thu, Nov 5, 2015 02:00pm
Drop-off: Thu, Nov 12, 2015 07:00am

Total Rental Time: 7 Days

Intermediate
(Toyota Corolla or similar)

Unlimited miles
Automatic transmission with air conditioning

Pricing

Weekly rate
Subtotal $111.55
Taxes and Fees $0.00
Total $111.55

I just checked the prices again and just using the insider code and the visa coupon, I got my rate for a Mini Van for 1 week 1 hour 11/21 to 11/28, down to $237. I started out with $276 using the Vegas Brazil code and Visa coupon, then using those 2 codes again I brought it down to $252. Interesting that just using the insider rate, and the Visa coupon is better than the Vegas Brazil.

Last edited:
Is anybody else not getting the same Costco rate on the Alamo site as on the Costco site? I'm adding a coupon so need to use the Alamo site but it doesn't come up with the same base rate. I've never had that happen before where the ID hasn't produced the same rate.

Is anybody else not getting the same Costco rate on the Alamo site as on the Costco site? I'm adding a coupon so need to use the Alamo site but it doesn't come up with the same base rate. I've never had that happen before where the ID hasn't produced the same rate.
Looking at my reservation, it appears that Costco is applying a $25 coupon. The summary shows "COSTCO WEB OFFERS 09" and "$25 OFF RENTAL".

Looking at my reservation, it appears that Costco is applying a $25 coupon. The summary shows "COSTCO WEB OFFERS 09" and "$25 OFF RENTAL".

Interesting - mine is exactly $25 different on the base rate so that sounds like that's it. Yet the Costco site doesn't show a coupone code that it's applying on the reservation page like it would in the past.

Last edited:
was able to change mine this morning with Alamo to $155

11/7-11/16
Costco and Visa code
economy

glad to get rid of Brazil code. :cool1:

When you rent direct from Alamo, does that include a 2nd driver like if you booked from Costco?

Checked my reservation again today and I was able to get it down to $222. I am going to add my son as a second driver, and I know that there will be an additional charge but I am fine with that. My initial reservation was with Enterprise for $407, the second driver was free due to this being a corporate discount. The Alamo price with the fee for the extra driver is still a better deal.

Convertible, TPA to MCO, Black Friday to Dec. 4. I have been at $440 for WEEKS and WEEKS and today with Alamo/Costco, then out of the blue, Costco rates for Budget drop down to $340, Reserved, BAM. Right back up when I rechecked minutes later, I got LUCKY. It pays to keep checking!

wow I am seeing nothing but triple prices compared to when I booked a few weeks ago.... my costco membership as usual has the cheapest deals....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter