November 2015 car rental thread

Prices with Costco went up recently, you may want to check their prices every two to three days. My 8 day ressie went from 286 down to 138 in 4 weeks. That same car went for 142 last week to 232 this week. Just keep checking!

Thanks, I will! Did you use Alamo's website or through Costco's? I've never used Costco's website directly, maybe I should check that way also.

Thanks, I will! Did you use Alamo's website or through Costco's? I've never used Costco's website directly, maybe I should check that way also.

I checked costco's site for you and lowest is $75 from Budget for a premium car or intermediate SUV. But check often because rates do change. My 10 day rental went from $238 to $300-400-500 back down to $220 in the last 3 months I've been checking.

I checked costco's site for you and lowest is $75 from Budget for a premium car or intermediate SUV. But check often because rates do change. My 10 day rental went from $238 to $300-400-500 back down to $220 in the last 3 months I've been checking.

Wow, thanks so much for doing that!! :worship: I just went onto their website and made an account, and I see totally different numbers. The best is a compact car from Budget for $64, and the premium and intermediate SUV are $121 and $115 :confused3 So I booked the budget, which is $20 cheaper than alamo on the alamo website. However (and there is always a however with me :rotfl2:), I REALLY love Alamo's online check in where you don't have to stop anywhere before you get in the car, and you just show your license and paperwork when exiting the garage. IIRC, at Budget we'll have to stop at the kiosk in the garage even with fastbreak, won't we? it that's the case, it might be worth the $20 to do it Alamo's way. I imagine my DH will think so, he's even more about convenience than I am. I also like the thrill of the great price, he's more of a find what you like and can live with and enjoy the time it doesn't take you to keep looking ::yes::

Wow, thanks so much for doing that!! :worship: I just went onto their website and made an account, and I see totally different numbers. The best is a compact car from Budget for $64, and the premium and intermediate SUV are $121 and $115 :confused3 So I booked the budget, which is $20 cheaper than alamo on the alamo website. However (and there is always a however with me :rotfl2:), I REALLY love Alamo's online check in where you don't have to stop anywhere before you get in the car, and you just show your license and paperwork when exiting the garage. IIRC, at Budget we'll have to stop at the kiosk in the garage even with fastbreak, won't we? it that's the case, it might be worth the $20 to do it Alamo's way. I imagine my DH will think so, he's even more about convenience than I am. I also like the thrill of the great price, he's more of a find what you like and can live with and enjoy the time it doesn't take you to keep looking ::yes::

The rates I checked might be different because I put in 12noon to 12noon rental. That $20 savings and going through the kiosk...depends on what and where you're trying to get to. If you're going to your hotel to check in and relax for a while, then I'll go with budget. If you're going straight to the WDW parks or Universal, I'll go with Alamo.

for those of you that like to get the SW rewards points and don't need the additional driver, SW is giving 4 times the points and you also enter some sweepstakes to win a car. The code is 7016560, the difference from using the Costco code was a few dollars and you don't get the additional driver

If I book through the Costco website for Alamo then I can't do the online check in, etc that I usually do when I book with Alamo correct?

If I want to add an additional driver to my reservation (free driver w/ Costco), can I do the online check-in and add the other driver at the booth as I drive out?

I booked a month or so back with costco...checking today has the cost at about 5x what I am paying! no drops for what I need.....

Just now I just checked my budget rates for this weekend and my cost dropped almost $30. Using:
BCD D420002
Coupon UUWZ042 (free upgrade)

Hope this helps!

Anyone else notice lately that rental car rates spike in the morning, but drop WAY down late at night?

I have a standing reservation with Alamo (at a pretty good rate), but do check sites frequently for a better deal. I noticed for the past three days, the rates are almost doubled in the morning and drop to a respectable level at night :)

I'm late to this post, but I just got a rental car through Hotwire.com today for an Alamo compact car for 9 days 11/14 - 11/23/15 for $163.64.

I am so happy. I am renting at home then driving down. I had reserved a Explorer with Budget for $567. I really wanted minivan for the room, but they were over $700 for the 9 days. I have been checking daily on Costco at different local airports. On Veteran's Day a minivan popped up at D.C. Reagan for $436. I can't believe it. Just one more week to go. It pays to keep checking

Whoop! Just got our minivan down from $325 to $263 for Nov. 19-27th. Was also able to drop Vegas Brazil code for a Costco code and the Visa $30 discount. Splitting this with my BIL so not too shabby! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter