November 2015 car rental thread

Checked my reservation again today and I was able to get it down to $222. I am going to add my son as a second driver, and I know that there will be an additional charge but I am fine with that. My initial reservation was with Enterprise for $407, the second driver was free due to this being a corporate discount. The Alamo price with the fee for the extra driver is still a better deal.
Do you have a Costco near you? if so it would be cheaper to buy a membership than pay the additional driver fee each day. 2nd driver is free with the Costco code 7014627

When you rent direct from Alamo, does that include a 2nd driver like if you booked from Costco?

If you can find the right promo code it will include the second driver. I just booked a new reservation the other day. I used coupon code 'ad2338fdf' for $30 discount with contract '7014627' Costco web offers. I got a 7 day rental for $101 for a full size car. It was about $15 cheaper than the Costco reservation I had with Budget. I'm happy and am done checking prices.

Generally though, it used to be the Alamo insider's program included an additional driver but that has been taken away.

Was just able to get a mini van through costco for $200 for Nov 16th-22nd. They've been over $300 until now.

Do you have a Costco near you? if so it would be cheaper to buy a membership than pay the additional driver fee each day. 2nd driver is free with the Costco code 7014627
Hmmm we do have a Costco neat us. I could save a few $$$. I will check it out this weekend. Thank you for the advice.

I looked at booking with the Costco coded listed, 7014627, but it does not show on the reservation that the second driver is free. It is cheaper at $215 instead of $222. This is going through the Alamo website. If I book this with the Costco ID, of course I will buy the Costco membership. How will I know that it includes the extra driver?

If I book this with the Costco ID, of course I will buy the Costco membership. How will I know that it includes the extra driver?

ALAMO should be able to confirm *a Reservation thru COSTCO*

allows a second driver for free.

When we added a second driver to our ALAMO Car Rental Reservation

I stated our rental was thru COSTCO ... and they confirmed *no extra fee*

Just to ease your mind ... call the ALAMO facility and they can confirm.

Last edited:
oops never mind, now I see where the add'l driver is listed, for no charge. If I book through the Alamo site it is cheaper than going the through the Costco site because I cannot add in the Visa discount code.

oops never mind, now I see where the add'l driver is listed, for no charge. If I book through the Alamo site it is cheaper than going the through the Costco site because I cannot add in the Visa discount code.
I booked through the Alamo site as well to use the Visa code.

Check your rates with Alamo. My rate with Costco and the $30 Visa coupon just went down $50. I have a Standard from Nov. 26-Dec. 2 for $132.16, which only makes it a $16 difference between Costco and the Brazil rate.

Why is CDW risky? I keep ready that the vroom code has it and people don't want it? Sorry, but I don't understand why?
(If it helps, I am Australian, I thought I needed it?)

Got a great rate this afternoon on a compact at Alamo (91.85 for 11/7 to 11/12; however, I didn't have my Alamo Insider number. Does anyone know if I can add it to my reservation after the fact?

Got a great rate this afternoon on a compact at Alamo (91.85 for 11/7 to 11/12; however, I didn't have my Alamo Insider number. Does anyone know if I can add it to my reservation after the fact?

You should be able to...just call the 800#.

Check your alamo rates today. I just rebooked at $117 for a week after Thanksgiving using the Visa AD2338FDF and BJ's 7014696. That's for a Mid-Size

Check your alamo rates today. I just rebooked at $117 for a week after Thanksgiving using the Visa AD2338FDF and BJ's 7014696. That's for a Mid-Size

Nice rate. Nov 5- 9 still ridiculously expensive. Guessing it's not going to go down. Midsize for a week is $243.05 w/ AP and VISA. checked with the costco code and it brought it down to $174.96

My rates aren't majorly expensive but I can't seem to get below $200 for our trip. We are going Nov 25-Dec 6. I realize that when you break it down, included taxed and fees it's about $20. When I put it that way, it's reasonable. When I think about what I really want, i realize that I WANT to have a car- had one last year for the first time and appreciated the convenience, but I also realize that I don't NEED to have a car. I am still struggling with the decision. I have a car booked through both Alamo and budget right now, but the budget car is ~$30 more, but I want the second driver. I feel very torn.

After thinking more about it, I think getting a great deal on a car is a lot like getting the elusive fast pass or ressie, it's all the thrill of the challenge.

Rates went down for my trip so check yours
Nov 11-21, Intermediate SUV
Costco: $226
Alamo: $220 (used costco and visa codes)

What would my best bet be for Nov 13-15 at MCO? I tried the alamo coupon/costco combo (we are costco members), but I guess the coupon code must be for weekly rentals and not weekends. I have $89 booked through alamo just with their insiders, but based on reading a few pages of the thread that doesn't seem great since it's only Fri-Sun, or is it? Recommendations? I know I should have done this a long time ago, but things just kept getting in the way and this is kind of a last minute trip.

What would my best bet be for Nov 13-15 at MCO? I tried the alamo coupon/costco combo (we are costco members), but I guess the coupon code must be for weekly rentals and not weekends. I have $89 booked through alamo just with their insiders, but based on reading a few pages of the thread that doesn't seem great since it's only Fri-Sun, or is it? Recommendations? I know I should have done this a long time ago, but things just kept getting in the way and this is kind of a last minute trip.
Prices with Costco went up recently, you may want to check their prices every two to three days. My 8 day ressie went from 286 down to 138 in 4 weeks. That same car went for 142 last week to 232 this week. Just keep checking!

Well, I messed around with alamo and costco plus a couple of coupon codes from this thread and now have a full size through alamo for $83.19 for 10 AM Nov 14- 5:30 PM Nov 15. I saved a whopping $5 from my first reservation, but now have a full sized instead of a midsize. I don't really care, it's just my DH and I with carry ons, but I generally don't like driving teeny tiny cars. I used coupon code AU4224FDC for a 2 car class upgrade (now I realize there are no standard cars, at MCO, right? So I had a standard in one of my interim reservations at the same price with only a 1 class upgrade which would have been the same, but now it's done so I'll just be a legit full size). Still seems a bit high for 2 1/2 days, but maybe not. I haven't done a weekend rental instead of a week for years. Now I have to cancel my previous reservations - I have m midsize, standard, and fullsize after looking for an hour and booking when I found something better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter