November 2020

Anyone traveling during the tropical storm? If so, have you made any changes to your park reservations yet? I’m waiting it out a bit to see what happens over the next couple of days.

Anyone traveling during the tropical storm? If so, have you made any changes to your park reservations yet? I’m waiting it out a bit to see what happens over the next couple of days.
When are you due to arrive?

Here now for 2 days and flying home on Wednesday. Haven't changed anything yet since we have no flexibility to shift a day Had I checked weather today, we would have had a park day not a resort/DS day.

Fortunately, we can use the remainder of our tickets next year (until Sept) and one of our days expires in 2030 (we are using the second half of our military tickets and then added a day).

Really wishing I'd remembered our crocs right about now though!

Here now for 2 days and flying home on Wednesday. Haven't changed anything yet since we have no flexibility to shift a day Had I checked weather today, we would have had a park day not a resort/DS day.

Fortunately, we can use the remainder of our tickets next year (until Sept) and one of our days expires in 2030 (we are using the second half of our military tickets and then added a day).

We are supposed to arrive Wed. night - with the whole loss of our ADRs and the storm, I'm debating rescheduling the trip...

We are due to arrive Wednesday night. Looks like it will be a stressful drive in with the heavy rain. We have plans to do Epcot on Thursday, but debating on pushing it back a day.

We are due to arrive Wednesday night. Looks like it will be a stressful drive in with the heavy rain. We have plans to do Epcot on Thursday, but debating on pushing it back a day.
That is our exact plan right now - drive in Wed. and Epcot Thursday. I'm going to call in the morning to see our options.

We are supposed to arrive Wed. night - with the whole loss of our ADRs and the storm, I'm debating rescheduling the trip...
If it were not so last minute, I would do the same. I lost two ADR’s as well, but I received a $25 gift card that the kids can use on souvenirs. How many days are you going to be staying? It looks like things may be better after Thursday, if the current predictions are remotely correct. We all know how that has gone this year...

I got my 2 gift cards for cancelled ADRs today. Figure I will try the mobile wait list feature and maybe still get to visit SciFi. Not easy finding ADRs for 7 so not too optimistic I will get one again.

If it were not so last minute, I would do the same. I lost two ADR’s as well, but I received a $25 gift card that the kids can use on souvenirs. How many days are you going to be staying? It looks like things may be better after Thursday, if the current predictions are remotely correct. We all know how that has gone this year...

We are a fairly short trip - in Wed. night, Epcot Thurs., MK Fri., Resort Day Sat., Animal Kingdom Sunday (then drive home late). May look at checking in Saturday - keep AK on Sunday, then MK and Epcot Mon/Tues... and just give up resort day and save a night... I don't mind rain... but torrential rain and thunderstorms are more than I want to take on right now. This was kind of a special thing with my two youngest (of six) - we lost my surprise treat of eating in the castle/CRT ADR. Feels more and more like maybe this is going to work out.

How long are you down for?

I got my 2 gift cards for cancelled ADRs today. Figure I will try the mobile wait list feature and maybe still get to visit SciFi. Not easy finding ADRs for 7 so not too optimistic I will get one again.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I have been receiving alerts cancelations off and on over the past few days from touringplans and ***********. Unfortunately I have not been fast enough to snag them. You never know!

We are a fairly short trip - in Wed. night, Epcot Thurs., MK Fri., Resort Day Sat., Animal Kingdom Sunday (then drive home late). May look at checking in Saturday - keep AK on Sunday, then MK and Epcot Mon/Tues... and just give up resort day and save a night... I don't mind rain... but torrential rain and thunderstorms are more than I want to take on right now. This was kind of a special thing with my two youngest (of six) - we lost my surprise treat of eating in the castle/CRT ADR. Feels more and more like maybe this is going to work out.

How long are you down for?
For a short trip, I think it would be worth shifting your days if you have the flexibility. Keep checking for dining reservations. I have seen a few CRT pop up over the last few days, I’m just never fast enough to snag them. We are down from Wednesday to Wednesday. We can’t shift dates because of work obligations, but we can move around some park reservations to maybe avoid the rain a bit. I am worried about the drive in, but I guess we can take it slow since we don’t have any dining or park reservations for arrival day.

This thread has been so sad with the ADR debacle......makes me sad.

@lorileahb there is always hope. In 2019, I was able to get my sister's fam (party of 7) an ADR at CRT the day before! I'm sure you know, but the window to cancel without penalty is a soft 24 hours. I have no doubt with the storm and Covid, there will be openings via cancellations.....the hard part is getting it quick enough using the res finder. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :)

For those of you who have requirements related to Covid tests (like NY etc.): This came out on Nov 5th -
The COVID-19 testing site operated by the Florida Division of Emergency Management has recently switched to rapid tests that provide results in a matter of minutes instead of days. The testing site is just south of Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Maingate Complex located at 3010 Maingate Lane Kissimmee, FL 34747.

https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid19/testing-sites/ - in case anyone needs to know, it is Osceolo County

For those of you who have requirements related to Covid tests (like NY etc.): This came out on Nov 5th -
The COVID-19 testing site operated by the Florida Division of Emergency Management has recently switched to rapid tests that provide results in a matter of minutes instead of days. The testing site is just south of Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Maingate Complex located at 3010 Maingate Lane Kissimmee, FL 34747.

https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid19/testing-sites/ - in case anyone needs to know, it is Osceolo County
Yes this is where we're directing clients to go and a few of my co-workers went there the end of last week :) Worked great! Other than having to take time out of your vacation of course.

I woke up this morning - and we leave in 3 days!!! Just gonna be excited now - disappointments behind us. Rain - we got ponchos and rain shoes. Gonna keep trying for CRT - if not, Plaza it is. Good thoughts to everyone there this week during the storms (if it tracks that way)... and to find new ADRs. It's Disney week! :mickeyjum pooh::stitch:

I woke up this morning - and we leave in 3 days!!! Just gonna be excited now - disappointments behind us. Rain - we got ponchos and rain shoes. Gonna keep trying for CRT - if not, Plaza it is. Good thoughts to everyone there this week during the storms (if it tracks that way)... and to find new ADRs. It's Disney week! :mickeyjum pooh::stitch:
Love that positivity! It’s going to be great even if it storms...it is Disney, after all! And a much needed break from everyday life! We are three days out as well, and I’m currently packing. So excited!

6 more nights at home before we go! I have hit that stage before the trip when I just want to wrap the house in bubble wrap before we go, which is now only amplified with Covid.
Yes this is where we're directing clients to go and a few of my co-workers went there the end of last week :) Worked great! Other than having to take time out of your vacation of course.
Is NY accepting these tests? CT won't accept rapid antigen tests :\

Oh no! I missed Topolino’s Terrace today, too! But, it is promising that they are still popping up! Fingers crossed!
Definitely keep checking! I grabbed a BOG about 2 days ago and today was even able to modify it (trying to time it when it's raining the worst lol). It looks like numerous cancelations this week starting. I'm seeing Liberty Tree, Tony's and Skipper's pop up for tomorrow as well. There was zip last week for the most part.

Good luck you guys, I hope everyone going this week has a great time!
It started raining tonight while we were at DHS, but it wasn't so bad. Hopefully the rest of the week shakes out Ok for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter