Now "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" removed from the parade at Disneyland!

LOL... this should last long....

Script:
People come on and post decrying 'woke Disney' and claiming no one can possibly be offended by charming historical Song of the South....

Soon, other people come on and say "Hold on ... Hell, yes people are offended, time for this racist stereotype to go to the vault"

Then everyone tells everyone else they are full of it...

Until a mod comes and closes the thread.

Rinse and repeat

LOL... this should last long....

Script:
People come on and post decrying 'woke Disney' and claiming no one can possibly be offended by charming historical Song of the South....

Soon, other people come on and say "Hold on ... Hell, yes people are offended, time for this racist stereotype to go to the vault"

Then everyone tells everyone else they are full of it...

Until a mod comes and closes the thread.

Rinse and repeat
The last thread about this had some pretty obvious trolling. I wonder what'll happen on this one lol

Each time this gets brought up, the discussions get crazier. It's just a theme park ride at the end of the day.

giphy.gif

I'm gonna help your prediction come true! It's just a racist theme park ride at the end of day. You're welcome.
It's just an innocent theme park ride that is tied to a movie with some problematic themes which is derived from a racist book written by a racist author at the end of day.

I think so, anyway. Do you feel that anyone who has ridden that ride without knowing what Song of the South or who Uncle Remus is has walked off going "man, that was racist"?

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip-a-dee-ay my oh my what a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine heading my way, zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay. Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder, it's the truth, it's actch'ill, everything is satisfactch'ill.

Dripping with racism. The racist undertones are there people, just look for them.

I think its evident what is truly meant by "Plenty of sunshine headed my way" and I think everyone can get the hidden meaning behind "Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder", metaphorically speaking.

It's just an innocent theme park ride that is tied to a movie with some problematic themes which is derived from a racist book written by a racist author at the end of day.

I think so, anyway. Do you feel that anyone who has ridden that ride without knowing what Song of the South or who Uncle Remus is has walked off going "man, that was racist"?

Right, and while the "outrage" is a little overblown, changing it is also not worth getting worked up over anyway. Things fall out of relevance for various reasons - it's okay. It's just a song/ride at the end of the day. All I really want is for the replacement to be just as good or better than the original.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip-a-dee-ay my oh my what a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine heading my way, zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay. Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder, it's the truth, it's actch'ill, everything is satisfactch'ill.

Dripping with racism. The racist undertones are there people, just look for them.
The song is catchy, positive, and upbeat. In a vacuum.

With a little more context, it's portraying a black man's life on a southern plantation as idyllic and positive. Which has some problems.

I don't see any lyrics about the plantation in the song. Maybe there is a verse I missed.

As Ramblin' said, it's not in the song, but the context does matter. I'm not sure I agree with removing the song from everything, but I can at least see where they are coming from. At the end of the day, it's just a song.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter