October 19th Cruisers again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy: We went to TDS and they didn't have anything this year. But, we got sooo many bargains. Kaleigh's dress was originally $65 and we got it for $5. I bought a set of flannel sheets at Kohls for $20, they were originally $70.

We met a girl at Trader Joe's that is going to be on their float in the parade on NYD. She was so excited. She said she would wave to us since we watch it every year.

We got Kaleigh's room all fixed up and rearranged yesterday. She got a book shelf and storage unit for Christmas from he grandparents that I orderd, wrapped, and took to the various places and brought back home. She was so excited to have her books in her room. Kaleigh can also use the table and chairs in her room now. She is excited to have a place to color. I went through everything, dumped boxes of stuff on the floor, you name it. SOme stuff was removed to the basement for playing with, some stuff was boxed up. A few things got tossed or given away. It looks really nice in there now.

My bug got worse again. I just want my voice back completely and the stuffiness to go away.

I want to wish everyone a happy new year. I won't be on before then. Jerry is working from home tomorrow and then we have friends coming.

Denine, it sounds like Kaleigh is excited about her bedroom. We redid both of the girls entire rooms one year for Christmas. They were older then. I bet you love all the clutter gone and/or put away! Sorry you are still not up to par. Both Stacey and Heidi have it. I am sure it is just a matter of time until Ted and I get it. DON'T want it. We leave for Mexico on the 30th. If I get a cough it lasts around a month or more usually and there just isn't a place to go hide at night in a motel room so Ted could get sleep!

Been doing a lot of research about Cozumel. Looks like we have to get our own transportation to the resort. Some sort of Federal restrictions doesn't allow Occidental to pick us up at the airport. They can in Cancun though. We can get shared vans on the airport property but you have to wait until they are full before you leave. Then you have to stop at whatever resorts people have to go to. The Grand is last. Our other alternative is to walk off airport property and get a taxi. Taxi's are not allowed on the airport property guessing that the van service must be owned by the gov't. I am nervous over it but I think we will get a taxi. I joined another board.....Trip Advisor and they have been most helpful there. I have been talking to a man from Colorado Springs and a lady from Ohio who always go to Cozumel.

Ted is downstairs taking the ellipitical apart. It is definitely broken and they are going to exchange if for us. I don't cherish the thought of going through all that. It is extremely heavy. We will probably call Chris to see if he can lend some muscles.

If I don't get back on by tomorrow, be safe and have fun on New Years Eve, everyone.

Sandy: That sounds really complicated with Cozumel. Too bad about the elyptical. Hope you get one that works.

I have to share about my latest bargains. We went to Linen's and Things because they had Yankee Candles at 1/2 price. We walked in the door and there was a clearance cart. There was a Pfaltzgraff 16 piece Winterberry set for $15! It was the display, but nothing missing or broken. I already have a couple of pieces in that pattern, but I couldn't justify buying the whole set. It is normally $70. I am going to use it for dinner tomorrow. I also bought a dozen wooden hangers for $2. I needed new hangers, so this was perfect. I did get candles too.

We went to Jerry's mom's for dinner, it was nice.

Wow Denine, aren't you the bargain shopper. Congrats on all your great deals you got. I loved the pictures you emailed us from Disney. I am guessing Fast Track is one of Kaleigh's favorite rides. I loved the pictures of her whispering to santa and kissing the characters. She is so adorable.

Mom - Chris can help, he would love it. He was mad that you didn't tell him you were going up to Lou's house so that he could help you shovel.

Our plans tonight is to go to one of our favorite restaurants and have a jumbo margarita and fajitas. Chris bought 2 bottles of champagne. I may need a nap before staying up till midnight since I woke up early today to go to work. I have been off for 9 days so it was weird to wake up to an alarm clock today!!!

Today is the first day I feel like myself. But I still have the nasty cough and runny/stuffy nose. At least I have some energy back. Sorry I have been MIA, just haven't felt all that great and sat on the couch the entire time!!!

Denine, I wish you lived closer. I would love your good bargain finds to rub off on me!! What can I say about those adorable pictures. I LOVE that you share with us. Thanks!

Heidi, we know that Chris is always there for us. What a guy. We just don't want to take advantage of him. We managed to get out the old elliptical and bring in the new one. We put it together last night after we got home from Monument. WE LOVE IT!!

Julie, you asked about it and now I can truthfully answer. It is wonderful. Love the elliptical that we bought. It is a New Balance 9000. The first one had a magnet problem. The one we have now works like a charm.

Mom - I am glad it is working now for you. I can't wait to come over there and use it!!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures! We are going to buy 3 or 4 of them.

Sandy: Glad that you got your elyptical working and that you love it!

I love to shop for baragains. My philosophy is that nothing should cost more than $25. I do a pretty good job.

Just waiting for our friends to arrive since Jerry is done working for the day. I am looking forward to the pot roast.

Heidi: Glad you are feeling better. I am still fighting this bug, it just lingers. Enjoy your fajitas and margaritas!

Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm. Not to toot my own horn but our prime rib turned out yummy perfect.

Have fun tonight Denine.

Movie night for us. The wind is so cold and so are the temps. Sure am glad that we decided to stay in for dinner.

Heidi, come check out the elliptical tomorrow!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I didn't get to enjoy my original plans for last night. I ended up sick to my stomach and went to bed early. Chris is getting orange juice right now so we can make mimosa's since we have 2 bottles to use up!!!

I hope everyone had a great night.

Denine - how did your plans go for last night?

Happy new year everyone!

We had a good time last night. The pot roast was yummy! We played the "you know you're a redneck if...." game. It was really funny. My asthma has been acting up though and I was laughing so much I kept coughing.

I woke up this morning all stuffed up and it has gotten worse. I don't know if it is the same bug or I just keep picking up other bugs. Jerry said it wouldn't be nnew years if I wasn't sick. We did make the pork roast today. It was soooo tender and yummy.

Sandy: Your prime rib sounds yummy!

Heidi: I am sorry you didn't feel well last night. I hope you celebrated today.

It is snowing pretty good outside right now. SUpposed to get 3-6 tonight/tomorrow. Windy too.

Good morning.

Denine - sounds like a blast. My celebration yesterday was going to my mom's house to meet my coworker there because my parent's were nice enough to donate their TV to her. Then we came home to take down all the Christmas decorations and clean, I love my house being back to normal!!!

My house is clean too. I LOVED my new tree but it was nice to get it down.

Denine, I haven't heard of the redneck game but just by the sound of it, it sounds fun.

I get Noah and Graci today.

I survived Noah and Graci. Actually, I was kind of bummed knowing they were going back to school. By the way, never, never bake and decorate cookies when you are dieting. That's what Graci and I did and it was sooo hard not to eat and lick fingers. LOL

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see everyone seemed to have a good New Year! We stayed home and had a nice night. We did the dance dance revolution on the X BOX and we played other games. We also watched a movie and had a nice time.

The kids went back to school today. They seem to be glad to be back. Brooke goes back on Tuesday, Her 4th Birthday! :banana: I have begun taking down our Christmas decorations. I love putting them up, but I do love taking them down too! There is soooooooo much to clean, I don't know where to start! LOL!!! My whole house needs a HUGE cleaning. I need to start throwing more stuff out!

Santa was very good to the kids! we got lots of fun things for the XBOX and high school music stuff! Brooke got some clothes like she asked santa. Garry got lots of k'nexs and legos. Makenzie got the EPCOT playset that they don't sell anymore. Among other things but I think those were their favorites I think, but they liked all of them. But Santa went WAY over board!

I got a beautiful gold bracelet from Garry (which of course was my favorite gift!) . His favorite was an old fashion Hot dog roller cooker. Boy do the hot dogs taste soooooooooooo much better on that machine then making them on the stove or microwave. It was a very nice Christmas.

Well, nothing new here so I'm gonna go. Be back later!

TTFN

This is Jerry.
Denine's cold got worse. She has spent most of the last three days in bed. Just wanted to let you know why she has been AWOL. I have been working from home all week. She got sick the weekend before Christmas. She started feeling better twice, only to have it come back again. Her asthma seems to make it harder for her to fight off germs. She has to go to work on Friday morning. Can't afford to call off. She actually got all the days she requested at work this month. One of the nurses is out on maternity leave so there were more days available for Denine.

Hi Jerry, :hug: nice to hear from you, but sorry about Denine. Bless her heart, she must really have it bad. Please tell her to get well soon.

Julie, Santa always went :confused3 way overboard at our house too. Guess our kids were well behaved. :lmao: I am so like you. I love to put up the Christmas decorations but love taking them down just as much. It seems like the house grows after Christmas. I love hot dogs so you will have to tell Garry to have one ready for me when I visit. Oh and by the way, I like my hot dog buns steamed. Sounds like Garry has good taste in jewelry! No way is Brooke four. I think it is about time that they invent something so babies don't age!!

Good morning everyone. A big weekend full of wedding stuff for us.

Jerry - thanks for posting about Denine.

Denine - Get better soon, I hope you are feeling better today.

Julie - I love Dance Revolution!! It is a great workout and a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter