October 19th Cruisers again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Barb, as of 4:20 Channel 9 said that it is to be 2-5" and stop around 3 or 4 in the morning. What time is Tiffany landing?

Thanks Sandy. It has been a long time and I was over l000 posts and now I have to start over.

Not a very exciting birthday.....no gifts yet. Patti's is suppose to arrive tomorrow and we couldn't go out to dinner as it is snowing and the roads are bad

I did get a cake....Althea( my grandaughter in law) baked me a banana nut cake with chocolate icing :banana: from scratch It was the favorite cake that I had gotten when we lived in Ohio and my step mother made it for me. I thought it was really sweet of her to make it for me.

ok.....lets do a poll

What was your favorite Christmas gift?

Mine was a Zune from my daughter Linda. I had never heard of them before but it is great. I can hear music, watch movies and see photos.

One of the things I made for Christmas gifts this year was a calendar with all the birthdays in it. It is the kind you can use every year. I have so many birthdays with 27 grandchildren to keep track of plus the rest of the family and friends.

Sally, wow, I don't think that I ever knew that you have 27 grandchildren. You need all the help you can get. I have never heard of a chocolate iced banana nut cake. I know that I would love it. Bananas and chocolate. MMMMMMMM. Let's see, my favorite gift. That is hard. I got so many fantastic Jiminy figurines this year. It is so hard to find him and this year I got a lot of cool ones. I have never heard of Zune either. Speaking of that, I want a digital frame sooooo bad. Do you have one? Stacey got one for Christmas. It is fun watching hers. She has the twins from day one to now.

Better run. I am trying to look up something for Heidi.

Barb, the snow seems to have ended. It is very slick out.

My favorite present was the plates that Joey and Tyler colored on for me. I love them and even cried when I opened them.

Barb - The roads are very slick this morning up here so hopepfully Tiffany is coming in later today so it has time to melt. But we don't have that much snow. My coworker lives up North and she got a little bit of snow but it has already melted. At my house, we have probably 2 inches.

I am finally back on!

Everything has been running sooo sloooow.

Welcome back Barb! Glad you had a good time. Saw the fireworks over the castle on NYE and thought of you.

Welcome back Sally!!!!!!!!

Heidi: The dresses will look really nice.

Sandy: Your dress sounds great.

Happy birthday Miss Brooke!

Happy birthday Sally!

It has been so nice yesterday and today, in the 60's. I have windows open! It is really windy today though and a little rainy. SUpposed to be back in the 40's tomorrow and so on.

I am finally feeling better, not 100%, but getting there. I have been taking down Christmas decorations yesterday and today. Not finished yet, but getting there.

I don't know what my favorite Christmas gift was. Jerry got me so many nice clothes.

I can't think of anything else right now.

I just typed a whole post out and lost it.....I hate that!

Bob just stopped in to pick up a Christmas and birthday gift for Tiffany. They are taking her to Denver to the airport. I think she leaves at 3

Barb had jury duty this morning but she was sick with a sore throat and she must have been excused as she is going to Denver too.

Yes Sandy, I got two of the digital frames and I hadn't heard of them before.

Dick got a TomTom from Patti and he had more fun with it on the way home. It is amazing how it knows exactly where you are. I had heard of them but never seen one.

As you can tell I am not up with the latest and greatest...heck, I am still trying to understand how computers can do what they do.

Denine, don't you just love it when you can air out the house in winter? This slow board is driving me NUTS! Glad that you are feeling better. I am kind of thinking that now I have a slight cold. I guess it is my turn since everyone has been sick but Chris and myself. I want it over before vacation!!

Sally, all I want is just one digital frame and you got two? Man, that isn't fair! I was thinking that Tiffany was coming in.....duh, Christmas vacation is over for her so she is going back. Stupid me! Stacey and family got a Garmin, like the TomTom. They are taking it on their trip starting tomorrow. Once they get back, Ted and I plan to buy one. Just not sure what model. I think they are pretty cool. We got to talk to the Colorado Rep for TomTom this weekend. He was so informative. So far, only one company has Mexico software. We really wanted Mexico to be on it so I think we will wait until March or April. That is when they hope to have Mexico included. Only one company has it and we don't want that company. We plan to rent a car in Cozumel this year and thought it would be fun to have the GPS but guess we will wait.

I am really using the elliptical. I love it. I try to use it everyday. Of course, I am not up to where I should be but I do push myself and seem to get better every time.

Heidi mentioned that Joey and Tyler made plates for her for Christmas. WOW, you should have seen her open the gift. She did indeed cry. It was so cool to see how she loved them. If you are interested, go to Walmart and for a 1.00 apiece buy the plain white porcelain plates, bowls and/or cups. Then go to your Craft Store ( I bought mine at Michael's). They sell PORCELAIN markers. They are expensive. For 4 it costs 16.00 BUT if you get 50% off coupons at your store then it helps immensely. Make sure they are porcelain not glass markers. The kids can decorate the plates, let them sit for 24 hours and then bake them in your oven. Voila, personalized dinnerware. Joey and Tyler love doing it.

Have I talked enough???? LOL

Oops, I forgot Tiffany was already here. Poor Barb, she must be sad today dropping her off at the airport and not feeling well.

Barb - feel better.

Denine - glad you are feeling better. One day I will be able to say that I saw the fireworks over the castle on NYE (wishful thinking, but I am still young).

I am back agina. Just killing time.
It is raining now and probably will for awhile.

I made crab cakes for dinner...yummy!

sandy: I am glad you said GPS because otherwise I had no idea what you guys were talking about.

I have seen the digital frames, they are pretty cool.

Heidi: You have to stay up until midnight next NYE.

Have to go to Jerry's mom's tomorrow evening to prime the bathroom. We still need to buy the paint. I picked a bunch of colors for her to choose from. We also need to but a shower rod, curtain and hooks. Then we get to paint a different day. All this before the 20th when her pampered chef party is. Once her bathroom is done, I can get my basement painted. We have the paint, just need the time.

I spent a lot of the weekend on the couch waching design shows on HGTV. I wish Ihad creativity like that.

I hope all you new sickies feel better soon. I have been sick since before Christmas. I feel like my house went to pot in that time. I have so much to do to get it back in shape, but the rest of the decorations need to come down first. It is all down except for the tree, the little tree upstairs and a ornament wreath on the bathroom door. THe tree will probably be this weekend. Kaleigh said it doesn't look like Christmas anymore.

Until next time.

sandy: I am glad you said GPS because otherwise I had no idea what you guys were talking about.

Have to go to Jerry's mom's tomorrow evening to prime the bathroom. We still need to buy the paint. I picked a bunch of colors for her to choose from. We also need to but a shower rod, curtain and hooks. Then we get to paint a different day. All this before the 20th when her pampered chef party is. Once her bathroom is done, I can get my basement painted. We have the paint, just need the time.

I spent a lot of the weekend on the couch waching design shows on HGTV. I wish Ihad creativity like that.

I hope all you new sickies feel better soon. I have been sick since before Christmas. I feel like my house went to pot in that time. I have so much to do to get it back in shape, but the rest of the decorations need to come down first. It is all down except for the tree, the little tree upstairs and a ornament wreath on the bathroom door. THe tree will probably be this weekend. Kaleigh said it doesn't look like Christmas anymore.

Until next time.

Until next time.

My decorations are still up but I turned the outside lights off. My mom always left the tree and things up until my birthday and I have just kept doing the same. I have so many boxes of decorations I didn't use this year that I am going to go through everything, label what I want to keep and give the rest to Goodwill or someone.

I bought a lot of plastic containers in Hobbs as Walmart had them on sale so we came home with a carload of containers. Thought they would probably be gone here by the time we got home.

I just got a Cuttlebug in the mail from Patti for my birthday....it is a scrapbooking thing. Does fantasic embossing......

I just got my birthday gift from Patti....it is a Cuttlebug....it is a scrapbook thing...does amazing embossing. She also got me a sound machine so I can listen to the rain at night. I am so tired of only sleeping 4 or 5 hours so I am hoping this works.

I still have my decorations up but have turned the outside lights off. My mom always left everything up until my birthday so I have kept doing the same. I have so many decorations I didn't even use this year so I am going through everything and either giving the extra to Goodwill or anyone who wants it.

The boards must be messing up big time with Denine's posting.

Kaleigh's comment about it not feeling like Christmas anymore was sad.

Sally, I got rid of a lot of Christmas decorations last year. I found even more to get rid of this year.

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is the thread originally started on 1/4/2004. It is presently ( as of 2/8/08) continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715164

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter