October 20th 2007 Western Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard all this rumbling going on outside again and noticed the water company trucks were back. I jumped up to take a shower before the water got turned off again. Too late!! Another day without water? I never realized how I depended on it.:scared1:

Nancy, tell Chuck this post is for him. You need not read further.

Chuck,

Tomorrow is valentines day and today your wife really needs a shower/bath. Since the water is turned off again today, go outside and get some snow. Melt it on the stove (electric/gas should be working) and fill the tub for her. You will score BIG points for this.

And if she doesn't reward you, throw her A in the sloppy goop at the end of the driveway where the salt truck came through. :rotfl2:

AFEG - I'll show up with bells on! And then if Linda's there we can all say "Hell's Bells!" :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Jeff, I admit...that REPO thread would be too much for me to try to wade through. Too many cooks in the kitchen, you know what I mean? I like the smaller groups where you can actually get to know each other. And if this thread is like the Molar Express we had in 10/05, there will be lot of late joinees after May.

I hooe you remain a stay-ee! :thumbsup2

AFEG - I'll show up with bells on! And then if Linda's there we can all say "Hell's Bells!" :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Jeff, I admit...that REPO thread would be too much for me to try to wade through. Too many cooks in the kitchen, you know what I mean? I like the smaller groups where you can actually get to know each other. And if this thread is like the Molar Express we had in 10/05, there will be lot of late joinees after May.

I hope you remain a stay-ee! :thumbsup2

Great you can be our food critic how do we go about sorting it any idea's?....

Jeff I'll lay even money thiers a mutiny over on the REPO thread before long too many rupert's not enough canon fodder....Am with you I'll hopefully get to know one or two (you Heather Andy)and that's about it fella....:)

I hooe you remain a stay-ee! :thumbsup2

Not looking good at this point. However, my new latest trick (the one about getting back to those islands failed :sad2: ) is to get her to start planning the CA trip. Once I know all that she wants to do, I will then figure the cost of the trip. Then, I will throw out to her that our balance due on the Oct '07 Western is only $1,700. So, for $X more, we could do that.

It has worked with this past January's vacation. We were looking at going to an island in the Caribbean or to Mexico, but the Western was a better deal.

I would say our staying percentage is down to about 10%, if not lower.

Great you can be our food critic how do we go about sorting it any idea's?....

Jeff I'll lay even money thiers a mutiny over on the REPO thread before long too many rupert's not enough canon fodder....Am with you I'll hopefully get to know one or two (you Heather Andy)and that's about it fella....:)

Chris,

Is Heather a definite go? I didn't know that.

I think my list is the same as yours is right now.

I think some of the "high post" people will travel in their own circle or think they should be in their own circle if you know what I mean. There were people like that on my last cruise, so I chose not to associate with them.

I think everyone here is great. No one trying to control the group or acting like they are a "know it all". We are all adding something, therefore we will all be able to learn and take something back. In return, everyone should have a great experience on the cruise.

Jeff would it help with a "now look here lady were going on this holiday weather you like it or not,and you'll dam well enjoy it too"...OR "But darling Ive booked as a surprise for you,we have to go now".....or are you more like me and only in charge when the house is empty?:sad2:

Chris,

Is Heather a definite go? I didn't know that.

I think my list is the same as yours is right now.

I think some of the "high post" people will travel in their own circle or think they should be in their own circle if you know what I mean. There were people like that on my last cruise, so I chose not to associate with them.

I think everyone here is great. No one trying to control the group or acting like they are a "know it all". We are all adding something, therefore we will all be able to learn and take something back. In return, everyone should have a great experience on the cruise.

Yes Heather is a definite,i have to be honest and say if i had to spend any length of time with some of the ruperts over there I'd end up giving free swimming lessons to some if you know what i mean....:rotfl2:

I also think this is a great set of people and were all really looking forward to meeting you all in person.....:)

Jeff would it help with a "now look here lady were going on this holiday weather you like it or not,and you'll dam well enjoy it too"...OR "But darling Ive booked as a surprise for you,we have to go now".....or are you more like me and only in charge when the house is empty?:sad2:

No, the way it is here, I plan the vacation, do all the research, get all the good deals, and she just holds the right of refusal. Yet, the lady wants to go on vacation 3 or more times a year. I can tell you now, that if we do this CA trip in July, she will be looking to go somewhere in October when DS has off school.

Maybe I should just go on my own. :rotfl2:

I'm sure DS would join me. Then DW would feel left out and she'd probably come.

I also think this is a great set of people and were all really looking forward to meeting you all in person.....:)

I feel with all the time and effort I put into this thread meeting everyone, it will be wierd not going. If anything, I want to go just to meet everyone here (although I could see half of you since 1/2 live here in WI :rotfl2: ).

Suz said she doesn't want to put up information on the repo "off-site" until we get a little closer. She said in case we have to cancel like with October. Maybe if I got her hooked early, she wouldn't be so quick to say "let's not go".

I feel with all the time and effort I put into this thread meeting everyone, it will be weird not going. If anything, I want to go just to meet everyone here (although I could see half of you since 1/2 live here in WI :rotfl2: ).

Suz said she doesn't want to put up information on the repo "off-site" until we get a little closer. She said in case we have to cancel like with October. Maybe if I got her hooked early, she wouldn't be so quick to say "let's not go".

Get the lady's to gang up on her,send her invites to "brunch,martini,tasting bingo and all that",and then she'll feel obliged to come,nothing like laying a little guilt on when required.....:rolleyes1

Karen good luck with the house...stick the buns in the oven and get the coffee on...:lmao:

Jeff thanks for the tip on Avis, we will definately try them for a quote. I love getting the info from here, cos I know its all good stuff. Cheers:thumbsup2

I think Chris's idea of us ladies getting Suz on here and inviting her to stuff is GREAT! As you know I type for our family, I do the planning, costs of holidays etc, and Wayne has the right to veto ( like Suz) however after our first cruise he is more keen to know whats going on on here. He did think I was a bit weird over the thread and the Dis before our first cruise. We had an amazing friendly table of 10 dissers, and we all felt friends from the first time we met at the terminal. Now he finally " get's it !":cool1:
SUZ YOU CANT TAKE YOUR FAMILY OFF THIS CRUISE, WE NEED YOU TO BE ON IT, WE ARE ALL MATES NOW, AND WE NEED JEFF !!! ( think of the fab time you will have.......:goodvibes )

Jeff show here how serious I am.... in hardly any of my posts, do I take time to go BOLD or COLOUR or in BIG letters !!!

so I MUST care

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: PLEASE SUZ!! you are not worthy ........

Brenda I did read your HELLISH jokes.... and I actually laughed out loud too ! :rotfl:

glad you decided to work from home:thumbsup2 you can DIS too;)

Chris .... .Party, did I hear party???? count us in.......:dance3: promise I will behave.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
I may take a few pictures of your stateroom, and try and pass them off as our stateroom, to impress friends when I get back home :rotfl2:
So...................... if im lounging on your chair, at the party, I will be "pretending" !!!!!.... OK?:confused3

Karen a whole ton of the "dust stuff to you " ................... perhaps you should set up a mate, knocking at the door whilst the viewing is on, and pretending to be a potential buyer? My mate did that and the couple offered the asking price that day. If I did it, it would surely backfire.

I love your sense of humour (and your bad jokes:rotfl2: ),we'd be more happy to hold a shin dig in our room but would anyone come?...:)

Count us in!! I'll spring for room service!!:cool1:

Nancy, tell Chuck this post is for him. You need not read further.

Chuck,

Tomorrow is valentines day and today your wife really needs a shower/bath. Since the water is turned off again today, go outside and get some snow. Melt it on the stove (electric/gas should be working) and fill the tub for her. You will score BIG points for this.

And if she doesn't reward you, throw her A in the sloppy goop at the end of the driveway where the salt truck came through. :rotfl2:

I didn't read this...really I didn't! Thankfully the water is back on. Don't you know this little village can't afford salt? We get ugly brown sand dumped all over. :rotfl2:

Get the lady's to gang up on her,send her invites to "brunch,martini,tasting bingo and all that",and then she'll feel obliged to come,nothing like laying a little guilt on when required.....:rolleyes1

Karen good luck with the house...stick the buns in the oven and get the coffee on...:lmao:

Dearest Suz.....Cheryl, Judy and I (and maybe chibben2003's DW, if he ever posts here again, and Brenda when she visits DB in Hartland) will gladly take you to one of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area (Mickey D's) to wine and dine you until you can't take it anymore and agree to accompany us on this cruise. C'mon girl...you know you want to go with us!!:woohoo:

AFEG - it's the 21st century; you can't tell a woman to get a bun in the oven anymore!!! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I was thinking the same thing!!!

Brenda I did read your HELLISH jokes.... and I actually laughed out loud too ! :rofl:

glad you decided to work from home:thumbsup2 you can DIS too;)

Chris .... .Party, did I hear party???? count us in.......:dance3: promise I will behave.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
I may take a few pictures of your stateroom, and try and pass them off as our stateroom, to impress friends when I get back home :rotfl2:
So...................... if im lounging on your chair, at the party, I will be "pretending" !!!!!.... OK?:confused3

Karen a whole ton of the "dust stuff to you " ................... perhaps you should set up a mate, knocking at the door whilst the viewing is on, and pretending to be a potential buyer? My mate did that and the couple offered the asking price that day. If I did it, it would surely backfire.

Lindy loo your more than welcome love all i ask is you leave when it's time for bed as i couldn't possibly put my PJ's on with you still in my room as am very shy:rolleyes1

AFEG - it's the 21st century; you can't tell a woman to get a bun in the oven anymore!!! :lmao:

Oh but i can....Hazel out shopping so their.......:rotfl2:

ps...Hazel asked "did you empty your case and bring down the washing?"...oops sorry i forgot but am back up to date with the DISS if that helps......off again tonight more duty free cigs for sale yippee.....:lmao:

All jokes aside for a minute...

Jason's company closed at 11AM this morning - he works about 17 miles east of here.

He called me from the car about an hour ago and was sitting still on Westbound I-70 about three miles from our exit. He's finally managed to get off the highway but I called the Missouri Department of Transportation to report the situtation and they told me the entire highway is shut down from our exit going West because of ice and snow build-up. :eek:

the best part of all this? The idiots on local radio aren't providing any decent traffic updates so that no one driving out this way apparently knows what's going on and the traffic is just piling up...last report was that the jam stretched back about 10 miles. Our local AM information station thinks it's more important to broadcast Rush Limbaugh (don't get me started) than to provide information on road conditions and traffic incidents. :rolleyes:

Rant over - thanks for letting me vent. ;)

Geez - I leave for an hour and you all get posting like mad!

Brenda - I hope Jason gets home ok and soon. When this happened in England once, some were stuck there til morning and a lot just abandoned the cards and walked. Does he have stuff with him like food, drink and a warm coat? I hope he's ok.

Hello Suz:wave2: ,:worship: :worship: :worship: ............. you can not possibly cancel..... we have a party in Chris' room to gatecrashparty: ...........martinis are waiting for us :drinking1 and we can all party together on pirate: night:dance3:

House update - well, the buyer is seeing his mortgage guy on Thursday so I wont know anything til then.
PS - Didnt put any buns in my oven:scared1: - did put scones in though;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter