Oddest experience at Epcot bagless entry today . . .

On our last trip, we were leaving the Polynesian to board the monorail. When I walked thru the scanner, it went off, which it had done all throughout our trip because I've had a knee replacement. I told them and the security guard told me, "Well I'm going to have to see a scar". I had to roll up the leg of my pants and show him. He responded, "I guess you have". None of the other security guards or TSA at the airport asked me to do this. I didn't complain and did as he asked. It made me feel odd, but I guess that's the world we live in now.

I feel like that is almost assault on their part. I didn't think they could search your body without a warrant? I would definitely report things like this. Disney needs security that is there to actually help and prevent dangerous situations, not some punk with an attitude who has fun bullying others. I would have been livid if they demanded to see a body part.

Good thing I had athletic pants on, because I don’t think I could have rolled up jeans that much. Not sure what he would have done in that case. I know I’ll always keep this in mind on future trips.. just in case.
There's no way you should take what they'll want to see into consideration when you dress for the parks. Screw them, and the horse they rode in on if they demand to see a scar. Heck, would that guy demand to see my underwire bra when it sets off the monitor? The nerve. I'm furious for you!

jts better for security to be over eps than under - just accept it and keep moving forward

Directly contradicting what another security person says is NOT making it more secure.

I've seen similar things at the TSA points in the airports; conflicting orders from the agents.

Wonder if this guy is moonlighting from MCO?

Last year I had a TSA agent question my federal badge and said that wasn't a real agency. I calmly asked for their boss and got thru.

Sounds like an early episode of NCIS (as they explained repeatedly to the viewers what NCIS is). :)

I was at the MK last September going through the security line. I always carry a small flashlight in my purse.
An agent was looking through my purse and said to me 'be careful with that flashlight'. I asked him if he needed to take it and that I had never had it questioned before. He said no but 'just be careful with it' .

What?! I just laughed and moved on with that dangerous flashlight in my purse.
Crazy. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter