"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Our only priorities are the parade and fireworks. What's the best way to do these 2, and where and when should we watch? Otherwise we will be doing rides, maybe some minor characters, maybe some TOTing. Just trying to get a loose touring plan figured out.

edited to add-- We are two adults, and we will do a quick service between 4 and 7 or just snack.

I don't remember this question being addressed, but, I know the Cadaver Dans do some pre-parade entertainment in Frontierland, is there anything going on in the Main Street area before the parade? A couple of years ago there was a group that did "Calling All the Monsters" and had people join in the dance, but haven't heard if they still do that.
I would like to know this as well. I know that in the Disney Blog live Boo to You parade showing, there was Phineas & Ferb doing some dancing on Main Street (along with other dancers?) and it looked like they were engaging the audience. This looked to be in the 15 minutes after the headless horseman, but before the parade.

How much are the shirts? I want to pick one up for my sis when we are there.

We got a discount so they came out to just under $20, but I'm 99% sure they were $27.99. They run HUGE, my small size will swamp me and I'm not all that small with the baby!

They just made an announcement about the party, which is good. Crowds still seem good back in Storybook Circus. We've had dinner, ridden Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan (both with FP), Dumbo twice, now DH and DS are on the Barnstormer.

Currently raining at the party. Feeling confident it'll pass so maintaining our place in line for Tarzan's gang! We met the Dwarfs right before they went in to avoid the rain.

FYI: party wristbands are being checked very thoroughly.
I hope the rain lets up for you. Have a great time!

FYI: Disney cannot control the weather. The Disney Magic only stretches so far...

Currently at the party which happens to be rainy at the moment and I'm overhearing lots of very irate and even angry people...I know they're just feeling frustrated and disappointed - and it's being manifested in an angry way...hopefully it stops soon and everybody will cheer up! (...or, like one of the parties I was at last year, Disney will start issuing refunds and everybody will leave and I'll have an empty party to myself. :) )

Yep, pouring rain!

We waited for 45 minutes for the WTP characters but they never showed up because of the rain. We walked over to see if maybe Captain Jack was out, but no. A manager told us the only characters meeting in the rain are Jack and Sally, all the rest are unavailable right now.

I'm optimistically holding my parade spot while trying to hold an umbrella over the stroller! I'm getting soaked but I think the stroller is dry!

With no characters and the first show cancelled, the ride lines are long at the moment. DH took DS on IASW (again!) and it's a 30 minute wait!

FYI: When it rains, Tarzan's gang meets in the Island Supply by Sunglass Hut building. (I had no idea what it was called till I looked up and saw the sign.)

I am so glad to hear that Disney is getting a little more control on the overcrowding by checking wristbands and also, I am glad you guys have such a good attitude towards the rain. In all honesty, I wouldn't let the rain ruin my phone, I work my fun around it :)

Crowds were very well controlled tonight at the party. I am managing to have a great time despite the rain. Got to meet Minnie daisy Donald and goofy together in their rain location by the railroad. Seems like all shows and Parades are just delayed and not cancelled from this point forward. Currently have a spot in the grass area nearest tomorrow land for hallowishes. Can't wait for fireworks!

Well, we are calling it quits folks.

I think we made the most of it, but I was a bit disappointed in tonight. On the positive side, the parade was as awesome as ever and we had a great spot, DS loved it! The crowd control also seemed very good, lots of checking of bands and generally it didn't seem over crowded.

I was just disappointed we didn't get to do much. The only characters we wanted to see were a no-go for the first hour and a half, so we got in line to meet Captain Jack after the parade. We waited 30 minutes, were 2 families from the front, and he took a 15 minute break! At that point we were wet and DS was so tired, we decided to head out. I was kind of sad I missed the show too, it looked SO good on YouTube!

So not anyone's fault really, just bad luck. The problem was DS being so young, we'd pinned all hopes of getting things done in the first hour or so, and when that didn't happen with the rain, we ran out of time. I think we might wait a year or two to come back, until he can last a little longer.

I hope those still there have a wonderful time!

Well...the party is different this year. Maybe the rain earlier just left a dark cloud over everything...it's just not fun this year. The crowds are terrible - even after the rain. Lines are very long. Character interactions are not great...I don't know. I hope everybody else has better luck than us!!!

Well...the party is different this year. Maybe the rain earlier just left a dark cloud over everything...it's just not fun this year. The crowds are terrible - even after the rain. Lines are very long. Character interactions are not great...I don't know. I hope everybody else has better luck than us!!!
I am so sorry to read this . Just a few posts up you were so happy. I hope the night ends on a positive note for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter