"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Last night was kind of miserable, but I'm putting that all on the rain.

I got there about 5:40 after work and jumped straight in line for 7 Dwarfs. They came out at 6:45, but then the rain rolled in. Waited until 8, but the rain still hadn't let up, so we decided to move on. Stopped at a bunch of ToT stations and ended up with a pretty decent amount of candy.

The only character I ended up meeting was Captain Jack. The lines for all the character were super long because of their shortened sets. The first parade ran late, so did the Hocus Pocus show. Hallowishes still went on at 10, and CTM was shown after. I was able to get a spot about 9:40 in the FP West viewing area and it wasn't crowded at all.

Did a few more ToT stations before heading to Liberty Square about 20 minutes before the 2nd parade was scheduled to start. The parade was great. That was probably the only thing that went smoothly throughout the night.

Followed the parade to the hub, only to have the show shortened due to technical difficulties. They still performed their last song after being delayed a few minutes.

Sat for a bit to lets the crowds pass. Made it out of the parking lot about 1:15.

I'm glad I am going again tomorrow, though the weather forecast isn't looking too great right now. My goal for the parties is to meet all the special characters, but with how miserably last night went and the potential rain, I'm not optimistic about my numbers. Thankfully I am local so I can go back for a 3rd party in October if I want to. But as my first party, it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth (through no fault of Disney).

Crowd wise - I didn't find it bad at all. Yes, the crowds for the stage show were huge, but that's to be expected with its scarcity. The parade route was emptier than MSEP is most of the time. I didn't check ride times, but I do remember Space being 50 minutes later in the evening when it started raining again, but that was probably the best place to take cover.

Where can I find ideas on something simple to wear to the party? We are mom dad and DD 16. She wants us to be themed. Not full costumes but something themed. She has this cute light blue Cinderella shirt with butterflies on it from kohls she wants to wear with a new tiara from downtown Disney with sparkly vans. But we have no idea how me and hubby can match that theme.
All ideas welcome.

You could DisneyBound as the mice? That would be pretty simple - brown pants and whatever colored shirt for whatever mouse you're going for. Or you could do the same for the stepsisters.

Our only priorities are the parade and fireworks. What's the best way to do these 2, and where and when should we watch? Otherwise we will be doing rides, maybe some minor characters, maybe some TOTing. Just trying to get a loose touring plan figured out.

edited to add-- We are two adults, and we will do a quick service between 4 and 7 or just snack.
The happy hollowishes dessert party. It costs more but you get a reserved spot for both fireworks and the parade. I was on the fence about paying extra for this party but when I saw all the negative reviews I decided to just do it and I'm so glad I did.

For those that said they got a fast pass for mickey, I am assuming that is the Town Hall one? If so, what time does he start appearing in the Halloween costume? just trying to see if I can adjust my FP+ for the party days. Is it the same deal for the Christmas party?
We saw Mickey around 630 with a fast pass and he was in regular attire. He must change after 7

Last night was kind of miserable, but I'm putting that all on the rain.

Crowd wise - I didn't find it bad at all. Yes, the crowds for the stage show were huge, but that's to be expected with its scarcity. The parade route was emptier than MSEP is most of the time. I didn't check ride times, but I do remember Space being 50 minutes later in the evening when it started raining again, but that was probably the best place to take cover.

I hope more than anything that you are right...before this, I'd been to 2 rainy parties in the past 2 years and it was nothing like this year, though...

I thought the party was much more crowded than other sold out parties I've been to. During the fireworks, FL was so crowded, it was hard to move. We had to wait in line for the People Mover....

For me, the experience overall was just not what I know and love. The atmosphere wasn't as festive. CMs were more interested in crowd control than being friendly (that's a pro and con, I guess). Character interactions were not great. I've never felt like I wasted money at Disney - and I'm still not ready to say that's how I feel now...but this will be our last Halloween party for at least a few years.

I sincerely hope everybody else has a much better time than I did!!! I know lots of people had a great time last night so maybe it was just bad luck for us.

Last edited:

I hope more than anything that you are right...before this, I'd been to 2 rainy parties in the past 2 years and it was nothing like this year, though...

I thought the party was much more crowded than other sold out parties I've been to. During the fireworks, FL was so crowded, it was hard to move. We head to wait in line for the People Mover....

For me, the experience overall was just not what I know and love. The atmosphere wasn't as festive. CMs were more interested in crowd control than being friendly (that's a pro and con, I guess). Character interactions were not great. I've never felt like I wasted money at Disney - and I'm still not ready to say that's how I feel now...but this will be our last Halloween party for at least a few years.

I sincerely hope everybody else has a much better time than I did!!! I know lots of people had a great time last night so maybe it was just bad luck for us.

I'm with you, the atmosphere was just off last night. I do think a huge part of that was the weather though, a lot of the guests got wet and were put out about character sets being shorter and things being cancelled. The atmosphere around me for the parade was decidedly grumpier than usual.

I think we might try again in a year or to, but we won't buy the tickets that far in advance, we'll wait to get a better idea of weather. I would never go to a party in the rain again!

I'm with you, the atmosphere was just off last night. I do think a huge part of that was the weather though, a lot of the guests got wet and were put out about character sets being shorter and things being cancelled. The atmosphere around me for the parade was decidedly grumpier than usual.

I think we might try again in a year or to, but we won't buy the tickets that far in advance, we'll wait to get a better idea of weather. I would never go to a party in the rain again!

This is why I really wanted to wait until we got there to buy our tickets, but with so many sell outs this year, I was afraid there wouldn't be any availability if we waited. :-(

We saw Mickey around 630 with a fast pass and he was in regular attire. He must change after 7
I'm confused then....OP said she had FP for Mickey but he was.in costume. If he doesn't change until 7 then how was a FP used?

I wouldnt mind changing my FP if it meant we could get Mickey in costume!

We were able to because that area is reserved for people who paid for the dessert party. So yes we had curbside seating.
oh, yes, I know it's the reserved area for the dessert party people, I just wasn't sure how crowded that got too. great to hear you still got curbside at 8:35! after reading more and more of these reviews of the Halloween party, I am happier that I booked the dessert party.

You could DisneyBound as the mice? That would be pretty simple - brown pants and whatever colored shirt for whatever mouse you're going for. Or you could do the same for the stepsisters.
I was going to suggest the mice too. Or what about fairy godmother and Prince Charming?

I thought the party was much more crowded than other sold out parties I've been to. During the fireworks, FL was so crowded, it was hard to move. We had to wait in line for the People Mover....

For me, the experience overall was just not what I know and love
. The atmosphere wasn't as festive. CMs were more interested in crowd control than being friendly (that's a pro and con, I guess). Character interactions were not great. I've never felt like I wasted money at Disney - and I'm still not ready to say that's how I feel now...but this will be our last Halloween party for at least a few years.

I could have written exactly this. We were there last night as well.

and Sunday Sept. 27th just sold out....wow! I have never seen it this crazy sold out before in September. I have never done the Halloween party just the Christmas. Now I am worried, just going to try and go and have a good time I guess.

and Sunday Sept. 27th just sold out....wow! I have never seen it this crazy sold out before in September. I have never done the Halloween party just the Christmas. Now I am worried, just going to try and go and have a good time I guess.
I think the secret is out about September having been low crowds and free dining was so limited in October, I bet a lot of people just picked sept to go. I know so many people down there right now it's not even funny. we don't even have off school around here.

Has anyone waited on line for the 7 Dwarfs? What time did you get on line and how long did you have to wait? I could be at MK by 6:00, any idea how long the line will be by then?

a lot of southern schools are giving a week off for fall break now in late September. But they do not get off Columbus Day, so this is when they do a break now.

Has anyone waited on line for the 7 Dwarfs? What time did you get on line and how long did you have to wait? I could be at MK by 6:00, any idea how long the line will be by then?

The rain messed with timing yesterday, but I believe I would have been about 30 minutes back when I got in line at 5:40 had they not had to leave. They came out at 6:45.

This is crazy.

I'm glad I went ahead and bought my tickets for Thursday, I expect it to sell out too. In fact, I would no longer be surprised if every party sold out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter