******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on the subject of MNSSHP, are those tickets refundable? We really hope to do them, but if we don't get FD we won't be able to. I know they sell out some nights and I'd prefer to buy our tickets right when then go on sale. Looks like they might be will be available before we know about FD. Oh the many worries of planning a WDW trip. :confused:

I don't think they're refundable. But none of the dates sold out last year til late summer.

When I lived in England I had Marmite all the time when I was at other people's houses or travelling. But there was always a jar of Vegemite in the cupboard at home. I always found it bizarre that Vegemite was put on the shelf with Bisto and Bovril near all the gravy things. It was like Sainsbury's didn't want the Vegemite and Marmite fraternising!

I am a kiwi - our marmite factory was damaged during the Christchurch earthquakes - it was a national crisis as ours tastes different to UK Marmite, and the country ran out of stock before they got it up and running again!

So, FD question - if you have a room only booking so you can secure your ADRs, then free dining drops within the time frame - how do you change to take advantage of it? Online? Is it easy enough? Or do you have to call?

So, FD question - if you have a room only booking so you can secure your ADRs, then free dining drops within the time frame - how do you change to take advantage of it? Online? Is it easy enough? Or do you have to call?
Just my $.02 here but if I were in your situation I would do the following:

1. Try to modify existing room only reservation online when it is announced. If for whatever reason you are not able to modify online (such as website glitches, or maybe you booked through a travel agent and therefore would need to contact said travel agent to make changes for you) I wouldn't waste any time waiting for website to cooperate with modifying existing res. or waiting for TA to get back to you to secure FD for you.

-if no success modifying online I would:

2. I would book a completely new reservation online for the dates you want to go, confirm you have a separate confirmation number reflecting the new FD booking, write down the confirmation#, print the email with the new confirmation#, etc. Then cancel the room-only reservation that you previously made. This will not effect any of the ADRs you previously booked. They will still be there. In fact, when canceling a reservation on website, there is a screen that pops up toward the end of the process that notifies you that canceling your reservation does not cancel your ADRs, you would have to go and cancel those separately. So your ADRs will be safe.

-or as a last resort:

3. If your not comfortable having deposit money tied up from temporarily having 2 separate reservations you could call Disney starting at 7am EST and check for FD availability for your travel dates and whatever resort(s) you prefer. If there is availability they will be able to make all necessary changes during that phone call as long as you didn't book through a travel agent.

Just keep in mind that if you decide to wait until 7am EST to call, FD will have very likely been available online for several hours (using previous years release times as an indication) and the availability may be limited. Also expect long wait times on the phone the morning FD is released. Like hours-long hold times.

Good luck.

Tonga Toast is thick sliced sourdough bread stuffed with bananas, battered (like French toast), deep fried and then dusted with cinnamon sugar. The toast at Kona comes with a strawberry compote, but the toast at Cook's does not :confused3.
I really want to try Tonga Toast. It looks delicious. However, does it taste super banana-y? :lovestrucI love Ohana's bread pudding dessert (even though I know about the bananas), but :crazy2:dislike banana bread, banana flavored things, and bananas in general.

I was looking at Disney tourist blog and they seem to think that FD will be offered and that it will be offered in early to mid April this year instead of the end of April like last year. It made me feel a little better after the talk of some that there won't be free dining this year. I hope they are accurate.

I wake up at 4:30 weekdays first thing I do is check. It would be better for me if it was somehow a surprise since I am up that early anyway.

Just as a matter of interest, so I can check that the info on timezones is right - what time is it there now? It is currently 12.45 PM Monday in New Zealand!

Just as a matter of interest, so I can check that the info on timezones is right - what time is it there now? It is currently 12.45 PM Monday in New Zealand!

I'm eastern time which is what the 4am refers to. It is 7:47 pm Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter