• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two of our costumes put together. Can you tell who they are? We are going to an Aug party so we needed to disbound for HOT weather.
I think DD's is good, but DS's..... His belt needs to hang lower so you can see his holster and I may need to change his shorts color to navy. The rest of us are more obvious with character tees and accessories.

LEIA.jpg.JPG Han.jpg

DH and I will be attending the 9/10 party. We'll be going as the balloon "ladies" during a runDisney race. I figured the "costume" will be easy to pull together as it's just regular running clothes. We'll be using an old runDisney race bib and we'll buy the Mickey head balloons before the party. I just hope someone...ANYONE...will get it.

DH and I will be attending the 9/10 party. We'll be going as the balloon "ladies" during a runDisney race. I figured the "costume" will be easy to pull together as it's just regular running clothes. We'll be using an old runDisney race bib and we'll buy the Mickey head balloons before the party. I just hope someone...ANYONE...will get it.

Luckily I've never seen them (or even googled what they look like so I don't jinx myself lol) but I think this is a super cute idea!

I'm going on the same date! Are any of you passholders?

I will be attending my first runDisney event in February, so I get it from researching, but I've never seen them.

I'm going on the same date! Are any of you passholders?

I will be attending my first runDisney event in February, so I get it from researching, but I've never seen them.
How exciting! Yes, both of us have AP's.

I'm guessing you're doing Princess? I've done Princess twice (GSC + 5k) and they're a lot of fun. The women tend be be very supportive of each other and cheer each other on. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

As far as seeing the balloon ladies... thankfully only in the race retreat tent!

Does anyone know how rider swap works during the party? With there not being FPs will the FP entrance still be used if you have a rider swap ticket?

Ah, I love this idea! I'm running the Wine & Dine Half this year (my first RunDisney race) and I'm pretty sure I'll be well out of range of the balloon ladies, but I talked my mom into running/walking/shuffling the 10k with me (as part of the Two Course Challenge) and she is literally having NIGHTMARES about the balloon ladies. I will be sure to let her know about your costumes, she will get a good laugh out of that.

EDIT: Actually, I will also be attending the 9/10 party (without my mom unfortunately) so if I see you I will be sure say hi and snap a quick pic!

Why does everything have to be so hard. I have three fast passes for my party day( only a party ticket) and if this holds true I would loose two of them. The one I really care about is the haunted mansion. The rest I would be ok with loosing.
YOU Should wait and do HM after the party starts so you will see the extra special effects.

Ah, I love this idea! I'm running the Wine & Dine Half this year (my first RunDisney race) and I'm pretty sure I'll be well out of range of the balloon ladies, but I talked my mom into running/walking/shuffling the 10k with me (as part of the Two Course Challenge) and she is literally having NIGHTMARES about the balloon ladies. I will be sure to let her know about your costumes, she will get a good laugh out of that.

EDIT: Actually, I will also be attending the 9/10 party (without my mom unfortunately) so if I see you I will be sure say hi and snap a quick pic!
Please do! DH and I always love to talk with fellow rD runners.

Previous Party-goers: How strict exactly are they on adult costumes? I've seen some pictures of adults in ball gowns or cloaks, which has me curious.

I'm hoping theres more then this.

Does anyone know if they'll have more MNSSHP stuff than what is pictured or if that's all that is available?

I hoped for more.

Does anyone know if they usually sell more than what is pictured?

There is more merchandise listed on the Disney App and online Disney Store search under "Halloween" https://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks/halloween/mn/1001081+1000885/

Otherwise, yes this is it. :sad2:

Does anyone know how rider swap works during the party? With there not being FPs will the FP entrance still be used if you have a rider swap ticket?

Here's how it works: http://wdwuntangled.com/rider-switch/

Lastly, @klbrow11 asked if Rider Swap was available during MNSSHP and the answer is YES according to @mesaboy2 . You can view this here Post 2166
Not really sure what you mean by this? "With there not being FPs" since most already have them on their party tickets.

Last edited:
How exciting! Yes, both of us have AP's.

I'm guessing you're doing Princess? I've done Princess twice (GSC + 5k) and they're a lot of fun. The women tend be be very supportive of each other and cheer each other on. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

As far as seeing the balloon ladies... thankfully only in the race retreat tent!

Hmm, I shall message you ^_^

Yeah, the 10k. My first official runDisney event and 10k :goodvibes
How are you planning on wrangling the balloons during the party?

There is more merchandise listed on the Disney App and online Disney Store search under "Halloween" https://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks/halloween/mn/1001081+1000885/

Otherwise, yes this is it. :sad2:

Here's how it works: http://wdwuntangled.com/rider-switch/

Lastly, @klbrow11 asked if Rider Swap was available during MNSSHP and the answer is YES according to @mesaboy2 . You can view this here Post 2166
Not really sure what you mean by this? "With there not being FPs" since most already have them on their party tickets.

Thanks, I'll check it out! What I mean is we would use the FP entrance with a rider swap ticket on a normal day and the fact that there isn't FP's after 6:30 will the FP entrance even be open to use rider swap tickets?

Hmm, I shall message you ^_^

Yeah, the 10k. My first official runDisney event and 10k :goodvibes
How are you planning on wrangling the balloons during the party?
It's only one balloon and it's usually tied around your waist or something you wear around the waist. Shouldn't be to hard to wrangle.

What special effects does HM have during the party? We haven't been to MNSSHP in a few years but I don't remember anything being different and I know that we rode once during the day and once during the party.

It's only one balloon and it's usually tied around your waist or something you wear around the waist. Shouldn't be to hard to wrangle.
Oh, so will you take turns holding the balloons for rides? I heard they aren't allowed on the rides and such :(
lol I'm so interested because I really want one of the balloons but there's only two of us so I'll have to wait til the end of the party to get it (if they sell them during the parties). BUT if you figured out a clever way to manage them, I'd be quite interested ::yes::

YOU Should wait and do HM after the party starts so you will see the extra special effects.
I thought about that too, but when my 6 and 4 year old girls see the characters all dressed up they may think it's to scary. I might not be able to get them near the place. :(

Maybe I'm wrong, and somebody with more MNSSHP experience can help us out here, but I think there will be more merch. The designs might be the same or similar, but I think we'll see more of a variety in color and shirt type. Does anyone know if they usually sell more than what is pictured?

Sometimes there is a bit more, like different styles of t-shirts. I know usually there is a long sleeve t-shirt option, as that is what I buy every year, but it always has the same design as the regular t-shirts

is we would use the FP entrance with a rider swap ticket on a normal day and the fact that there isn't FP's after 6:30 will the FP entrance even be open to use rider swap tickets?

Again, according to @mesaboy2 "Rider swap is offered at any attraction with a height requirement, whenever the attraction is operating." If you need more clarification post your question on the [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/"]FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions[/URL] :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter