• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
working advantage is selling discounted MNSSHP tickets for select dates in September. has anyone purchased from them before?

it's 3 per day per person regardless of if you have a daytime ticket and a party ticket. That statement applies to those who chose not to use a day ticket the day of their party.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I can't wait to hear back from all of you first-party-goers!! We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2013 and I'm so excited to see all the changes!! I also would like to put my 2 cents in that I really dislike the idea of having Descendants replace the villains. Granted, I'm not the target audience here without kids, but please don't take my classic villains away for a Disney Channel movie!!

Since this is official from Disney, I assume that you will be forced to stay outside the MK gates from 4-7, because Disney has never publicly admitted that 4PM entry is allowed, right? :duck:

Even though Disney never "publicly" admitted that 4pm entry is allowed you've always had multiple cast members, Disney Parks Moms Panel, and countless others say that 4pm entry is allowed. I'd be shocked if they all of a sudden said it wasn't allowed two days before the first party!

Edit: Were you being sarcastic?

Following..... Not been since 2014 so really excited and my daughter loves descendants, if that happens.

I can't recall ever hearing that the M&Gs get moved indoors? But I've been lucky to experience rain free parties, so have no personal experience.

There was only one report from canadabelle, you remember her she posted pictures wearing her beautiful yellow Belle dress. She wanted to wear it but then Disney said no long gowns so she wore her village Belle dress. Anyway it rained on her party but a CM did take her to some location to meet Belle & Gaston. It is posted in the 2016 thread with photos. I've seen them but I believe that was a fluke.
As far as anyone else meeting character's that awful rainy night there were none reported. Not a peep. So I doubt they meet at all but I'm not 100% sure as I've never experienced it before but @OhioStateBuckeye says they move to other locations without going into details - and that's what I'm after. :confused3

I know some have Plan B locations, and the majority of them are under cover most of the night anyway.

Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, Merda these are just a few that don't have cover where do they go?

Even though Disney never "publicly" admitted that 4pm entry is allowed you've always had multiple cast members, Disney Parks Moms Panel, and countless others say that 4pm entry is allowed. I'd be shocked if they all of a sudden said it wasn't allowed two days before the first party!

Edit: Were you being sarcastic?

Yes :goodvibes

Those who are arguing "against" 4PM entry or FP+ use with a party ticket alone typically base their argument around the fact that 4PM has never been "official", which is clearly not true.

My DH and I are going to the first party this Friday night! Will the map show which character is meeting where or will it just have a mickey head saying there is a character location at that spot? Any advice on how to determine who is actually out? Will they have additional cast members at the front to answer questions? We did the Christmas party last year so we are generally familiar what happens during these parties. But, we will have to make a decision when we get there if its worth it to jump in one of the long lines for the characters.

Just have a mickey head saying there is a character location at that spot.
Cast Members will be at the front to answer questions - if they can.

Yes :goodvibes

Those who are arguing "against" 4PM entry or FP+ use with a party ticket alone typically base their argument around the fact that 4PM has never been "official", which is clearly not true.

Gotcha lol! Sorry I'm not 100% with it today. I did over two hours of yard work yesterday with it being 90+ degrees so I'm exhausted :o

Just ordered my tickets for Sept 10th Party. Its officially official we are going :jumping1:
Sadly i dont think we will be dressing up. I was in a car wreck 2 weeks ago (on my 30 days till date so it was too late to cancel the trip). My van which is what we always drive to Disney was totaled so we are having to get DH's car up to par for the road trip. Im saving where I can but DH said to order the party tickets so i did. But i'll skip costumes to save some money.

Well, I have more experience with rainy MVMCPs. For instance, in that party they moved Minnie, Daisy, Santa Goofy, Donald and Scrooge all together under cover of the train station in Storybook Circus land. Which was an amazing shot. During the party Minnie and Daisy met together, Goofy alone and then Scrooge and Donald together.

If there is lightning they all go inside.

I had heard about Belle and Gaston moving inside Gaston's Tavern during rain.

Just ordered my tickets for Sept 10th Party. Its officially official we are going :jumping1:
Sadly i dont think we will be dressing up. I was in a car wreck 2 weeks ago (on my 30 days till date so it was too late to cancel the trip). My van which is what we always drive to Disney was totaled so we are having to get DH's car up to par for the road trip. Im saving where I can but DH said to order the party tickets so i did. But i'll skip costumes to save some money.

Oh wow, are you doing ok? So glad you still get to go.

Well, I have more experience with rainy MVMCPs. For instance, in that party they moved Minnie, Daisy, Santa Goofy, Donald and Scrooge all together under cover of the train station in Storybook Circus land. Which was an amazing shot. During the party Minnie and Daisy met together, Goofy alone and then Scrooge and Donald together.

If there is lightning they all go inside.

I had heard about Belle and Gaston moving inside Gaston's Tavern during rain.

I bet that would be great for photos in Gaston's Tavern.

Oh wow, are you doing ok? So glad you still get to go.

Im doing OK, fortunately I was the only one in my car so the rest of the family is fine. I am super sore and have the typical (according to the doctors)neck and back pain. I have to go to Physical Therapy for 6 weeks. It has changed our plans alot, Im not allowed to ride anything with that lovely "neck and back pain" warning. So I will be doing A LOT of trick or treating and meet and greets.
I may have to rent a scooter. We are waiting to see how I am feeling after next week.
As they say "Any day in Disney is better then a great day at home" ;) I am going to enjoy the heck out of my trip no matter what my limits are.

Im doing OK, fortunately I was the only one in my car so the rest of the family is fine. I am super sore and have the typical (according to the doctors)neck and back pain. I have to go to Physical Therapy for 6 weeks. It has changed our plans alot, Im not allowed to ride anything with that lovely "neck and back pain" warning. So I will be doing A LOT of trick or treating and meet and greets.
I may have to rent a scooter. We are waiting to see how I am feeling after next week.
As they say "Any day in Disney is better then a great day at home" ;) I am going to enjoy the heck out of my trip no matter what my limits are.

That's a great attitude to have! I hope your trip is full of magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter