"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

You make a very good point and after sleeping on in it, I'm less annoyed today. And you're right it is a bit unusual to have this type of response from just a random email into a general email box so I will be calling to thank her for the personalized follow up.
Could she be calling you to let you know of the change without knowing you emailed in regards to the change? Just a thought since it was the same CM.

Could she be calling you to let you know of the change without knowing you emailed in regards to the change? Just a thought since it was the same CM.

No, she referenced the fact that we had already spoken about this earlier in the month and was emphasizing that she gave me the info as she knew it at that point, which I've never doubted. Probably another good reason to call her back because I don't want her thinking I'm blaming her. I guess somehow my new email got cross referenced to my first one. Geez, I hope I've not landed on the "pain in the butt" guest list. :earboy2:

That's what's funny, though: all of these people that booked will cancel and Disney will lose the money they planned on getting.
We will all cancel (just cancelled mine this morning!) but others will scoop them right up. No money lost for Disney, unfortunately, so no skin off their back if a handful of us are ticked off. Let’s be honest...it won’t stop us from coming back, so why should they care?

We will all cancel (just cancelled mine this morning!) but others will scoop them right up. No money lost for Disney, unfortunately, so no skin off their back if a handful of us are ticked off. Let’s be honest...it won’t stop us from coming back, so why should they care?

THIS and its not a battle worth fighting.

What is your favorite area to hang out in during the parade, with kids?. The last time we went, we just hung around Tomorrow Land. Thinking about doing Frontier land this time. Any thoughts? Is it a little more “hallowee-nish?” THanks!

You’re absolutely right and that’s what stinks. I’m not going to email but I will most likely cancel.

What is your favorite area to hang out in during the parade, with kids?. The last time we went, we just hung around Tomorrow Land. Thinking about doing Frontier land this time. Any thoughts? Is it a little more “hallowee-nish?” THanks!

The parade doesn't go through Tomorrowland unless you're right at the entrance to that area in the hub. We love Frontierland for the parade. I find the overall feel there to be more Halloweenish and it's definitely less congested than the hub and Main St.

Just purchased my ticket for the first party. Never had an intention to go this year, but decided to do a solo trip with my toddler while my son is out of town.

So where is the best place to try and watch the parade without waiting an extended period of time. I can keep my toddler entertained a little while, but I can't wait an hour for a good spot. Typically with my husband we take turns waiting while we let my son run around.

Fun! I've been taking DS to MNSSHP solo since he was 3 (he's now 7). Last year I took DS and DD3 solo. As a parent, those solo trips are really some of the best memories we've had so far, and one of the reasons we sort of fell in love with the place.

Anyway. Being solo with little ones always has some wrinkles, as I'm sure you know! Last year with DD3, we watched the first parade around Town Square. That's not exactly my favorite place to watch, but it tends to fill in last, so we got a spot on the curb 10-15ish minutes before the parade arrived there - which is pretty good in my book (this was at a party around Columbus Day weekend). The dancers/music that come by before the parade helped pass a few minutes (and I got some great pics of them dancing on Main Street).

Have fun!

Wow, disappointed to read about the parade viewing no longer being part of the terrace dessert party. I would know nothing about this change without all of you posting here, so thank you! Only reason I booked it, like many, was for the parade viewing so I will be canceling. It really is unbelievable Disney hasn't taken the time or effort to inform their guests of the change. Frustrating!

Wow, disappointed to read about the parade viewing no longer being part of the terrace dessert party. I would know nothing about this change without all of you posting here, so thank you! Only reason I booked it, like many, was for the parade viewing so I will be canceling. It really is unbelievable Disney hasn't taken the time or effort to inform their guests of the change. Frustrating!
I cancelled last night, without the parade viewing it isn't worth it.

You make a very good point and after sleeping on in it, I'm less annoyed today. And you're right it is a bit unusual to have this type of response from just a random email into a general email box so I will be calling to thank her for the personalized follow up.

Ask for a FP lol. They seem to throw those at people to try to make things better lol.

You’re absolutely right and that’s what stinks. I’m not going to email but I will most likely cancel.

I agree. I normally wound't email either but I did this time because I originally emailed asking about it so I feel like I should let them know not of my displeasure of them taking it away but my displeasure of them not notifying people.

I emailed re: continual website mistakes. I'm sure it will change nothing, but it makes me feel better, haha... I simply said I love WDW, but I implore you to please add some quality control to your website. Making the exact same mistakes year-after-year is careless to the point of negligent. Oh well. Last time I emailed him (and the only other time I have done so -- I forget what got me so worked up that time, haha) I got a call from his office thanking me for my email.

UPDATE:

I just got a call from someone who thanked me for my email. She said they were going to come up with a plan how to notify anyone who booked it when it said the parade was included to notify them. Pretty impressive...

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I am incredibly impressed. I just got a call from someone from George's office (I didn't write down her name) who thanked me for my email. She said George read it and he has asked a "team of managers" to get to the bottom of it. She said they were going to come up with a plan how to notify anyone who booked it when it said the parade was included to notify them. Pretty impressive... I felt better just by writing the email, but knowing they acknowledge the annoyance is pretty swell. =)

In hindsight, I should have asked for a fastpass, haha. (I kid, I kid).
That is such a good sign! Thank you for taking the time to do this @anomamatt! Sounds like your contact to Disney might mean others are made aware of the situation.

For those of you still interested in my ongoing saga of my email/phone calls on the parade viewing issue...

I left a message for Emily, the CM who has been very kind in trying to communicate what she knows to me, just to thank her for taking the time to follow up a 2nd time. She called me AGAIN (I can barely believe it). I told her it wasn't necessary, but she wanted me to know that I am not alone and they had heard from several guests who were also impacted (way to go DISers who emailed in!) and it has been taken to their "leadership team" and they are reviewing the entire mess to find out where the process is broken and to get a final answer on what the heck is going on. The MNSSHP itself is a different team than the dessert party people who are different from the Hallowishes people who are different from the website team. Clearly they don't talk. She asked for my patience to allow the leaders to sort through it all and promised to call me again in about a week once the review is done.

Whoever it was who joked about it above... no fastpass has been offered yet lol.

UPDATE:

I am incredibly impressed. I just got a call from someone from George's office (I didn't write down her name) who thanked me for my email. She said George read it and he has asked a "team of managers" to get to the bottom of it. She said they were going to come up with a plan how to notify anyone who booked it when it said the parade was included to notify them. Pretty impressive... I felt better just by writing the email, but knowing they acknowledge the annoyance is pretty swell. =)

In hindsight, I should have asked for a fastpass, haha. (I kid, I kid).

This is pretty much consistent with my conversation, which is a good sign. The screw up is what it is and I'm not losing sleep over it, but it is still really nice to know that they are actually trying to figure out where they screwed up. But so help me, if next year this happens again, that will be too much for this otherwise easy going gal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter