"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So we pulled the trigger for our one night on Disney property, August 28th. We're going to be in Universal for a week and decided to throw in the party night as a surprise for the kids. When I purchased the tickets yesterday, they were linked to my account and I then set out to land FP for 4PM on. I was able to get BTMRR @ 4, Spash at 5 and was hoping for Space Mountain at 6, but much to my surprise, nothing is available for FP at 6PM. It's a full hour before the park closes to non-party guests, so I wonder if this is just a technical glitch or intentional. It can't possibly be that no ride @ MK has a FP available at 6PM. Any ideas?

So we pulled the trigger for our one night on Disney property, August 28th. We're going to be in Universal for a week and decided to throw in the party night as a surprise for the kids. When I purchased the tickets yesterday, they were linked to my account and I then set out to land FP for 4PM on. I was able to get BTMRR @ 4, Spash at 5 and was hoping for Space Mountain at 6, but much to my surprise, nothing is available for FP at 6PM. It's a full hour before the park closes to non-party guests, so I wonder if this is just a technical glitch or intentional. It can't possibly be that no ride @ MK has a FP available at 6PM. Any ideas?

The park closes at 6pm this year for MNSSHP dates, hence why you couldn’t make FPs 6pm+. Disney introduced a 6pm park closing for MVMCP last year and it has carried over to MNSSHP this year.

It’s meant to provide an hour ‘buffer’ for day guests to make their way out while MNSSHP guests continue to make their way in. All rides will still be open, you just need a MNSSHP wristband to ride them after 6pm.

Last edited:

I believe there are no FP available at 6 only because I have a 5:20 FP and instead of the ending window time being 6:20 it is 6:00.

Reactions: Koz
The park closes at 6pm this year for MNSSHP dates, hence why you couldn’t make FPs 6pm+. Disney introduced a 6pm park closing for MVMCP last year and it has carried over to MNSSHP this year.

It’s meant to provide an hour ‘buffer’ for day guests to make their way out while MNSSHP guests continue to make their way in. All rides will still be open, you just need a MNSSHP wristband to ride them after 6pm.
Aha! I knew that there must be a reason. That's all well and good then. Get rid of the non-party guests an hour in advance and clear things out. Hoping for low crowds for this party. I know that this particular week is supposed to be a quiet one at Universal, perhaps the best of the year. Fingers crossed that it transfers over to MK on our night there. That being said, we aren't trick or treating and won't wait on long character lines, so it should be rather easy to get everything done several times over in the span of 8 hours.

Yes, I have a 5:30 FP for BTMR and the end time is 6:00. Since that still isn't on the list for open attractions during the party, I wanted to be sure to get a FP for it.

I just did the same thing last night for the 28th. We are staying the week at Vero beach and I bought party tickets and booked a room at SSR just to go. We will drive back to Vero in the morning. So excited and my wife and daughter don't know so I'm sure it will be a pleasant surprise.

We did a lot of trick or treating at disneyland party in 2016. We did not see any carrots or apple slices or trail mix. We did skip a few trails - either out of our way or long lines.

What a shame if they took them away. My last time there was 2015. We loved the dried apple chips.

Aha! I knew that there must be a reason. That's all well and good then. Get rid of the non-party guests an hour in advance and clear things out. Hoping for low crowds for this party. I know that this particular week is supposed to be a quiet one at Universal, perhaps the best of the year. Fingers crossed that it transfers over to MK on our night there. That being said, we aren't trick or treating and won't wait on long character lines, so it should be rather easy to get everything done several times over in the span of 8 hours.

Adjust your times and you can still have a 3rd FP. Make your BTMR from 330-430, Splash 430-530, Space 530-6p, if those times are available. Do Frontierland rides back to back at 430 and youll have plenty of time to lazy stroll, or grab something to eat real quick, etc to Tomorrowland for your Space FP. Again, that's if these are available/possible for you. Remember you have to start with BTMR first or it will say there's no times available for the other later ones b/c they would overlap with current times you have.

Yep! And Disney has something going on with nut allergies too. I forget what attraction has it but the cement ground has peanuts on it. I think Disneyland. And people got all upset, oh! you're going to kill my kid! Just crazy stuff. Disney did not use real peanuts, it's cement made to look like peanuts! :crazy:
As much as I love trail mix it probably wouldn’t work with all of the but allergies. Is all of the candy nut free?

That’s funny that they thought they were real peanuts.

Adjust your times and you can still have a 3rd FP. Make your BTMR from 330-430, Splash 430-530, Space 530-6p, if those times are available. Do Frontierland rides back to back at 430 and youll have plenty of time to lazy stroll, or grab something to eat real quick, etc to Tomorrowland for your Space FP. Again, that's if these are available/possible for you. Remember you have to start with BTMR first or it will say there's no times available for the other later ones b/c they would overlap with current times you have.
Thank you RJ but I didn't think it would allow me to make a FP reservation with a window before 4 since we can't enter until that point. Will look into it!

Not yet. We' haven't purchased them, but plan to do so in the next few weeks.
I think you would be okay doing that then. I’m not at home but I think our hard tickets say our names on them, not that the cms check anyway.

As much as I love trail mix it probably wouldn’t work with all of the but allergies. Is all of the candy nut free?

That’s funny that they thought they were real peanuts.

No. I have gotten Snickers and Reeses in the past unless that has changed

Thank you RJ but I didn't think it would allow me to make a FP reservation with a window before 4 since we can't enter until that point. Will look into it!
Some have been able to do it and some get an email saying they have too many FP booked and they will lose their last day of passes. Keep an eye out for that if you do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter