"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but here goes: When I purchase my party tickets is it true that they will be linked to our resort account/Magic Bands?
Do we also need "hard tickets" or does the link to the Magic Band account suffice?

Thank you RJ but I didn't think it would allow me to make a FP reservation with a window before 4 since we can't enter until that point. Will look into it!

Sunday, September 9, 2018 - Magic Kingdom Park
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Peter Pan's Flight
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM
View Details

Here's mine :)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but here goes: When I purchase my party tickets is it true that they will be linked to our resort account/Magic Bands?
Do we also need "hard tickets" or does the link to the Magic Band account suffice?
You need to go into MDE and link them like you would other tickets.

Depends on how your purchased your tickets.

When you buy tickets online, you have to assign them to a MDX profile - so once you purchase tickets they are linked to that profile and MBs can be used if you have them (check the My Tickets section to make sure the tickets show up and are assigned to the right people). For various reasons some people like to have a hard ticket as backup to ensure proper ticket media is used when you enter the park. You can either pick a card up at will call (which is the default delivery setting when you buy online) or you can pay $15 for them to be delivered to you via mail. I personally just use my MB and do not bother to pick up a hard ticket - others have their reasons for wanting the card.

If you buy party tickets by phone, they are NOT linked to any MDX profile (even though they take your name). You have to manually link them to a MDX profile in order for you to be able to use your MB as a party ticket. If you order by phone, they mail you a hard card ticket.

Hope that answers your question.

So a question that might get me ostracized... I've never seen Hocus Pocus.

I have the DVD on reserve at the library, but I'm 7 of 7 and DVDs can be kept for a week. Since I'm 31 days away, I'm not counting on getting it from there. It's not on Netflix either...I've looked. Will the stage show make any sense to someone who hasn't seen it?

I'll go hide in shame now. :duck:

Don't worry, another person here who hasn't seen the movie. We can just all go find a big cave to hide in together....lol. :earboy2: Going to actually buy it as a blind buy though since this bad boy is releasing at Best Buy in a couple weeks. Hubby and I are movie steelbook collectors though. BUT I also took it as a sign that I needed to buy it since we were just talking about trying to find it so we could watch before our WDW trip this Halloween!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hocus-...y-only--best-buy-1993/6261318.p?skuId=6261318

Aha! I knew that there must be a reason. That's all well and good then. Get rid of the non-party guests an hour in advance and clear things out. Hoping for low crowds for this party. I know that this particular week is supposed to be a quiet one at Universal, perhaps the best of the year. Fingers crossed that it transfers over to MK on our night there. That being said, we aren't trick or treating and won't wait on long character lines, so it should be rather easy to get everything done several times over in the span of 8 hours.
Just checked Touring Plans and Aug 28th (our party day too!) is forecasted to be only 1/10!! Woo hoo!! :yay: Will be a great day to be there even during the 4:00 - 6:00 window!

Thank you RJ but I didn't think it would allow me to make a FP reservation with a window before 4 since we can't enter until that point. Will look into it!
The only ticket we have is a MNSSHP ticket. I was able to book my first FP at 3:20 so you can attempt to move your first FP earlier and then adjust from there.

Just checked Touring Plans and Aug 28th (our party day too!) is forecasted to be only 1/10!! Woo hoo!! :yay: Will be a great day to be there even during the 4:00 - 6:00 window!

The only ticket we have is a MNSSHP ticket. I was able to book my first FP at 3:20 so you can attempt to move your first FP earlier and then adjust from there.
Isn't this your trip from last years hurricane trip? We will be trying our luck again this year. We were there during Irma last year.

As I have stated before my sister and our friend is going as the Sanderson sisters for the party. I am not the person to dress up at all and have not done anything close to dressing up except for when my job put money on the line for a contest. I was thinking of something that would go with them and I wouldn't die of heat exhaustion and the only thing I could think of is being the devil (Gary Marshall in the movie). Would this be looked down upon at Disney?

As I have stated before my sister and our friend is going as the Sanderson sisters for the party. I am not the person to dress up at all and have not done anything close to dressing up except for when my job put money on the line for a contest. I was thinking of something that would go with them and I wouldn't die of heat exhaustion and the only thing I could think of is being the devil (Gary Marshall in the movie). Would this be looked down upon at Disney?

I’m thinking of going as (“he’s a little leaguer”) Max Dennison. Love the Gary Marshall idea!

Isn't this your trip from last years hurricane trip? We will be trying our luck again this year. We were there during Irma last year.
Almost!

Disney refunded 100% of our funds when I had to cancel due to Irma but Southwest issued a travel credit that needed to be used up by mid-February. My DD and I went on our 8 night Irma replacement trip in Jan of this year and had a blast!

While on that trip in Jan I booked us BB offer which will be a surprise 4 night trip later this month (she still doesn't have a clue) with the hopes of being able to book a Free Dining trip for September 2019. Sure enough a FD BB for 2019 is out so we'll be booking that later this month! This month's trip will be all about the water parks plus 1 night at MNSSHP so we'll still get a little MK time!

I hope we're both hurricane free this year @Elsaalltheway!!

Almost!

Disney refunded 100% of our funds when I had to cancel due to Irma but Southwest issued a travel credit that needed to be used up by mid-February. My DD and I went on our 8 night Irma replacement trip in Jan of this year and had a blast!

While on that trip in Jan I booked us BB offer which will be a surprise 4 night trip later this month (she still doesn't have a clue) with the hopes of being able to book a Free Dining trip for September 2019. Sure enough a FD BB for 2019 is out so we'll be booking that later this month! This month's trip will be all about the water parks plus 1 night at MNSSHP so we'll still get a little MK time!

I hope we're both hurricane free this year @Elsaalltheway!!
Thats awesome. We got the one day in the park that we didn't use credited back to us. I'm going with my Brother this will probably be our last non DVC trip. I've already been twice this year, and by this time next year I'll be another three times and then only one the year after. So far. I'm trying to talk two of my friends going at the same time as us to actually use the bounce back as it really does save a headache of waiting and praying for the free dining. This will be my first time at ASMu, and my third year in a row for MNSSHP. One of these years I'm taking a solo tirp in Dec so I can do the Xmas show. I've been then, but would like to go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter