• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What’s the consensus on Return to Sleepy Hollow? Did most people who attended enjoy it?
There are some reviews in last year’s thread, and I believe it has its own thread if you do a quick search. But yes, every review I read was favorable. It’s a great price point for a Disney event, too!

I know you are custom designing everything, but in general is it a good idea to bring your own candy bag? When I went to the party at Disneyland they gave us a small paper shopping bag with handles, as I recall. Do you get a bag at the Disney World party? And do people find that something else works better?
Last year I went myself and had a total of 17 pounds of candy with two parties. Everyone here will say if u plan on trick n treating bring a bigger bag.

We are SO excited! We booked our trip almost a year ago and never thought about being able to go to MNSSHP! I have wanted to go for YEARS but with kids in school and being a teacher myself, it would never work. I'm SO happy Disney decided to offer a few in mid August because now we get to go! The kids and I are SO excited!
I could have written your post word for word myself. I can't believe we'll finally get to go!

Parking ?
Hi everyone, I have a question about parking. I'm an annual pass holder so would normally qualify for free parking, but I read somewhere that special events are excluded from the parking perk. Can anyone tell me if you have to pay for parking for the party and if so is it the same price as usual?

Also what would be the latest time I could enter magic kingdom in the afternoon and still use my annual pass to get free parking? Hope that makes sense? :flower1:

Parking ?
Hi everyone, I have a question about parking. I'm an annual pass holder so would normally qualify for free parking, but I read somewhere that special events are excluded from the parking perk. Can anyone tell me if you have to pay for parking for the party and if so is it the same price as usual?

Also what would be the latest time I could enter magic kingdom in the afternoon and still use my annual pass to get free parking? Hope that makes sense? :flower1:

I've done MK on party days and didn't have to pay for parking. Of course, I arrived before party hours and didn't stay for the party. Not sure if they would charge or not after a certain time. Not sure how late I arrived.

Quick question...a mix of the Too Many FPs and SDFP threads.

1. I am a passholder (expires before MNSSHP, but I intend to renew as soon as my 60 days rolls around).
  2. I purchased a MNSSHP Ticket.
  3. I am staying onsite 7 nights and have 5 park days currently planned out not including my MNSSHP day.
Since, I don't think I got an answer if I would be allowed to enter with (not wearing) my costume before 4 PM and change at 4 or not, I have my TouringPlan setup to arrive at 4 PM. I moved my AK day so I could make FastPasses from 4-6 PM. Now, based on threads last year it appears there is some question if a MNSSHP ticket allows making FPs. Since I have an AP and will be under the 7 day limit, I should have no problem making FPs. My concern is if the FastPasses get made on my AP and a enter at 4 PM using my party ticket, will my MDE account get locked when I use the FastPasses since I entered on the party ticket?

I am thinking my best bet would be to scan in earlier, leave, and come back at 3:30 PM or so.

upload_2018-3-23_16-20-11.png

Hello! I am a total newbie to the boards, and I have some questions about MNSSHP. I am using a travel agent, and she booked our Halloween party tickets for us, for the night of October 4th. We're also trying to do the Return to Sleepy Hollow event on October 3rd.

We want to eat at BOG before the party starts, but it looks like there haven't been any dinner reservations open for any party dates. Has anyone been able to get one? Our 180 day mark is April 2nd, so we're close, but I'm wondering what to expect.

Also just any recommendations anyone cane make are great. We are interested in meeting some characters (Jack & Sally, Jack Sparrow), but that's not our biggest priority. Mostly I'm interested in the parade, Villain Spectacular, and fireworks, as well as the special treats and merch.

Even though my birthday is in August, this trip is to celebrate my 30th birthday, and we're going in October specifically because I wanted to be there for Halloween stuff (and also didn't want to be in Florida in August...), so I'm beyond excited for the part!

Just announced - back for 2018....with a dessert party upcharge option!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...erness-resort-campground-begins-september-28/

ETA: Just called and this can be booked 180 days in advance of the event date.

I got excited because I was hoping they'd do this again this year. My kids would love it and we missed out last year bc we decided to Xmas cr....stuff instead. Looks like we will miss this again as we are going earlier in the month. I wish they offered it through all of September!

Thanks so much for the post!

Does anybody have a rough idea of how many tickets are sold for the MNSSHP? Thinking of doing the party but really how crowded is it? TIA

Parking ?

just bumping to see if anyone has any more info?

I wish I was going to WDW this year, just got back from DLP and it snowed (lovely pictures) but it was soo cold, I want that Florida heat back haha.

I went to two parties in late September and did it solo so I thought I'll relive my trip by helping others where I can. :) Whilst trying to win the lottery/a scratch card so I can go back. :rotfl2:

If you do the $22 option, do you still get a picture with the Headless Horseman? If so, is the treat bag worth the extra $16?

I'm so excited because the first night is our last night at WDW and I was sure we'd miss it!

I liked being one of the first rows to watch the film and first up to do the meet, if you want to get out quickly then that is a bonus (I did the 10pm showing and it meant I could be done earlier as I had to be up early the next day.) I also loved the pin so I thought it was worth it, wasn't a huge expense.

Contents of cooler:
37385060386_72b9838c57.jpg
23580506218_78b2b54d30_n.jpg
Cooler bag, it has a handle too.

The Pin

37432188761_116a5bd3cf.jpg

@FoxC63
has posted info on this thread too

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...arty-–-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/

So we are attending the halloween party for the first time ever this year, woohoo!!
Bought my tickets by phone this morning, however my eldest DD will turn 10 in August and because she is still 9, My Disney Experience will not allow me to link her ticket since she needs an adult ticket but is still 9. Guess I can't link her ticket until her birthday in August; while this is fine for FP selection, is this still ok for dining ressies??? Do I need my tickets linked before making dining ressies on party night?

Also, how long does it take for the confirmation email to come through? I have the confirmation number already (which is how I figured out I could not link her ticket yet) so that's fine but how long should an email take???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter