• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We are SO excited! We booked our trip almost a year ago and never thought about being able to go to MNSSHP! I have wanted to go for YEARS but with kids in school and being a teacher myself, it would never work. I'm SO happy Disney decided to offer a few in mid August because now we get to go! The kids and I are SO excited!

And we're all excited for you, just look at how many responded to your awesome news!!!

Found a link to an article in another thread where TP predicted the crowds for the 2017 party dates based on 2016 data and ranked them from least predicted crowd to most. Does anyone have any idea if we can expect such an article for 2018? Thanks!

If it's Brian still give him a few weeks. He typically posts it within a month of dates released. It's possible with the early release of dates it may be longer. I have no inside information and am purely speculating. I look forward to that article every year and usually harass him about it via email. I'm just going to be patient this year lol

Oh man-we get there 8/15, but then are on the Disney Dream from 8/20-8/24!

You guys are always awesome on these boards! Thanks!
Enjoy your cruise and I will c u at the party!!! I will be wearing a T-shirt that has a custom design on it. Silver Minnie bat with orange bow and purple dots on bow and I made my own Minnie ears to match what I am wearing plus I just had my candy bag custom made it will say trick or treating around the kingdom.

Can you give me an estimated wait for 7dmt during a party? I’m just wondering because we did after hours and I’m curious if it’s similar.

During out party last September the wait time was listed at 40-60 most of the night, although when we went on it closer to the end of the party the wait time was still listed at 40 minutes but it ended up only being 20!

I just had my candy bag custom made

I know you are custom designing everything, but in general is it a good idea to bring your own candy bag? When I went to the party at Disneyland they gave us a small paper shopping bag with handles, as I recall. Do you get a bag at the Disney World party? And do people find that something else works better?

I know you are custom designing everything, but in general is it a good idea to bring your own candy bag? When I went to the party at Disneyland they gave us a small paper shopping bag with handles, as I recall. Do you get a bag at the Disney World party? And do people find that something else works better?

We just used the plastic bags provided and they were just big enough to fit candy from every trick or treat station. You can get additional bags from them, if needed. A fabric handled bag would probably be more comfortable to carry around, especially when full, so if you were looking to bring your own that would be my recommendation. The other idea I've seen people suggest is a backpack, which is a good option to consolidate your family's haul at the end of the night. Bonus points if you're not the one who ends up having to carry it.

All this news is exciting and I am hoping we decide to go this year when we are there in October. One of my favorites years I had was going to Disneyland Halloween party and then a week later went to Disney Worlds Party. What a great two period I have ever experienced. Why I must say Disneyland's Halloween party is way better then Disney Worlds in my opinion it still was really great and we are hoping to maybe do it again this year. We went to the Christmas one last year but it just wasn't the same as a Halloween one at all.

Last edited:
If you do the $22 option, do you still get a picture with the Headless Horseman? If so, is the treat bag worth the extra $16?

I'm so excited because the first night is our last night at WDW and I was sure we'd miss it!

Every price point gets the picture, vip gets to go first. So they save maybe ten minutes.

I don't think the treat bag is worth it, I had a regular ticket last year and they told us to take as much extra candy as we wanted.

Is the 4:00 entry time for party guests firm or has Disney been known to let party guests in earlier? I want to be there for "rope drop" for party guests but don't want to be there unnecessarily early either.

If you do the $22 option, do you still get a picture with the Headless Horseman? If so, is the treat bag worth the extra $16?

I'm so excited because the first night is our last night at WDW and I was sure we'd miss it!
Same here. But I am not sure its something I should do. had never heard of it before

Is the 4:00 entry time for party guests firm or has Disney been known to let party guests in earlier? I want to be there for "rope drop" for party guests but don't want to be there unnecessarily early either.

Sometimes they will start letting in around 3:40 or 3:45! But I’m not sure I have seen much earlier than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter