• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean meeting those characters. Not the ride. :)

If I'm not mistaken, the character meet and greets and experiences exclusive to the party don't start until they usher out the day guests. Lines for the characters do tend to be longer than for the rides.

Last edited:
we've always gone to Disney the week of xmas so the party was over and the parades were everyday. this being said, I'm currently trying to decide if should attend the party(leaning toward doing it). what is typically the best days to attend-weekday or weekend? i know my family that lives in florida usually go on a Sunday. we are planning Disney Dec.7 or 8th--15th TIA

They won’t sell out until much closer to the date. You’ll be ok to wait until they release them online.

Does this apply to all of the dates? I want to get tickets for Nov 12th and will be there for a trip in August - it would be good to get them at the military price but I don't want to wait until being there in person in August if they will sell out. And if I read correctly, military purchases need to be made in person at the park or at SOG? Thanks

Woohoo! My hard tickets came in the mail today. Even though logically I know everything is fine if it’s on MDE, I always feel better having the hard ticket.

Does this apply to all of the dates? I want to get tickets for Nov 12th and will be there for a trip in August - it would be good to get them at the military price but I don't want to wait until being there in person in August if they will sell out. And if I read correctly, military purchases need to be made in person at the park or at SOG? Thanks

Last year it took until Oct 25 for a party to sell out. Most of them sell out the day before or day of the party.

I was concerned about (military) tickets selling out as well. I've done some extensive research and read that SOG will sell advanced tickets. You will need to fill out a form and pay $10 for them to be fedexed to your home. I just ordered mine the other day, but I haven't received them yet.

I was concerned about (military) tickets selling out as well. I've done some extensive research and read that SOG will sell advanced tickets. You will need to fill out a form and pay $10 for them to be fedexed to your home. I just ordered mine the other day, but I haven't received them yet.

Thanks very much, I just filled out the form and emailed it to the SOG ticket sales office.

Hello! We plan on attending November 9th, we won't be able to buy our tickets until we get there though for the military pricing.
I have been doing some extensive research and I found that you can preorder tickets through SOG. You will need to fill out a form and pay $10 to have them fedexed to your home. I ordered mine the other day!

Did they announce anything new for the party this year? I love love Disney at Christmas time, but need something compelling like hocus pocus to make the Christmas plunge again.

Snowing on main street is such a magical experience my god.

I have been doing some extensive research and I found that you can preorder tickets through SOG. You will need to fill out a form and pay $10 to have them fedexed to your home. I ordered mine the other day!

I submitted the same form as I did last time but apparently that's outdated so they sent me the new form, along with the 2018 special events flyer, figured I'd post the flyer for reference.

Attachments

• SOG Special Events Disney 2018.pdf
    637.1 KB · Views: 39
Woohoo! My hard tickets came in the mail today. Even though logically I know everything is fine if it’s on MDE, I always feel better having the hard ticket.

We got ours today and feel the same as you that we like the hard tickets especially since a mistake was made. I called the day the tickets went on sale and the rep accidentally selected us for 2 parties one on our arrival day which is what we wanted and one on our checkout day which we did not tell her to do and she thought she canceled but I got 2 sets of tickets so had to call and get the money refunded back on my credit card for the extra party.

Hmm okay thanks for the advice. My 4 year old is a morning person but I thought maybe he’d enjoy it. The time may be just too much of a change for him since he usually goes to bed pretty early. Maybe we’ll wait until next trip! The good news is my youngest is much better at night

My kids are early birds and they always poop out for parties and evening shows here in CA. I’m hoping since we’re going to the east coast this time, they’ll actually stay up and enjoy all that the nighttime has to offer!!

We(two adults in fifties)did two parties last year, 17 th and I think 22nd of December, we also did the garden plaza fireworks desert party for Dec 17 th so we could get a good view of Holiday Wishes, and we will absolutely be doing this again this year.
Definetly a good idea to do two parties if you can- for the first party we got a spot in front of the castle around 7 to watch Anna and Elsa, Mickeys Most Merriest Celebration, which by the way is my absolute favourite, then we watched the Parade and hot footed it over to the Plaza Garden in readiness for the fireworks.
The second party we walked around fantasyland, had pictures taken with Santa Goofy, collected cookies and came back to the hub for the stage show and parade again.Then we went back to Fantasyland to soak up the atmosphere and caught the fireworks from the bridge near Cosmic Rays, didn’t enjoy them as much from there though.

You will not regret it we have been coming to Disney for twenty years last year was our first Christmas( we are from the U.K.) and it was just magical.

I am attending with my mum who is in her seventies from Australia. This is a very different experience as we will not have children with us and we are going to splurge (more than normal). I like the idea of booking two parties and taking in the dessert party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter