"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Me and my partner have just booked for this party

I was just wanting some advice for dinning that night. We have the Disney dinning plan and we are wondering where is best to have a meal in magic kingdom that night at around 5pm

A few of the buffets looked nice but is that not silly doing that if you get loads of snacks that night included in the ticket. Or is it not that much ?

I don’t want to have a massive meal and then we are to full for the snacks included that iv just paid for

What do you guys normally do, do you still have a meal that evening of the party ?

Just need some advice

Thanks

Hey

I was just wanting some advice for dinning that night. We have the Disney dinning plan and we are wondering where is best to have a meal in magic kingdom that night at around 5pm

A few of the buffets looked nice but is that not silly doing that if you get loads of snacks that night included in the ticket. Or is it not that much ?

I don’t want to have a massive meal and then we are to full for the snacks included that iv just paid for

What do you guys normally do, do you still have a meal that evening of the party ?

Just need some advice

Thanks
We are on the dining plan and doing a party too. I plan on doing one of the meals at a resort on the monorail line. I haven't decided which one yet but Ohana is out. I figured it gives us time to see the resort all decorated as well as get a meal in us.

We are on the dining plan and doing a party too. I plan on doing one of the meals at a resort on the monorail line. I haven't decided which one yet but Ohana is out. I figured it gives us time to see the resort all decorated as well as get a meal in us.

Am wondering if we should use the table service meal at lunch time then a quick service in the evening that way we aren’t to full for all the snacks that night

Am wondering if we should use the table service meal at lunch time then a quick service in the evening that way we aren’t to full for all the snacks that night
My plan is early dinner/late lunch 3-4pm ( I haven't decided if it will be TS or QS) The one thing I've learned about going to parties in Disneyland is that the 2-3 hours when party goers can enter and regular guest are still there it is insanely crowded so we won't be in a rush to get in early. We'll just try to get in about an hour before the party starts.

Hey

Just need some advice

Thanks

Last year we ate at Cosmic Rays before the party started. Probably around 5 or 6. The timing was good, but the food was okay. When we did the Halloween party a few years ago, we ate at Columbia House around the same time. We may try a table service meal this year, but probably a bit earlier like around 3 or 4. I definitely think a lighter meal or an earlier big meal is the best option for our family at least. We came home with gobs of cookies from the party and my kids ate a bunch at the party too! There was lots of junk to munch on. Plus there are a variety of special treats available for purchase, if you want to try those.

Hey

Just need some advice

Thanks
We will have the dining plan and are planning our Table Service meal for breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Then spend the day touring some of the resorts (Wilderness Lodge, GF, Cont, etc), then plan to be at MK for 4pm. We'll grab a quick service if/when we get hungry.

~Chelle

Never been to the Christmas party (this year will be my first) but st the Halloween party I just grabbed a Mickey pretzel and it was good enough

Ok well we are staying at AKL. My plan is to go to AK that morning do some fast passes etc. Then have a table service lunch there. Any recomandations ?

Then after lunch spend a few hours relaxing at AKL before leaving around 4pm ish for magic kingdom and just have snacks and buy a quick service if need be

Or does any one have a better plan for me

Hey

Just need some advice

Thanks

We typically sleep in and have a late breakfast and rest in room for a bit and head to MK around 2pm. We've had APs or tickets available to use. We book 3 FP+. Depending on plans or if attending 1 or 2 parties determines our ADR time, 2:45 @ CP or 4pm @ BOG, and schedule FP+ around those times. Always have DDP.

Only cookies and drinks, few other light options are free. "Heavy" snacks (MVMCP/Holiday Specialty Treats) cost, but most can be purchased using Snack Credits. We stay until after midnight. So really depends on eating habits and what type of snack you expect vs what will be available vs what will fuel you for 8-10 hours. Counter Service restaurants are open until certain times.

Also, not sure what type of snacks you are referring too - free, purchase/snack credits/CS options.

Details are on Page 1, if not what looking for, refer to last year's thread for detail dining, specialty food/treats and snack info. Happy Planning! :santa:

Hey

Just need some advice

Thanks
What I did was make and ADR at Beaches and Cream about 2pm and then had some of the snacks at the party

What I did was make and ADR at Beaches and Cream about 2pm and then had some of the snacks at the party

Will Beaches & Cream refurb be complete? They are scheduled to close on Aug 4, 2019 until December 2019 without a specific reopening date. Just for partygoers to keep in mind, I think Disney is planning to have a kiosk of some sort that will sell ice cream, but as far as a meal, you would have to find an alternative to B&C until it's reopening date is confirmed.

The Frozen Holiday Wish (Elsa lighting up the castle) happened at 6:10 last year. So could guests without party tickets stay to watch it & then leave the park?
I’d like to do that on a day we’re not going to MVMCP so we can skip it on our party night.

Also how many minutes is the parade and how long does it take to reach Main Street by Tony’s?

Thank you!

The Frozen Holiday Wish (Elsa lighting up the castle) happened at 6:10 last year. So could guests without party tickets stay to watch it & then leave the park?
I’d like to do that on a day we’re not going to MVMCP so we can skip it on our party night.
That is what I did last year and it worked well

We typically sleep in and have a late breakfast and rest in room for a bit and head to MK around 2pm. We've had APs or tickets available to use. We book 3 FP+. Depending on plans or if attending 1 or 2 parties determines our ADR time, 2:45 @ CP or 4pm @ BOG, and schedule FP+ around those times. Always have DDP.

Only cookies and drinks, few other light options are free. "Heavy" snacks (MVMCP/Holiday Specialty Treats) cost, but most can be purchased using Snack Credits. We stay until after midnight. So really depends on eating habits and what type of snack you expect vs what will be available vs what will fuel you for 8-10 hours. Counter Service restaurants are open until certain times.

Also, not sure what type of snacks you are referring too - free, purchase/snack credits/CS options.

Details are on Page 1, if not what looking for, refer to last year's thread for detail dining, specialty food/treats and snack info. Happy Planning! :santa:

Am starting to like your idea

Am thinking of booking CP for about 2pm ish. Will it be busy at that time and what’s the food like

Then after lunch we can do some fast passes and then after that enjoy the big Xmas party

That way we can then just relax at the hotel in the morning too

Am starting to like your idea

Am thinking of booking CP for about 2pm ish. Will it be busy at that time and what’s the food like

Then after lunch we can do some fast passes and then after that enjoy the big Xmas party

That way we can then just relax at the hotel in the morning too

It's never been busy for us. Typically seated within 15 minutes. Food is good, nothing to write home about. Salad and fruit. Vegetables. Dessert. Carving station that's pretty good. Being rested is key.

Last year we only attended 1 party, Friday before Thanksgiving. Missed school & left early for vacation just to attend MVMCP. Arrived around 1am, not in bed until after 2am. Brunch @ 11am. Rest but maintenance in working in room next door. UGH! So just headed to MK around 2. BoG wasn't until 4pm. 1st time ever left party early, after fireworks. Had fun (characters, rides, parade, fireworks, treats), had low expectations but with plans, wanted to enjoy remaining 7D @ WDW. So different experience when not rested or well fed.

It's never been busy for us. Typically seated within 15 minutes. Food is good, nothing to write home about. Salad and fruit. Vegetables. Dessert. Carving station that's pretty good. Being rested is key.

Last year we only attended 1 party, Friday before Thanksgiving. Missed school & left early for vacation just to attend MVMCP. Arrived around 1am, not in bed until after 2am. Brunch @ 11am. Rest but maintenance in working in room next door. UGH! So just headed to MK around 2. BoG wasn't until 4pm. 1st time ever left party early, after fireworks. Had fun (characters, rides, parade, fireworks, treats), had low expectations but with plans, wanted to enjoy remaining 7D @ WDW. So different experience when not rested or well fed.

What’s the wait times normally like for the more thrill rides mainly?

That's a great tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter