"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a coincidence. We are going to the same two parties. I have never been to one

You will love it. We went to our first one in 2017 and loved it so much we went ini 2018 also (we plan our annual WDW vacation in November). Also, we are going to the November 12th party and possibly the 14th as well. We should form a club - seems like there's a few of us doing that.

Depends on what you want out of the party. Most vlog/bloggers will be there getting footage of the new shows. So it might be hard to get spots for them but the rides will most likely be short lines due to them all being busy taking footage of the treats and possible characters . Me and my husband are going the 8th and I'm.super excited and who knows maybe I will catch a glimpse of some YouTubers I watch.

We are going the 8th too! Super excited!!

On the first page it says you need a ticket to book dining after 6pm. I've just tried a party day for MNSSHP and it seems you can book up until 7pm for Jungle Skipper Canteen. There's no disclaimer saying you need a ticket, do you think it's changed to an hour later for ADRs or is that wishful thinking?

On the first page it says you need a ticket to book dining after 6pm. I've just tried a party day for MNSSHP and it seems you can book up until 7pm for Jungle Skipper Canteen. There's no disclaimer saying you need a ticket, do you think it's changed to an hour later for ADRs or is that wishful thinking?

I have different times/time range on the MNSSHP for the 3 TS restaurants that are open during the party. Having a party ticket is only required when booking through MNSSHP/MVMCP Dining page. I went to each dining page and all had different times, so posted time range. Then added - Please check the MNSSHP Dining Page for Specific Times of Each Restaurant.

For all other restaurants Post #1 states (MNSSHP) - Yes, you can make your reservations up until ~6pm (Please check the Dining Page of the Restaurant in Question. Times verify depending on the Restaurants.). Please note you will be asked to leave the property as soon as your dining experience is complete. If you have not purchased a MNSSHP ticket, you can purchase a same day ticket IF the party has not sold out.

If you are dining during "party times," then you would make ADR on the MNSSHP or MVMCP Dining pages which is different from regular dining page. If making ADR through MNSSHP Dining or MVMCP Dining, then there's typically a pop up with that disclaimer.

I thought I would ask some opinions about the idea of attending 2 parties- is that ridiculously crazy?? I had arranged our entire trip around making sure we could go to the party for our Christmas week trip, basing it on the idea that it would be the last party on a Friday. When they released the dates, not only did they have that last Friday, but they had Sunday too! Now I have bought the Friday ticket already, but Sunday keeps calling my name, beckoning me to go to it as well. For those of you have been to 2 parties in the same trip before, was it worth it to you? For those of you who booked 2 parties for your upcoming trip,, what was your thought process for that decision?

We have been to the Christmas party once before in 2015, during our first family trip. This is our 2nd time returning at Christmas, both times actually Christmas week so I already know that it is crazy busy this week.

Thanks! :)

I thought I would ask some opinions about the idea of attending 2 parties- is that ridiculously crazy?? I had arranged our entire trip around making sure we could go to the party for our Christmas week trip, basing it on the idea that it would be the last party on a Friday. When they released the dates, not only did they have that last Friday, but they had Sunday too! Now I have bought the Friday ticket already, but Sunday keeps calling my name, beckoning me to go to it as well. For those of you have been to 2 parties in the same trip before, was it worth it to you? For those of you who booked 2 parties for your upcoming trip,, what was your thought process for that decision?

We have been to the Christmas party once before in 2015, during our first family trip. This is our 2nd time returning at Christmas, both times actually Christmas week so I already know that it is crazy busy this week.

I am considering the same. We will be there for 10 days in November. I booked the first Tuesday party. If we really like it, I may try to book the following Thursday if tickets are available.

We booked two parties because this is a bucket list for me and I wanted to do as much as I could. I want to spend a lot of time taking pics so I know I won’t do everything the first night . I say if you want to do it go for it

I have different times/time range on the MNSSHP for the 3 TS restaurants that are open during the party. Having a party ticket is only required when booking through MNSSHP/MVMCP Dining page. I went to each dining page and all had different times, so posted time range. Then added - Please check the MNSSHP Dining Page for Specific Times of Each Restaurant.

For all other restaurants Post #1 states (MNSSHP) - Yes, you can make your reservations up until ~6pm (Please check the Dining Page of the Restaurant in Question. Times verify depending on the Restaurants.). Please note you will be asked to leave the property as soon as your dining experience is complete. If you have not purchased a MNSSHP ticket, you can purchase a same day ticket IF the party has not sold out.

If you are dining during "party times," then you would make ADR on the MNSSHP or MVMCP Dining pages which is different from regular dining page. If making ADR through MNSSHP Dining or MVMCP Dining, then there's typically a pop up with that disclaimer.

Thank you so much. I just want to eat at that restaurant and not take time out of a shorter park day to do so. If the dining page for MNSSHP is different from the regular page, there's no way I can book the wrong thing. Yay!

Never looked at these parties before and happen to be there on a party night..
Do we need regular park admission in top of ?

Ok so I think as dvc members we can arrive at 2?? And just need to buy tickets no additional park admission ? May be do-able
Wasn’t planning a park day this quick trip lol damn you Disney

Not if you only want to attend the party. If you want to be in the park during the day prior, then yes.

We’ve done 2 parties for the last few years and plan to do so this year. We just love it so much. Our first party is all about riding as much as we can, the second party is for rides, second parade and fireworks. Although expensive, it truly allows us to set whatever pace we want and not worry about jamming everything into one evening.

Ok so I think as dvc members we can arrive at 2?? And just need to buy tickets no additional park admission ? May be do-able
Wasn’t planning a park day this quick trip lol damn you Disney
Historically, entrance for partygoers only has been 4 pm. Last year was the first time DVC was allowed in at 2 - no word yet as to whether that will continue this year. But you can count on at least being able to enter at 4 without a day ticket.

Attending two parties is not crazy at all, we always go to two parties when we are over from the UK.
You will have time to enjoy everything & not be rushed.

I prefer 2 parties. Last year was only able to attend 1, Friday before Thanksgiving week. Huge difference for us, but still enjoyed 1 Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter