*****Official April 2020 thread*****

I'm getting so excited! I booked fast passes a couple days ago and was able to get pretty much everything I wanted. Here's our plan.

Traveling: Me and my husband
Dates: April 16-21 - traveling for the Star Wars races (5k/10k) and of course, experiencing Galaxy's Edge
Lodging: Swan, we got a good deal on priceline

Current plan:
Thursday, 4/16 - Plane lands in Orlando around 10am. Lyft to the Swan to check in and then head straight to the expo to pick up our race bibs. After that, we're heading to Disney Springs to eat at Homecoming and to do one of the VR experiences at the Void. We've done the Star Wars one so we'll probably try the Marvel one this time. Some pool time, eat at the hotel, and an early bed time.

Friday, 4/17 - early wake up call for the 5k, race starts at 5:30. Once I'm done with that, get cleaned up and then head to Magic Kingdom. We have fast passes for Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder. We'll probably leave around 5:30 since we have a 7pm dinner at Flying Fish and wanted to get a cocktail at Abracadabar before dinner. Back to the hotel after that for another early night.

Saturday, 4/18 - early wake up call for the 10k race. After we're done, back to the hotel to clean up and then to DHS. We have appointments for the Droid Depot and Oga's in the afternoon. Planning on lunch in Galaxy's Edge too. Our fast passes are for Mickey and Minnie's ride, Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania. We're also planning on the dessert party for the fireworks. I have an Ahsoka Tano dress from Her Universe that I'm looking forward to getting photos in Galaxy's Edge, I'm hoping to buy her light sabers while there.

Sunday, 4/19 - Cheering on the half marathon runners in the morning and then brunch at Trattoria Al Forno. Then we'll walk over to Epcot to explore the World Showcase and some of the Flower and Garden stuff. Fast passes for Frozen Ever After and Spaceship Earth, plus an early am throw away fast pass. No need to wake up early in the morning so we can stay for the fireworks. Maybe we'll try the new BBQ place for dinner. We have R2D2 and C3PO shirts we're planning to wear.

Monday, 4/20 - Another DHS day. We're getting there early to try to get a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance. The rest of the day will be planned around that but we also have fast passes for Slinky Dog, Rock and Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Midway Mania. Hopefully we get a boarding pass early enough that we can leave around 5 or so to go back to the hotel for a rest. We also have tickets for Magic Kingdom After Hours that evening. No specific food plans this day, we'll just see what quick service looks good when we're hungry. We're going to Disney Bound Lilo and Stitch this day.

Tuesday, 4/21 - Animal Kingdom day. We have fast passes for the safari, Flights of Passage and Everest. We'll probably have lunch at Satuli Canteen or the lounge by tiffins. And then we have a flight back home at 8pm. So we'll probably leave to go back to the hotel around 5, pick up our bags and head to the airport.

New things: All the Galaxy's Edge stuff will be new, plus the Slinky Dog ride. The current fireworks show at Epcot will be new for us and we've never done an After Hours even before. Homecoming and Trattoria Al Forno will be new restaurants for us.

Looking forward to: Really looking forward to all the Star Wars stuff, I'm a huge fan!

Shopping I still have to do: I think we've got everything we need!

Traveling- My self and DS (23)...First trip back together since 2009- my husband passed in 2013 and we just havent had opportunity to plan a trip back together
Dates: April 25th- May 1st
Lodging- Sat 25th- All Star Movies ( added a night due to flights) Sun 26th- Friday 5/1 Saratoga Springs

Plans:

Sat- arrive at 8:45 am flight- hop on Magic Express ( 1st time doing that) check in - head to HS - hopefully snag a early afternnon FP for Slinky Dog and then ride RRC, TSM, and may do stand by MF later in evening

Sun- leave ASM head to Saratoga via Lyft- check in and then head to MK- FP BTMM, Splash and Space

Monday- Breakfast at Ohana for 9 then head to Epcot- FP Soarian, Spaceship and do single ride for TT- considering doing DAH for MK that night

Tues- Ak praying I can get FP for FOP, EE then headed to dinner at Beaches and Cream and Epcot till 11pm

Wed- Rope Drop HS try to get BG for RoR, hoping to grab FP for MMRR or Slinky which ever is available the head to MK EEH till 11pm

Thurs- AK again to FP FOP then head to HS to ride what we can

Friday- leaving morning open to try to snag FP for FOP if needed- flight out at 9:10 pm

Looking forward to: Being back "home" with my Son. He hasn't ridden FOP yet so that will be exciting and of course we both get to enjoy the new rides

Love reading all of these!!!

My first SOLO TRIP!
April 1-5, staying at Boardwalk Inn (first time here; usually stay at YC or BC). park hopper

Planning to be more flexible and spontaneous about things, plus I just got my daughter's basic itinerary (she's performing at Festival Disney) and will likely edit some things. I will not be traveling with their group, but will meet up with her in some capacity each day. With travel, I basically have 3 full days.

Current FPP & ADRs:
Thursday-Epcot - Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land in afternoon
Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh (first visit; my family would never want to eat here)
Friday- MK- Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (a fave!), Haunted Mansion...then dinner at Teppan Edo in Epcot
Saturday- (morning- watch FD performance at Contemporary) then afternoon at HS- Toy Story Mania and ToT...
early dinner at San Angel Inn in Epcot

Looking forward to: a tour of some sort; dining at a couple places that I would never book for my family; maybe rope dropping HS for SDD (a fave!) or ROTR; and lots of people watching on my own time!

April 19-25.
Party of 3..me and DH and DD 11. We'll be celebrating our 13th anniversary while there. Staying at YC for the first time. So excited! Last we were there was 2017 at the Poly. We said next time we go we would stay at YC so we could walk to epcot which is our fave. Sad that its going to be all torn up though but happy that spaceship earth is still hopefully open then! My dd favorite ride..lol. We loved F&G too last time.

ADRS- First time for these..Ale and Compass, Scifi, B&C, Yachtsman , Flying Fish, san angel inn, tusker.
Repeats are Garden Grill, Akershus, Cinderellas royal table, yak, bog.
Got all the FP dd wanted. We're not big riders we just enjoy walking around and shopping and eating mostly lol.
Anyway FP are for FEA, SDD, ***,MMRR, SE, TSM, NAVI, Safari, soarin.
Hoping to just scope out SW land.. not interested in riding anything there. Love SW but not that crazy that I have to ride anything.
We have lots of princess things scheduled though! BBB and all the meals and meets.
FEA dessert party on our anniversary and doing EMM at MK one day. We did that before and loved it. Surprisingly as big a princess fan my dd is she preferred epcot. Too crowded at MK I think for her liking.
Can't wait for our trip and some warm weather and hopefully no early lovebug invasion😁
Shopping- pretty much done but DH and DD need shoes still. I have sunscreen, bug spray, protien bars and snacks ( for me for trip down.. driving and I have celiac disease so food options are small) . Have to restock band aids, tissues, hand sanitizers in the backpack. Probably take water too. And our own handsoap for the bathroom. I hate bars..lol.
Whew..I'm tired just thinking about it all!
Can't walt to read some more plans on here!

43 days till Disney's Vero Beach resort for 3 days then 6 days at Beach Club, Club Level.
4/3 check in at Vero Beach. Nothing planned as we will arrive after 6 pm.
4/4-4/5 Beach both days! No ADR's, just gonna wing it.
4/6 check in at Beach Club . Lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream then HS with FP+ for SDD, TSMM and RnR then 9:00 ADR at California Grill so we can watch the firesorks at MK.
4/7 MK with FP+ for JC, Splash, BTMR then a ADR at Diamond Horseshoe then FP+ HM, 7DMT and Space. We SB for Goofy, Dumbo and Buzz plus try to refresh for anything else.
4/8 AK with FP+ for Dinosaur, Bug and Everest then lunch at Yak and Yeti. Then FP+ for river rapids, safari and lion king. Back to resort for Cape May dinner.
4/9 EP with PPO ADR at Akershus the FEA. FP+ for Soarin', Figment, Nemo, SSE, TT and Mission Space. Then back to resort for pool time then dinner somewhere.
4/10 HS. Rope drop for ROTR and SM then FP+ for ST and TSMM. ADR at Brown Derby then FP+ for MMRR, Indy, RnR and ToT. Then Garden Rocks dinner at Rose and Crown before Flock of Seagulls (so excited!)
4/11 AK FP+ for FOP, Lion King and the Animation Experience. back to resort for pool time before dinner at Trattoria al Forno.
4/12 Club lounge breakfast, head home.

I see Trattoria al Forno on a bunch of plans. Anyone tried it? I am planning Il Mulino at the Swan but always looking for decent Italian. From the NE and good Italian is hard to come by in SC!

Just grabbed a California Grill reservation and dropped a 8PM 'Ohana for April 16 if anyone is interested....

Oh my goodness, I just love reading these itineraries! :) Here's ours!

April 15-24th: Husband, best friend and his boyfriend. Big Star Wars fans, so we will be spending more time in HS than average. All TS meals are ADRs.

15th: land in ORL at 5, taking DME to Pop Century. Dinner reservation at Homecomin'.

16th: Magic Kingdom day! - Lunch reservation at BOG, dinner at Skipper's Canteen. FP for Space Mountain, Peter Pan, and Seven Dwarves.

17th: Hollywood Studios day(ish) - Savi's Workshop and Astromech Units reservations, FP for RNRC, TOT, and MMRR. No lunch plans yet, but our group is splitting up for dinner: husband and I are doing Le Cellier, friends are doing Spice Road Table. Ending the evening at Oga's Cantina.

18th: Animal Kingdom day - FP for Everest, FOP, and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Lunch at Satuli, dinner at Yaki and Yeti.

19th: Break day - spending some time at Disney Springs and hotel hopping. Lunch reservation at Morimoto Asia, Dinner at the Edison.

20th: Universal day

21st: Epcot day - FP for Soarin, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. Dinner at 8:30 at La Hacienda, hoping for a window table to see Epcot Forever.

22nd: Hollywood Studios day(ish): FP for Smugglers Run, Toy Story Mania, and Star Tours. Dinner at Ohana.

23rd: Magic Kingdom - FP for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates. 8:30 dinner at California Grill, enjoy the fireworks to end the trip.

Made FP+ this morning, 7 day trip.
DHS-60+3=ToT,RNR,MMRR, all late morning to early afternoon.
AK - 60+4, EE,KS,FOP all b4 1:30PM
DHS- 60+5- SDD,As2, TSM, all late morning to early afternoon
MK- 60+1- BTMR, PP, Splash- late morning to lunch time. SDMT was only available after 6PM
MK- 60+6 -SDMT, Space late morning.
EP- 60+ 2 - FEA, will rope drop Soarin and TT and then head to Disney Springs.

we are going to try Smugglers Run in the evening on one of our DHS days.
took 50 minutes to do it all. Was pleased to get SDD,FOP,MMRR so easily and earlier in the day.

Staying at the Swan, executive suite, April 13-18. Purchased CL FP's. All FP's between 10-4

April 13: Check-in, searching for a 'Ohana reservation
April 14: HS day- Il Mulino dinner
April 16: Epcot- Cafe Marrakesh
April 17: MK- California Grill
April 18: AK- Jiko

Okay fellow Aprilers, help a girl out! We’re going the week after Easter, since that’s when we’re off. We go this week every year, so we know exactly what to expect. For Easter Sunday, my planning rule has always been to avoid the MK and just use fastpasses and take it easy at other parks (we always do hoppers). I just checked the public access version of the crowd calendar on TP, and they have that day overall as a 5 (which I’m side eyeing very skeptically), and they have the MK as the lowest crowd level with a 4! Now I’m second guessing myself, even though MK on Easter still sounds like a terrible idea to me in theory. Am I missing something? What do they know that I don’t know? 😂

Okay fellow Aprilers, help a girl out! We’re going the week after Easter, since that’s when we’re off. We go this week every year, so we know exactly what to expect. For Easter Sunday, my planning rule has always been to avoid the MK and just use fastpasses and take it easy at other parks (we always do hoppers). I just checked the public access version of the crowd calendar on TP, and they have that day overall as a 5 (which I’m side eyeing very skeptically), and they have the MK as the lowest crowd level with a 4! Now I’m second guessing myself, even though MK on Easter still sounds like a terrible idea to me in theory. Am I missing something? What do they know that I don’t know? 😂

I am going the same week but don’t get there until Monday. The crowd calendar doesn’t make any sense to me either (why is MK a 8 on Tues, for example). They do have data to back up their choices for what it’s worth. If you have your own personal experience I would just go with your gut.

In my experience, as a TP member, they will likely start bumping those crowd level estimates. I always get email updates as we move into the few weeks prior to our trips. We always go at crowded times (Easter and Thanksgiving last year) and I don't always plan based solely on crowd estimates. There are also usually some added hours as we get closer to these busy times. Agree with above...go with your gut especially since you know the time of year.

I am going the same week but don’t get there until Monday. The crowd calendar doesn’t make any sense to me either (why is MK a 8 on Tues, for example). They do have data to back up their choices for what it’s worth. If you have your own personal experience I would just go with your gut.
My hope is that queue lengths will be low due to all-hands-on-deck and lots of non-ride entertainment pulling people out of the attraction lines. More than likely, my hope is vain like a wicked stepmother, and I'll need to be air-lifted out of the park from a crowd-induced nervous breakdown. With any luck, it'll happen late enough if the day for me to watch the fireworks from the air ambulance. (I decided to trust TP, not because I trust them, but because everything's going to be bad so I might as well trust. It's optimistic in the most cynical way possible.)

Here's our plan:
Who: DM, DW, DS9 and DS4
Sleeping: Probably not, between jet lag from England, RDs, and RotR BGs. But if we manage it, it'll be at Pop Century.
When: 8 April through 14 April, and hanging around various airports and getting "that look" from immigration when I hand them seven passports for four people on the 15th and 16th.
Parks:
MK
- 2 days, one full, the other being Easter and leaving in the afternoon. We have a reservation at T-REX in DS that night, but I just found out that's a sucker's game, so I ordered a Landry's card and sent it to my mother in the States, and she's flying out to spend the afternoon with us and put the card to good use. We're also hitting up Pecos Bill at some point, because they have nachos. They have nachos in England, too, but sometimes their salsa comes in a bottle labelled Heinz 57.

Between the two days, we've got FP+ for 7DMT, BMTRR, SM, other SM ... No, that's confusing. SpMtn, other SpMtn ... Better. PPF, and JC. Not in that order. The first one is a lot of attractions, the second has a lot of spontaneity scheduled, like PA:TotSS and SotMK, trying to get cast members to congratulate us and confide that it's THEIR unbirthday, as well, and a game I like to call Fish the Four-Year-Old Out of the Pond. It isn't what you think.

Epcot - A late arrival day, and one full day. On the arrival day, we've got a FP+ for Test Track, and I don't think we'll get to anything else. If we're still awake after that, we might watch fireworks, and hope the crowd carries us with it to the Skyliner afterwards, but I doubt it. For the full day, we've got FP+ for Soarin', M:S, and SE ... because we had three FP+ and figured we should use them. Most of the rest of the day is likely to be split down the middle for waiting to see Elsa (the kids haven't mentioned anything about Anna, I hope she's not easily offended) and WS.

I'm not sure what I'll be eating, because I won't remember it anyway. The direction we're going around WS has tequila right at the first pavilion, which seems like a heavenly design flaw to me.

HS - 1 and a half days here, desperately doubling our chances to get a BG for RotR. We can't actually RD anything on the full day, because one of our two children wants to kick some Sith behind, and the other is likely to ask if the Sith are accepting applications and if the cool masks are part of the deal. So our day will start with some administrative paper work. We've got Sci-Fi Dine-In scheduled at the exact same time as our MFSR FP+, so we're going to have to rush the meal. I hope hyperspace doesn't make me queasy, because that could be uncomfortable for the next pilot.

Our other FP+ grabs are MMRR, AS2, ToT (DS4 mistakenly thinks he wants to go on this one, if I don't talk him out of it he definitely won't be going on HM when we're in MK), TSM, and either ST or TSM again, I can't remember.

AK - 1 day, but it could easily have been more. It's a very, very full day on the plan, with very little pre-planned spontaneity. We have FP+ for FoP, KS, and KRR. We're not eating, as there's simply no time. (We've got a small gap around Harambe Market at some point, so maybe we'll be okay.)

Water park: - Not sure which one. Both children are adamant that we'll be going to a water park, though, so that'll take the other half of our HS half day. The good news for me is that they pay people to fish the four-year-old out there.

If I missed anything, we'll just have to see if a publisher picks me up for a second book so that I can write a sequel to this one.

I'm not sure if I have posted here but my DH and I are doing an adults only trip April 23-26. We are at Gran Destino. We are probably driving in because we are in Atlanta. We flew on our last two adult only trips and with delays the first trip took us longer than driving would have and the second trip was very costly. Anyway, here are our plans:
Thurs 4/23 Arrival, DS (dinner at Morimoto Asia)
Fri 4/24 Four park challenge (HS, AK, Epcot, then VAH for MK)
Sat 4/25 Epcot for F&G (late dinner at Toledo)
Sun 4/26 Home

So excited F&G menus were released!

We've got Sci-Fi Dine-In scheduled at the exact same time as our MFSR FP+, so we're going to have to rush the meal. I hope hyperspace doesn't make me queasy, because that could be uncomfortable for the next pilot.

Just a warning that we had to wait like 45 minutes with an ADR at Sci-Fi. I've heard this isn't uncommon for them.

Is it true that all those delicious foods from the flower and garden booths count as snack credits?

Just a warning that we had to wait like 45 minutes with an ADR at Sci-Fi. I've heard this isn't uncommon for them.
Yeah, it's a concern, so we're going to have to use every second of our grace period before checking in early for the ADR, and hope they'll give us a few minutes grace at the end of our FP+ window, too. But there isn't any point stressing over it now. It's just one of those things that happens when you have to pick ADRs 180 days out, you have to pick FP+ 60 days out, and both are impossible to move if they clash. (There were initially no Tier 1 FP+ for HS when we picked at 60+1, so we were lucky to get MFSR at all after two extra weeks of checking.) I've set up an alert at TP if anything else for Sci-Fi comes available. Fingers crossed for movement the day before. Undue worry would defeat the point of planning this early, though.

Is it true that all those delicious foods from the flower and garden booths count as snack credits?
Many, but not all, are definitely snack credits. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter