*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Booked all but 1 ADR... I found the app on my phone worked much quicker then my laptop. We have not done Table Services in a few years...so very excited! Hourray for free dining Bounceback!

I chose our restaurants based on experience and uniqueness more then food... let me know if I am missing something :). My DD6 and DD8 love characters ! Still not 100% sure about all my choices yet.

August 1 - BOG (breakfast) Chef Mickey (dinner)
August 2 - Akershus (dinner)
August 3 - Tusker House (lunch)
August 4 - BOG (lunch) Storybook Dining (dinner)
August 5 - Coral Reef (dinner)
August 6 - Crystal Palace (brunch)
August 7 - SciFi (lunch)
August 8 - Topolino (breakfast)
August 9 - Tony's Parade Package (lunch)
August 10 - Biergarden (dinner)
August 11 - 'Ohana (dinner)* still debating about breakfast... girls love Stitch, but I love the feel and food at dinner...
August 12 - Garden Grill (lunch)
August 13 - BOG (lunch) Skipper's Canteen (dinner)* got a 5:55 reservation on a MNSSHP night. Hoping to see some costumes on our way out.
August 14 - Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner...window opens tomorrow)

I am hoping to add Space 220 and the Toy Story BBQ if possible. Fingers crossed! :D

It’s driving me crazy that my ADRs are available in just 10 days but MNNSHP hasn’t yet been announced and that I’ll probably have to wait forever for DAH MK to be released for August. I wish they would announce all events at least 6 months in advance for this very reason. Ah well, I’m still thrilled that my dining window is about to open and I’ll be able to see REAL plans in MDE besides resort!!

Want to play a guessing game? So...in May after hours at MK is on Mondays, at AK it's on Saturdays at the beginning of the month, but Tuesdays at the end of the month. Villains is on Fridays until June 26, and then a few Mondays pop up..but Mondays near July 4th, so maybe it's just dealing with the holiday. Villains ended Aug 8th last year, before MNSSHP started on Aug 16 (I went to both of these parties) and I'm pretty sure Villains after hours hasn't been offered during Christmas party season either.

MNSSHP parties are usually on Tuesday and Fridays in August and it seems like other than that random Thursday Aug 13, it will stay that way. Last year AK after hours parties were not on the same day as MNSSHP, and of course Villains and after hours can't be held on those does either.

Personally, I think AK after hours is really very likely to be offered in August. It's been offered pretty steadily for a while...but what day of the week?
I think Villains will not be held concurrently with MNSSHP. I think MK after hours 1 time per week is a possibility.

But I'm just stumped on what days of the week other than not Tuesday or Friday in mid August. I feel like Monday is a good bet for one of them...but it's just a guess. It's so difficult to pick meals. Most of the meals I know I'll be able to adjust, but 'ohana dinner, and the Snow White character meal .. these are not so easy to adjust later on.

Our meals - 14 day trip - my ADR day is Monday
Trex
ohana dinner - 2x beginning and end of trip
Snow White character meal
1900 Park Fare dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Liberty Tree 2x - beginning and end of trip
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package
Tony's parade package
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package(new to us ... I hate eating at DHS -- the table service, counter service and snacks...I have such a terrible time eating there)
Yak & Yeti
Rain Forest
Garden Grill breakfast
BOG
Oga's Cantina

If the new Epcot restaurant Space opens and we like the menu and it's on the dining plan, I'll add that. Same with Woody Restaurant. Depending on party schedule I may have to drop something and pick up a meal a Epcot or a breakfast on our departure day.

Booked all but 1 ADR... I found the app on my phone worked much quicker then my laptop. We have not done Table Services in a few years...so very excited! Hourray for free dining Bounceback!

I chose our restaurants based on experience and uniqueness more then food... let me know if I am missing something :). My DD6 and DD8 love characters ! Still not 100% sure about all my choices yet.

August 1 - BOG (breakfast) Chef Mickey (dinner)
August 2 - Akershus (dinner)
August 3 - Tusker House (lunch)
August 4 - BOG (lunch) Storybook Dining (dinner)
August 5 - Coral Reef (dinner)
August 6 - Crystal Palace (brunch)
August 7 - SciFi (lunch)
August 8 - Topolino (breakfast)
August 9 - Tony's Parade Package (lunch)
August 10 - Biergarden (dinner)
August 11 - 'Ohana (dinner)* still debating about breakfast... girls love Stitch, but I love the feel and food at dinner...
August 12 - Garden Grill (lunch)
August 13 - BOG (lunch) Skipper's Canteen (dinner)* got a 5:55 reservation on a MNSSHP night. Hoping to see some costumes on our way out.
August 14 - Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner...window opens tomorrow)

I am hoping to add Space 220 and the Toy Story BBQ if possible. Fingers crossed! :D

I will be interested in hearing how you liked the meals. I've never done BOG for breakfast. We had lunch there once shortly after it opened, and weren't all that impressed with it.

We've done Chef Mickey's quite a few times for breakfast, never for dinner. Never done Akershus.

We quite enjoy Tusker House. Coral Reef we enjoy, certainly better than most reviews make it sound. Crystal Palace is one of our favorites, though we usually do breakfast there. Sci-Fi we enjoy. Tony's . . . eh. Biergarten yum :) Love dinner at 'Ohana.

I know you don't have quick service listed here, and everyone's taste is different, but we really enjoy D-Luxe burger, and more so, The Polite Pig in Disney Springs. In my opinion, they may well be two of the best quick service options in all of Disney World.

What a day yesterday. I was soooooo unhappy with my ADRs, couldn't make things work. Then, through a variety of weird circumstances, I was able to add an extra day, and suddenly all the plans not only fell into place, but I'm actually saving about $150. :tink:

Please update our roll call to Aug 1 - Aug 7, CSR!!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Last edited:
What a day yesterday. I was soooooo unhappy with my ADRs, couldn't make things work. Then, through a variety of weird circumstances, I was able to add an extra day, and suddenly all the plans not only fell into place, but I'm actually saving about $150. :tink:

What ADRs were hard to get?

Roll Call Updated!

Happy to join this thread! We're at Pop 26-30 Aug, then offsite until 05 Sep. We have already purchased eight day hoppers (thanks, Canadian discount!) so we can be flexible with our days. We're also planning three days at Universal.

As an over planner, not yet knowing the hours/dates for the special events is driving me crazy!

I will be interested in hearing how you liked the meals. I've never done BOG for breakfast. We had lunch there once shortly after it opened, and weren't all that impressed with it.

We've done Chef Mickey's quite a few times for breakfast, never for dinner. Never done Akershus.

We quite enjoy Tusker House. Coral Reef we enjoy, certainly better than most reviews make it sound. Crystal Palace is one of our favorites, though we usually do breakfast there. Sci-Fi we enjoy. Tony's . . . eh. Biergarten yum :) Love dinner at 'Ohana.

I know you don't have quick service listed here, and everyone's taste is different, but we really enjoy D-Luxe burger, and more so, The Polite Pig in Disney Springs. In my opinion, they may well be two of the best quick service options in all of Disney World.

Thank you for the feedback. The menu at D-luxe and the Polite Pig look great. :) I will add them to my list!

Thanks for the advice on Tony's. I was interested in getting a good spot for the parade... but I dunno. I have now booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but am curious about Liberty Tree Tavern. Might be nice to not leave the park and have food brought to us. Decisions, decisions !

As an over planner, not yet knowing the hours/dates for the special events is driving me crazy!

I completely understand! I really wish the ADR window would be much closer to the trip... when all special events and hours would be confirmed. I have way too much time to change my mind 100× before August! Best of luck!

What ADRs were hard to get?

There was no availability for Cinderella's Royal Table between 445-800pm this morning @7EST at 180 days + 10! I am happy with the 435pm I managed to get... but wow do they go fast!

Same! I just really hope they won’t require boarding groups for these rides because then it will be a chaotic thing where I want to be at HS first to get a BG for ROTR and/or MMRR, I want to be at Epcot first to get a BG for Ratatouille, I want to be at AK first to RD FOP (because even though no BGs are required, the waits are insane and FPs are hard to get), and I want to be at MK first on my first day because of nostalgia...

Yay! Our wish came true for MMRR!

Now crossing my fingers for ROTR and Ratatouille fastpasses to come out too!!!

There was no availability for Cinderella's Royal Table between 445-800pm this morning @7EST at 180 days + 10! I am happy with the 435pm I managed to get... but wow do they go fast!

Wow! At +10 that is surprising. Is it an early close on that date?

Wow! At +10 that is surprising. Is it an early close on that date?

You figured it out! That is what it is I think, at least according to WDWprep's calendar and Kenny the Pirate. Early 6pm close because it’s a Friday likely for Halloween party. Smarty pants! 😝

Last edited:
Want to play a guessing game? So...in May after hours at MK is on Mondays, at AK it's on Saturdays at the beginning of the month, but Tuesdays at the end of the month. Villains is on Fridays until June 26, and then a few Mondays pop up..but Mondays near July 4th, so maybe it's just dealing with the holiday. Villains ended Aug 8th last year, before MNSSHP started on Aug 16 (I went to both of these parties) and I'm pretty sure Villains after hours hasn't been offered during Christmas party season either.

MNSSHP parties are usually on Tuesday and Fridays in August and it seems like other than that random Thursday Aug 13, it will stay that way. Last year AK after hours parties were not on the same day as MNSSHP, and of course Villains and after hours can't be held on those does either.

Personally, I think AK after hours is really very likely to be offered in August. It's been offered pretty steadily for a while...but what day of the week?
I think Villains will not be held concurrently with MNSSHP. I think MK after hours 1 time per week is a possibility.

But I'm just stumped on what days of the week other than not Tuesday or Friday in mid August. I feel like Monday is a good bet for one of them...but it's just a guess. It's so difficult to pick meals.

I personally am really hoping for Monday 8/17 for Mk AH. It makes me happy to think I’m not the only one who thinks that Monday may be a possibility!

Thank you for the feedback. The menu at D-luxe and the Polite Pig look great. :) I will add them to my list!

Thanks for the advice on Tony's. I was interested in getting a good spot for the parade... but I dunno. I have now booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but am curious about Liberty Tree Tavern. Might be nice to not leave the park and have food brought to us. Decisions, decisions !
If you've never done Tony's, don't skip it just based on my opinion. It isn't awful, it just doesn't seem as good as I would expect given it's location and price.

The restaurant is beautiful, service has always been good, just not terribly impressed with the food. Again, not that it was awful, just that it seemed more like something you would get out of the frozen foods section of Wal Mart.

Liberty Tree I enjoy. It it essentially lunch meat cut thick, and served warm with gravy, but you get a full Thanksgiving meal, and everything is pretty good. We generally visit Liberty Tree Tavern at least once every time we are in Disney World.

I usually watch the parade from either Liberty Square area, or Frontier Land, as it is usually pretty easy to get a decent spot not super long before the parade starts, so either lunch a bit on the late side, or supper after the parade at LTT works out pretty well for us.

Here's my planned ADR list - sort of a random order, I've been trying to get them into the order I need to try to get them although I'm pretty sure it's still not right. Obviously ADRs aren't open yet for Space, so although it's top of the list I won't be getting that one when my window opens, most likely. And we just upgraded our tickets to hopper+ so I'll likely try for that multiple days once it opens up. I tried not to tie us down to a lot of dinners - more lunches to get out of the heats, and a couple of breakfasts (Trattorita was a favourite from our trip in 2017, it was the only request my daughter had for a repeat other than Hoop-De-Doo!). We didn't do the castle last time, so we're doing it for the experience.

Space 220 dinnerAug 16
CRT lunchAug 19
SciFi lunchAug 23
Oga'sAug 17 or 23
Trattoria breakfastAug 18
Homecoming or Raglan Road?Aug 20
Garden Grill breakfastAug 16
Beaches and CreamAug 18
Hoop-de-do 4:00Aug 21

FP+ question --

Is FOP a safe bet for Day 4 for my trip? I'm staying on site, and let's assume I'll be on-line on time and try for this FP first.

Right now, I'm planning AK on days 4 and 13 DHS on days 5, 8, 10

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter