• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2020 thread ***

FP+ question --

Is FOP a safe bet for Day 4 for my trip? I'm staying on site, and let's assume I'll be on-line on time and try for this FP first.

Right now, I'm planning AK on days 4 and 13 DHS on days 5, 8, 10

Thanks!
Probably? Someone posted the other day that they got 2:05 PM for FOP at 60 days so I bet at 64 you’ll be fine!

I feel bad bc I haven't made any ADRs for anything yet but only bc we can't since we're not on site

From what I understand, you can book ADRs at 180 days when offsite. When onsite, you can book at 180 days from day 1, then for length of stay up to 10 days.

I feel bad bc I haven't made any ADRs for anything yet but only bc we can't since we're not on site
For Offsite guests, you can make each days ADR 180 days from that day, you just can't make a whole weeks worth of ADR's 180 days from your first day in the parks.

FP+ question --

Is FOP a safe bet for Day 4 for my trip? I'm staying on site, and let's assume I'll be on-line on time and try for this FP first.

Right now, I'm planning AK on days 4 and 13 DHS on days 5, 8, 10

Thanks!
Probably a pretty good bet, though I would try that one first and then go back to book days 1, 2, and 3.

For what it is worth, my son and I got several sets of FOP for the two of us day of, in the park last August.

Anyone want to share their ADR plan / wishlist?
PORS with Free Dining bounceback (upgraded to regular dining plan), then two nights at Boardwalk Inn
August 11th supper Storybook Dining (new to us)
August 12th supper Rainforest Cafe (will use our Landry card and pay OOP)
August 13th supper at Crystal Palace (my favourite)
August 14th breakfast 'Ohana
August 15th quick service meals only
August 16th supper Chef Mickey's (youngest DD request)
August 17th supper Trails End (oldest DD request)
August 18th breakfast Akershus (this is my dad's favourite :-))
August 18th supper Le Cellier
*move to BWI, no more dining plan
August 19th lunch ESPN
August 20th breakfast Cape May Cafe
***we are also planning on booking a dessert party, but undecided on which one.
***we are also planning to book a Hallowe'en party

we just made our plan today since ADRs are coming up!
8/23 Yak and Yeti dinner
8/24 ogas cantina in the afternoon for drinks, 50s prime time cafe for dinner
8/25 skipper canteen for dinner (we are hoping to be at the Halloween party this night)
8/26 space 220 dinner (hoping they’re taking ADRs for this even though it’s not open!)
8/27 CRT breakfast
8/28 Ohana breakfast before we start the long drive back

I also need to book BBB and droid depot as well as (hopefully) Halloween party!

Anyone know what will be at MK on August 13th? It is closing at 6:00pm. Is it a MNSSHP? After Hours ticket? Villains? I'm not following these boards as closely as I usually do and am wondering if I've missed something? TIA

Anyone know what will be at MK on August 13th? It is closing at 6:00pm. Is it a MNSSHP? After Hours ticket? Villains? I'm not following these boards as closely as I usually do and am wondering if I've missed something? TIA
I bet its the first MNSSHP. its only 3 days earlier than last years 1st.

We don’t know yet, but there’s been speculation it’s a private party.

I hope it's not this - fingers crossed that it's an extra ticketed event.

I bet its the first MNSSHP. its only 3 days earlier than last years 1st.

This was my first thought (we went to first party last year), but it's a Thursday (and it doesn't look like parties are on Thursdays)? But this is really close to last year's opening party date.

I'd LOVE to try an after hours event at the MK, so that's what I'm hoping for.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Has anyone gone to a park in the morning of a party day? Are the crowds lower than usual? Just curious whether they should be avoided or perhaps try it for a few hours and then hop to another park?

I was able to book a 5:55pm Skipper's Canteen on August 13th. I assumed it was a party night... will be following to confirm!

After Hours starts after a regular park closing time. So I think it’s either a party or a private event.

Uggh..I've been trying to book ADR since 6am, 25 minutes now. I keep getting "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. "

I've tried my phone and laptop, logged in and out, and tried my husband's account. So frustrating I don't want to have to call

Uggh..I've been trying to book ADR since 6am, 25 minutes now. I keep getting "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. "

I've tried my phone and laptop, logged in and out, and tried my husband's account. So frustrating I don't want to have to call
Is this on the app?

Once in a while a time pops up, I click it and get sorry for the pAWS. I don't think it's down in general because my time choices are getting worse

Once in a while a time pops up, I click it and get sorry for the pAWS. I don't think it's down in general because my time choices are getting worse
I’m sorry. That’s so frustrating.
Hope you get everything you want.
Good luck!

I could cry. I called at exactly 7am, first it said 20 minutes, now 30 minutes.

And now, the ADR I want is no longer available.

ETA: On hold for 1 hour -- I finally hung up. App starting working, but I've been at this for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I'm not done yet

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter