*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Just booked our trip!! Split stay: August 15-18 at Copper Creek and August 18-23 at Saratoga Springs (for now). I always end up playing around with our hotel. We’re waitlisted for animal kingdom lodge.
My son did not want to go in summer again but I promised to rent a car and take him to McDonald’s this time. That was enough for him to agree. 😂😂

FYI everyone: I read in another post that for 15 Aug, MK is closing early because of a private event.

Just booked our trip!! Split stay: August 15-18 at Copper Creek and August 18-23 at Saratoga Springs (for now). I always end up playing around with our hotel. We’re waitlisted for animal kingdom lodge.
My son did not want to go in summer again but I promised to rent a car and take him to McDonald’s this time. That was enough for him to agree. 😂😂

lol, son is pretty easy to please. We have always had a car, and have done quite a bit of offsite stuff over the years. Lots of gift shops to explore, the Character Warehouse outlet, tons of restaurants. Rental cars open up so many possibilities.

FYI everyone: I read in another post that for 15 Aug, MK is closing early because of a private event.

I thought it was August 13th that was in question, which is a Thursday night, not August 15th, which is a Saturday.

lol, son is pretty easy to please. We have always had a car, and have done quite a bit of offsite stuff over the years. Lots of gift shops to explore, the Character Warehouse outlet, tons of restaurants. Rental cars open up so many possibilities.

I thought it was August 13th that was in question, which is a Thursday night, not August 15th, which is a Saturday.

13 Aug is thought to be the first Halloween party
15 Aug is rumoured to be a private event

Both currently show a 6pm close at MK.

August here we come! Room (CBR), airline tickets, and now park tickets are booked Aug 15-22.
This is our first summer trip and we are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. We are used to November where some days I don't even sweat. Actually, I am more concerned about summer storms and squishy sneakers. I can't walk around in sandals so I guess I need to pack everyone 2 sets of sneakers.

Well I had to buy our tickets wayyyy earlier than planned today due to the price increase. Anyone else doing the same?
Yes, bought our tickets today. Save $400 on 7-day base ticket for 3 adults & 2 kids from a reseller vs. Disney. My inlaws saved $150 on 6-day base tickets. I didn't want to buy them now but I would have been so annoyed to pay the 2020 rates.

August here we come! Room (CBR), airline tickets, and now park tickets are booked Aug 15-22.
This is our first summer trip and we are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. We are used to November where some days I don't even sweat. Actually, I am more concerned about summer storms and squishy sneakers. I can't walk around in sandals so I guess I need to pack everyone 2 sets of sneakers.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

Booked my dining this morning. Site was glitchy until 6:30am. Frustrating start, but then it was suddenly working and we got all of our ADR's within 5 minutes of the times we wanted:thumbsup2 Good luck to those of you booking. We got Storybook Dining which is new to us, so excited to try it.

After my last trip (August 2018) I said we'd never go back in August again... my son had heat exhaustion and we lost a day of our trip. Well... we're going back this August. LOL! Though most of the trip is in September. ;) We're arriving very late on 8/29 and will be in the parks 8/30 to 9/4.

Staying off property this trip (Sheraton Vistana Resort, which we also stayed at in May of 2015) and planning a more "relaxed" style of travel. We're going to get the 4 Day Magic with Water and Sports ticket. One day in each theme park and one day at Typhoon Lagoon. Plus we'll go to the Halloween party one night.

Hello guys! We are going to Disney August 17-22 and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We have only ever been in June, but my daughter is applying to summer internships this year. Since we will not know the decisions until late March, we do not want to plan a June trip that would prevent her from going.

Hello guys! We are going to Disney August 17-22 and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We have only ever been in June, but my daughter is applying to summer internships this year. Since we will not know the decisions until late March, we do not want to plan a June trip that would prevent her from going.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

ADR day for me is this Tuesday. I'm still stressing a bit over what parks days when. We only have 4 park days. Monday the 17th-Thursday the 20th.
HS will be Monday because riding Rise of the Resistance is a huge must. We're not planning to pay for park hoppers, but if the ride doesn't get more reliable, we may have to.
MK closes at 6PM on Tuesday, so I'm planning Epcot which has EMH and is open 9am-11pm.
Wed would be Magic Kingdom. Again, EMH are scheduled in the evening.
Thursday we would go back to the park that is calling to us the loudest. Thinking it might be back to HS to Star Wars, but maybe we'll be able to do it all on Monday and will go back to a different park??
Anyway, here's the question, I know some touring plans say avoid the parks with EMH. The plan above makes the most sense to me, but do you think the Tuesday at Epcot and the Wed at MK will be too crowded and crazy?? All opinions welcome.

ADR day for me is this Tuesday. I'm still stressing a bit over what parks days when. We only have 4 park days. Monday the 17th-Thursday the 20th.
HS will be Monday because riding Rise of the Resistance is a huge must. We're not planning to pay for park hoppers, but if the ride doesn't get more reliable, we may have to.
MK closes at 6PM on Tuesday, so I'm planning Epcot which has EMH and is open 9am-11pm.
Wed would be Magic Kingdom. Again, EMH are scheduled in the evening.
Thursday we would go back to the park that is calling to us the loudest. Thinking it might be back to HS to Star Wars, but maybe we'll be able to do it all on Monday and will go back to a different park??
Anyway, here's the question, I know some touring plans say avoid the parks with EMH. The plan above makes the most sense to me, but do you think the Tuesday at Epcot and the Wed at MK will be too crowded and crazy?? All opinions welcome.

My experience has been that crowd levels are less important than touring style, and having a plan of sorts. If you get to the park early, and hit a couple of the headliner rides in that first hour, then make good use of your 3 FP+ selections, and use the refresh method to score yourself 4th, 5th etc FP in the afternoon, you will get a LOT done, even if it is a busy, crowded day. Add those 2 extra evening hours on top of that, when crowds typically thin out a bit, and you can get some more stuff done, and I think you will be fine.

Back when we stayed on site (the first 8 trips to Disney World) we always took advantage of the EMH parks, and always the evening EMH, because there is just something a little more magical about the parks after dark!

I booked my ADRs a few days ago. We only eat a few sit-down meals a trip. Right now we are booked until Aug 14th, but are looking to extend our stay through the 16th. If we do that, I’ll probably add one more ADR after the 10th at either Trail’s End, Via Napoli, or Homecomin’. So far we have:

Aug 4 - Oga’s Cantina
Aug 5 - Garden Grill breakfast (PPO)
Aug 8 - Beaches and Cream dinner
Aug 10 - ‘Ohana dinner (my 40th birthday!)

Currently in the process of booking all my ADR for our trip 10th to 31st August...

My son (7) and myself went through all the places we ate at in 2017 and decided on ones we wanted to visit again and where new we'd like to try and take my parents with us :)

We're on the standard dining plan.

10 Aug - QS Meal to be decided
11 Aug - Whispering Canyon
12 Aug - Hollywood and Vine Diner with Fantasmic
13 Aug - Le Cellier
14 Aug - Boma
15 Aug - Akershus
16 Aug - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
17 Aug - The Crystal Palace
18 Aug - Coral Reef
19 Aug - Over at Universal Studios
20 Aug - Over at Universal Studios but have Ohana booked
21 Aug - Chef Mickeys
22 Aug - Tony's Town Square with Festival of Fantasy Parade
23 Aug - Yak & Yeti (But plan on cancelling with Space 220 ADR open)
24 Aug - 50s Prime Time Cafe (But plan on cancelling if Woodys Roundup Rodeo is open)
Still needs to book
25 Aug - Tiffins
26 Aug - Ohana
27 Aug - Over at Universal Studios...
28 Aug - Tusker House
29 Aug - Garden Grill
30 Aug - California Grill
31 Aug - Ohana Breakfast

Also need to book Oga's Cantina and Be Our Quest QS

Booked my ADRs this morning. Got everything I wanted, including a CRT lunch, and a PPO Garden Grill our first full day there! I'm hoping this means the crowds at the parks are going to be low....
With Rise of the Resistance up and running, I wouldn't take bets on the crowd levels being low this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter