Official Dopey 2018 Thread

I'm really hoping we don't have to go to the expo to defer or get the refunds. There has to be an online way to figure that out as well so fingers crossed on that.... there will just be so many people. Poor cast members too, having to deal with a lot of angry runners...

Bummer. I know how they feel. I was standing at the start line for the Lewis and Clark Marathon in ST Louis in 2009 what Hurricane Eisenhower was still going strong but downgraded to a named Tropical Storm. Yeah, still a tropical storm all the way into Missouri!!!!! Anyway, Saint Lewis Flooded bad, the river bank we were to run part of the course on was gone, and they rerouted us to a 10 mile course. Some of the runners were belligerent, rude, and really treating the staff bad. The town flooded...and they were mad they couldn't run... It's just a run!

I mostly feel for those folks aiming at their first 1/2 marathon. Big bummer for them.

But Happiest Place on Earth right?

I mostly feel for those folks aiming at their first 1/2 marathon. Big bummer for them.

I was on my way to check the lobby for signage and ran into a gentleman who had come in from New York just to run the half. His goal was to run a half every month this year and this was going to be his only opportunity to get January's in. Sunk by the weather before he even started. Big bummer.

I'm really hoping we don't have to go to the expo to defer or get the refunds. There has to be an online way to figure that out as well so fingers crossed on that.... there will just be so many people. Poor cast members too, having to deal with a lot of angry runners...
I agree, but since I'm here and I could get it done early and more importantly first then I'm willing to go there. I figure there will be a lot of people choosing this option to get the deferred race, for example.

So torn on whether to do 2018 or wait until 2019. Did Goofy Challenge in 2016 and it left me wishing I'd have done Dopey! My prob is more expenses if I come next year, and I did make two trips from Vancouver (Canada) in 2016. If I wait until '19, I'll at least be able to stay at a resort of choice. Hmm.. decisions.

So torn on whether to do 2018 or wait until 2019. Did Goofy Challenge in 2016 and it left me wishing I'd have done Dopey! My prob is more expenses if I come next year, and I did make two trips from Vancouver (Canada) in 2016. If I wait until '19, I'll at least be able to stay at a resort of choice. Hmm.. decisions.

Like many here, I've done a lot of runs where race day logistics were troublesome. The only way I'd sign up for 4 days in a row of that was to be on property.

Maybe a value resort?

Oh wow - just dawning on me that the flood of deferments could make Dopey 2018 registration even more difficult.

Oh wow - just dawning on me that the flood of deferments could make Dopey 2018 registration even more difficult.
There might be some impact from the deferrals but the deferrals are also going to be spread out over the year so people can use them for other races. Plus you have to subtract the people getting refunds or taking the other options... so like I said I think there might be some sort of impact but I don't think it will be a complete disaster.

there wont be deferments since dopey runners only get the cash option, so only extra people wanting to do real dopey is what will likely raise the number of people joining.

To be filled in soon ...

I already bought and paid for my 2018 Dopey bib tonight through Magical Miles Travel and I have not even run the 2017 version yet.

Kind of getting ahead of myself, but can't wait.

How does paying for it early showroom exactly? Id definitely be interested in that.

I am in again! My wife was even supportive. Well there is the whole registering challenge first. It will be number three and given the Half issues today I don't have a dopey time to log for this year. My goal was to beat last year's time. I did run this morning to get in my 13.1 but it was not race pace! So 2018 it will be. Oh, yeah and a marathon tomorrow still!

It has become addictive!

Like many here, I've done a lot of runs where race day logistics were troublesome. The only way I'd sign up for 4 days in a row of that was to be on property.

Maybe a value resort?

Yeah, I may wait though and go moderate or deluxe. There's no way I'd do race weekend and stay off property! :)

An old-timer, old WISH-er here (who hasn't been on this board for who knows how long). Also haven't run any Disney races in 3 years? But I'd like to do Dopey next year. I haven't done any marathons since 2013 Goofy (done with raging IT Band--not smart). But this year my goal is to run a marathon again.

We shall see.

So do we think there will be special 5th anniversary medals for the Dopey and the 10K as well as the 25th of the full?!

I don't know if next year will actually be the year I do it, and I won't be doing Dopey, but can someone remind me when registration for 2018 opens. Thanks! After all the inspiring stories from this weekend, I've really got my eyes set on doing the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter