• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm always seeing people say that Fridays are the busiest nights for MVMCP. My upcoming trip has us going to MVMCP 12/1 and 12/8 to bookend our trip. Both of those nights are Fridays. What kind of busy are people talking about when they say it about these parties? Do these parties ever get so busy that it just feels like a waste of money? Are the lines for rides on "busy" party nights barely even shorter or anything? Just trying to get an idea of what "busy" actually means when people are talking about these parties.

It's all really relative. Which may not have been the answer you were looking for.

If you are looking at two different nights in early December, then yes, Friday will Probably be busier than say a Tuesday or Sunday.(emphasis on probably because no one can predict these things). This is because most locals will not have school/work in the morning.

If one of your parties sells out don't worry about attraction waits. Lines for rides just don't get that long during parties, most people are there to meet special characters, see the shows, watch the fireworks and parades. SDMT usually keeps a 20ish minute wait. Jungle Cruise might have a wait because it turns into the holiday specific Jingle Cruise. Besides that you will be able to walk on or wait at most 10 minutes for most rides.

Predicting party crowds is not an exact science, though many of us would love to have the crystal ball. If you are attending two Fridays in early December odds are they will not sell out. I would try not to worry about it.

It's all really relative. Which may not have been the answer you were looking for.

If you are looking at two different nights in early December, then yes, Friday will Probably be busier than say a Tuesday or Sunday.(emphasis on probably because no one can predict these things). This is because most locals will not have school/work in the morning.

If one of your parties sells out don't worry about attraction waits. Lines for rides just don't get that long during parties, most people are there to meet special characters, see the shows, watch the fireworks and parades. SDMT usually keeps a 20ish minute wait. Jungle Cruise might have a wait because it turns into the holiday specific Jingle Cruise. Besides that you will be able to walk on or wait at most 10 minutes for most rides.

Predicting party crowds is not an exact science, though many of us would love to have the crystal ball. If you are attending two Fridays in early December odds are they will not sell out. I would try not to worry about it.

Thanks for all the info. What you said actually was the answer I was looking for! It sounds like we shouldn't really worry about the party crowds much. We aren't going to the parties to meet characters. We are mostly going for the rides, snacks, atmosphere and fireworks. We plan to do the parade but plan to do the later parade where crowds are typically smaller too.

73 Days for us!

Annnnd I think I’m just about to bite the bullet and do a second party. I’m trying really hard not to do it but there is just too much fun to be had to fit it all in on one party.

19th & 22nd for us.

Last edited:

Other than The 7 dwarves and jack, how long usually are character meets (donald/Scrooge, Mary Poppins,etc...) on an average night?

Other than The 7 dwarves and jack, how long usually are character meets (donald/Scrooge, Mary Poppins,etc...) on an average night?
Scrooge can have a long wait depending when you decide to queue. Ge there while the first parade is going for a better wait time. Back in 2014 I waited around 45 minutes.

I have the 12th of Dec already thinking of doing the 14th too.

We have done 2 parties up until last year. I’m thinking you only live once and I’m just gunna do that second party. Especially since the parade viewing isn’t included in the dessert party this year. We won’t have enough time to fit everything in. Also I’m sporting a walking boot right now for surgery on a broken ankle so I’m not going to be able to go all out for sure.

We are attending MVMCP for the first time with friends this year. We are attending the first Friday night, so I assume it will be quite busy with locals.

I was thinking the Dessert Party would make for a nice break.

Has anyone attended both the seated Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and the Plaza Hub party? Is it worth the extra $20 to sit down? We are planning to arrive at 4:00, so I was wondering if this would make a time to sit and relax for about an hour.

We are attending MVMCP for the first time with friends this year. We are attending the first Friday night, so I assume it will be quite busy with locals.

I was thinking the Dessert Party would make for a nice break.

Has anyone attended both the seated Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and the Plaza Hub party? Is it worth the extra $20 to sit down? We are planning to arrive at 4:00, so I was wondering if this would make a time to sit and relax for about an hour.

I think the angle of viewing the fireworks is the biggest difference between the two. Everyone is seated for desserts, so you can still take a break. Then for the plaza viewing they move you so you are at an angle in front of the castle, standing or either sitting on the plaza. For the Tomorrowland Terrace view, you're off to the side a bit and seated for the actual fireworks. Also, the Tomorrowland one is covered in case of wetter weather, although if it was really rainy my guess is that the fireworks would be cancelled.

I think the angle of viewing the fireworks is the biggest difference between the two. Everyone is seated for desserts, so you can still take a break. Then for the plaza viewing they move you so you are at an angle in front of the castle, standing or either sitting on the plaza. For the Tomorrowland Terrace view, you're off to the side a bit and seated for the actual fireworks. Also, the Tomorrowland one is covered in case of wetter weather, although if it was really rainy my guess is that the fireworks would be cancelled.
I've done the HEA party with Plaza, and given the amount of castle projections, I would not want to do it with the Terrace view. That said, I've no idea how projections may or may not play into Holiday Wishes, so it might not be such an issue.

What is it that everyone is doing that takes two parties?

Nothing in my plan takes two parties to get done. We just want to be there for two parties. One to start our trip and one to end our trip. To us it seems like a great way to start and end our trip.

Also, when we go to Disney World we never like to do things once!

We are heading down to Orlando on Nov 27th and we only have 4 full park days planned (29th through Dec 2nd). I bit the bullet and decided to get tickets for the party on the 28th! Being able to enter the park at 4:00 was the deciding factor for us. We are two adults in our 30s so characters aren't really our thing, but rides with short wait times is totally our thing! I can't wait!

Characters probably. If you want to meet a lot and do fireworks and the parade and shows it just isn't possible.
Are the characters visible as you walk around? I really enjoyed Disneyland, where they were just out and about. I don't need pictures or signatures or conversations -whatever it is people do!- but I was hoping to see some fun festive characters, even from a distance. Really bums me out how swarmed they seem to get in Florida.

Are the characters visible as you walk around? I really enjoyed Disneyland, where they were just out and about. I don't need pictures or signatures or conversations -whatever it is people do!- but I was hoping to see some fun festive characters, even from a distance. Really bums me out how swarmed they seem to get in Florida.

Yes you'll be able to see most of them. Just be sure to check out their locations on the party map once that comes out. A lot of them are tucked away back in Storybook Circus but you can still see them by just walking by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter