***Official November 2016 Thread***

Hi!! Anyone else going to be at WDW on Black Friday?

We will be on a Epcot/HS tour until 4 or 5pm, and later doing CP package then illuminations. Will that take up the rest of the evening? We should have 3 fast passes left, thoughts on if we can ride a few attractions again?

Understood! We're in the same boat. I got the Minnie's Dine + Fantasmic for ~4:30pm, but I got a regular reservation for Minnie's Dine at 5:55pm. I think I'm going to cancel the Fantasmic one because of the timing. We're going to get to DS around 3pm (park hopping from Epcot). So if we want to see shows like Beauty & the Beast, that early dinner reservation will really mess us up. I feel like I'm choosing between Fantasmic and other shows, and it's hard! But my son loves Beauty & the Beast, so I think I'm going to dump the Fantasmic dining ADR...

Yep. I think you'll be good either way and have some time before making the final decision. I think the earlier ADR just might add extra stress since you're traveling from Epcot. I love both shows, i see Beauty and the Beast every time I go. Plus unless it's crazy busy there will still be decent seats at Fantasmic.

I booked my tour yesterday! I'm going to do the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour at Epcot in early November. I'm really excited about it. I don't know much about behind the scenes stuff at Epcot, so it should be fun. I've done a couple tours in the past (Behind the Seeds at Epcot and Keys to the Kingdom at MK) and they were both really fun and interesting. Is anyone else planning on any tours in November?

Exciting! Behind the scene tours just seem so fascinating! Especially a nice option for those who have been to Disney many times. We will be doing the Wild Africa Trek. Pretty excited, its a splurge for our disneymoon. I'm most excited to cross the rope bridges! Which is weird since I'm not a fan of heights! lol

There is a whole thread about this. It appears to be un-bookable right now, but even the cast members don't know why it hasn't been released. I've called a few times, they say to keep checking back. I have the 4pm as a back up for now, but I really want 6:15!

Whew! I thought it was just me! No 6:15 shows available at HDDR my whole week! Argh. I called and she just said there was nothing available...nothing else. So booked at 4pm, which is not bad but not what I wanted. I will keep checking and now go looking for that thread!!

Love seeing everyone's ADR and seeing what other people are looking forward too!

My ADR's went well, except for Hoop Dee Doo.

Liberty Tree Tavern - New for us, and purely for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake at lunch!
50's Prime Time - DH's request. Last trip he had been too full to make a dent on his fried chicken and he still regrets it to this day! lol. He wants to redeem himself!
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - New to us! I'm very excited for this one. Although hoping something at the 6:15 show opens up
Via Napoli - New to us....this may get cancelled as I'm sure we will end up snacking around the world. Or we will just split an individual pizza and a dessert.
O'hana - This is a must do now for us after our last trip. (although I have now decided I want an earlier time..of which there is none. Refresh is my friend! lol)
Kona Cafe - Gotta have my tonga toast!!!!

We also plan to order in some Giordanos Pizza for delivery. We ordered the Meat, meat and more meat pizza last trip and DH declared its an every trip thing now! lol. (I'm making him into a Disney fanatic through his stomach!)

For planning FastPasses, I was wondering how long we should plan for our TS lunches. I have a Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for noon when we're at Magic Kingdom, and I have an Akershus reservation for 11:55am when we're at Epcot. I've heard some restaurants get behind, and you don't always end up getting seated right away. Should we plan 45 minutes at these restaurants? An hour? Thanks for any input!

For planning FastPasses, I was wondering how long we should plan for our TS lunches. I have a Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for noon when we're at Magic Kingdom, and I have an Akershus reservation for 11:55am when we're at Epcot. I've heard some restaurants get behind, and you don't always end up getting seated right away. Should we plan 45 minutes at these restaurants? An hour? Thanks for any input!
Good question, I hadn't thought of this!

I would plan at least an hour. We usually plan 1 hour and a half especially for character meals in case we are late getting seated and to give us time to see all the characters.:)

Just made our ADRs for our 11/26 to 12/3 trip. Got everything we wanted except for Chef Mickey's on arrival day. Only thing available was 9pm - that's too late with an 8:00am flight. The kids would never make it. Also, our dinner reservation at Cindy's is a little earlier than I would like but I'll take it. We even got 8:00am at Akershus and 8:15am at Be Our Guest! Really excited about those. I've done the PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest before and it worked like a charm. My friend and I were online booking at the same time and we both made a reservation for Be Our Guest by accident. I canceled mine - I'm sure that made someone's morning. I did get a Chef Mickey's for our departure day for breakfast but I'd really rather do arrival. I'll just keep checking back. I got an arrival night dinner at Garden Grove instead. Anyone have thoughts on that place? Looks nice but it's not on the dining plan.

Hi all just checking in glad to see everyone's plans are coming together. Our annual Thanksgiving trip is all set we'll be there 11/23- 11/28 staying at POFQ. Our adrs include the Boathouse, Ohana ( for dinner), Chef Mickey's (dinner), Yachtsman (Thanksgiving dinner) and TREX.

Happy Memorial Day

Exciting! Behind the scene tours just seem so fascinating! Especially a nice option for those who have been to Disney many times. We will be doing the Wild Africa Trek. Pretty excited, its a splurge for our disneymoon. I'm most excited to cross the rope bridges! Which is weird since I'm not a fan of heights! lol

Haha! That tour sounds amazing and is definitely on my to-do list. It's really interesting to step behind the curtain, especially because you get to see (through the tour guides) how much a lot of cast members really love it there.

We will be on a Epcot/HS tour until 4 or 5pm, and later doing CP package then illuminations. Will that take up the rest of the evening? We should have 3 fast passes left, thoughts on if we can ride a few attractions again?
Us :wave2: My plan is AK early, then Epcot mid afternoon for the storytellers. We have dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh and then we'll either stay in Epcot or go wherever the kids want to go. Last year on Black Friday we did MK from RD until about 2ish and then Epcot for the rest of the day :)
What time is your CP meal and which show are you going to? If you arrive at 5, have to eat which will take an hour at least, then wait a bit on line for the show, watch the show......altogether that'd be like 2 hours-ish. I think you'll have a little downtime but unless the downtime is when you first get there, not sure about trekking over to FW for rides. Just keep that in mind when booking those FP's.

Definitely plan at least an hour! Most meals (I find) take less than 90 minutes but then the occasional one takes at least that long. So what I would do for instance, on your LTT day, don't make an afternoon FP until 2 at the earliest. On your Akershus day same thing.

Just planned our trip for the week of Thanksgiving. Can't wait!
Hi all just checking in glad to see everyone's plans are coming together. Our annual Thanksgiving trip is all set we'll be there 11/23- 11/28 staying at POFQ. Our adrs include the Boathouse, Ohana ( for dinner), Chef Mickey's (dinner), Yachtsman (Thanksgiving dinner) and TREX.

Happy Memorial Day
Lots of us going Thanksgiving week! We're there the 19th-26th :thumbsup2

Love seeing everyone's ADR and seeing what other people are looking forward too!

My ADR's went well, except for Hoop Dee Doo.

Liberty Tree Tavern - New for us, and purely for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake at lunch!
50's Prime Time - DH's request. Last trip he had been too full to make a dent on his fried chicken and he still regrets it to this day! lol. He wants to redeem himself!
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - New to us! I'm very excited for this one. Although hoping something at the 6:15 show opens up
Via Napoli - New to us....this may get cancelled as I'm sure we will end up snacking around the world. Or we will just split an individual pizza and a dessert.
O'hana - This is a must do now for us after our last trip. (although I have now decided I want an earlier time..of which there is none. Refresh is my friend! lol)
Kona Cafe - Gotta have my tonga toast!!!!

We also plan to order in some Giordanos Pizza for delivery. We ordered the Meat, meat and more meat pizza last trip and DH declared its an every trip thing now! lol. (I'm making him into a Disney fanatic through his stomach!)

I am anxiously waiting for 6:14 HDDR times to open. It seems so weird to me that that time is being held? Strange! Good luck!

We will be park hopping around, hoping to end up in Epcot since there is the Merry Member Mixer (times tba) and then CP and storytellers begin.

We will be park hopping around, hoping to end up in Epcot since there is the Merry Member Mixer (times tba) and then CP and storytellers begin.
When it gets closer we're going to have to see if we'll be in Epcot at the same time and try to say hello!

Now if only someone would cancel their 1900 PF reservations so we could get a table for 6 on the 23rd...anyone, anyone...bueller

It's officially 5 months, today, until I'm there...

So, so, so, so, so excited :tigger:

ADRs booked (although that doesn't stop me checking the App everyday to see if another date or time takes my fancy) Planning in full swing, now all I need is it to hit 60 days then FP+ here I come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter