***Official November 2016 Thread***

You're a wealth of knowledge! Thank you so much for explaining all of that to me. I will be sure to allot for 90 minutes. We'll likely do the Monorail as I think DD will love it. Monday the first day we're there it'll be a great 'intro' to Disney for her. With both the Dinner itself and going on the Monorail. I'm so excited to see the magic in her eyes.

Will some Christmas decorations be up by that time? For me it's like excitement overload as I'm one of those annoying people who LOVES Christmas time. I've been known to decorate way to early ;). Disney + Christmas is like a supreme experience wrapped into one place :)
In 2013, I think POR was decorated by the 17th or 18th. The parks were fully decorated by the 13th when we arrived. But, yeah, not too much in Epcot, so they may add more.

In 2013, I think POR was decorated by the 17th or 18th. The parks were fully decorated by the 13th when we arrived. But, yeah, not too much in Epcot, so they may add more.

Likewise, in 2015, all the parks, Poly, GF, and a few moderates were all decorated by 11/4.

Likewise, in 2015, all the parks, Poly, GF, and a few moderates were all decorated by 11/4.
Wow! I knew the parks would be decorated with the exception of Epcot but that surprises me that 2 deluxes were done in 4 days! Couldn't have been the gingerbread house though right? I remember watching threads with pictures of it going up last year and it wasn't that early.
They also moved up the parade taping in MK last year. It has normally been done after Thanksgiving but last year it was earlier in Nov. Wonder when it'll be done this year? Not that it really matters, the cool thing is that the big tree in MK was up earlier than usual :)

Wow! I knew the parks would be decorated with the exception of Epcot but that surprises me that 2 deluxes were done in 4 days! Couldn't have been the gingerbread house though right? I remember watching threads with pictures of it going up last year and it wasn't that early.
They also moved up the parade taping in MK last year. It has normally been done after Thanksgiving but last year it was earlier in Nov. Wonder when it'll be done this year? Not that it really matters, the cool thing is that the big tree in MK was up earlier than usual :)

No gingerbread house, but the trees and lights were all going.

I would think this year will be similar with MVMCP starting 11/7

Ooh exciting! I'm staying at the GF ( arrive 11/12 ) for the first time and would love it to walk in and see the gingerbread house being built or already built. This makes me even more excited. I will be stalking these boards on the days leading up to my vacation :lovestruc. LOVE Christmas time!!!

Thought I would add, I managed to snag a dinner BOG reservation yesterday for Nov. Soo happy, even though it's messed up my plans lol. Just on the lookout now for Chef Mickey's early breakfast one morning. I know, I know, I do like to set myself a challenge :rolleyes:. Have already got a brunch booked at Chef Mickey's so it's not the end of the world.

Not long to go now guys! The time is flying :cloud9:

Ooh exciting! I'm staying at the GF ( arrive 11/12 ) for the first time and would love it to walk in and see the gingerbread house being built or already built. This makes me even more excited. I will be stalking these boards on the days leading up to my vacation :lovestruc. LOVE Christmas time!!!

Thought I would add, I managed to snag a dinner BOG reservation yesterday for Nov. Soo happy, even though it's messed up my plans lol. Just on the lookout now for Chef Mickey's early breakfast one morning. I know, I know, I do like to set myself a challenge :rolleyes:. Have already got a brunch booked at Chef Mickey's so it's not the end of the world.

Not long to go now guys! The time is flying :cloud9:

Congrats on BOG :thumbsup2

Does WDW extend the am EMH?
Do you mean do they extend hours on days that already have a.m. EMH, as in if EMH is 8 with park opening at 9, is it possible that they'll change it to 7a.m. EMH with 8a.m. park opening?
If that's the case then yes, it's a possibility :)

Hey guys - sorry to pop in with the usual "I know I should have read all 38 pages but..." but I am! So... my question is, what are the odds of a room-only promotion for the 2nd week of November onward? I'm traveling with someone who's had bariatric surgery, so the free dining doesn't really appeal, but I would LOVE a room-only discount. Our first day is 11/12.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo, Booked a trip for 11/28 to 12/3 with FD at Music!!! DW decided she could make another trip!!! Hope to see y'all there.

Hi! No specific questions here... Just a really excited newbie! We booked my daughters' first trip to WDW for 11/8-12. I wish we could have afforded to stay for a few more nights, but we'll pack in all the magic we can. We splurged on the Polynesian for the monorail access. I'm SO excited to see my girls' faces. One day at MK, one at Epcot and one at AK. We, unfortunately, began planning just inside of the 180 days and have been unable to score ADRs for princess dining. I have high hopes, however, that pixie dust will be sent our way. I haven't been to WDW in 22 years... I just cannot wait to watch my girls experience it all.

Hi! No specific questions here... Just a really excited newbie! We booked my daughters' first trip to WDW for 11/8-12. I wish we could have afforded to stay for a few more nights, but we'll pack in all the magic we can. We splurged on the Polynesian for the monorail access. I'm SO excited to see my girls' faces. One day at MK, one at Epcot and one at AK. We, unfortunately, began planning just inside of the 180 days and have been unable to score ADRs for princess dining. I have high hopes, however, that pixie dust will be sent our way. I haven't been to WDW in 22 years... I just cannot wait to watch my girls experience it all.

Hi there! Hope you have a magical trip! Just as a tip, have you checked reservations at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare? Last I heard, Park Fare has Cinderella at dinner. It might still be a tough reservation to score, but either of those are marginally easier than Cinderella's Royal Table. Just keep checking! Also if you hunt around in this thread, I do think there's a link to a thread where people post when they're giving up reservations for one reason or another.

Hi there! Hope you have a magical trip! Just as a tip, have you checked reservations at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare? Last I heard, Park Fare has Cinderella at dinner. It might still be a tough reservation to score, but either of those are marginally easier than Cinderella's Royal Table. Just keep checking! Also if you hunt around in this thread, I do think there's a link to a thread where people post when they're giving up reservations for one reason or another.
Thanks! I've actually got my heart set on Akershus -- it's right in the heart of where my youngest will want to be during the Frozen craze! :) I'll be watching the cancelled ADR thread for the next few months, as well as obsessively checking for openings. My oldest likes some of the more "rare" princesses (Mulan, Pocahontas) so we'll be searching them out as we go along. Akershus opens with a Belle photo op, which would be perfect since both of my girls are big fans!!

Thanks! I've actually got my heart set on Akershus -- it's right in the heart of where my youngest will want to be during the Frozen craze! :) I'll be watching the cancelled ADR thread for the next few months, as well as obsessively checking for openings. My oldest likes some of the more "rare" princesses (Mulan, Pocahontas) so we'll be searching them out as we go along. Akershus opens with a Belle photo op, which would be perfect since both of my girls are big fans!!

I was just able the other day for 11/5 able to get Akershus at 3:15 so keep watching. You can find Mulan in China at EPCOT and Pocahontas is at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter