OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Hi there! I have been a reader for awhile now but this is my first post. We will be going 11/18 to 11/25. It's our first non Summer visit. Looking forward to cooler temps but mostly the holiday decorations. Very excited, we are waiting to tell DD (15) until we get a little closer. Staying at POP it will be our second visit there.

Welcome Rachel!! I don't post very much myself but glad to see you will be traveling also during Thanksgiving week. Ours is 11/20 trough 11/24 staying at All Star Sports.

Nov. 23-26 .. first time going during Thanksgiving time, a little worried about the crowds, but need to go when everyone is home and off, .. oh the struggle of kids growing up,lol ;)
I can relate with the struggle. One a Jr in College one a Jr. in High School with a job. Seems our time together is getting fewer and fewer. This is one of the main reasons we booked Thanksgiving Week.

Southwest Airlines has a crazy pricing structure. They dropped some of their flights from Chicago to Orlando on Nov 25th to $96. Those flights were $300 a few days ago.

Traveling around Thanksgiving week, I always book at 7am ET when the flight schedule opens. The flights during that week don't usually go down and if they do it isn't by much so securing the times I want is more important. This year the flights were crazy expensive.

Frontier Airlines increased their schedule in the small airport by me, so now it has turned into a bidding war. My flights have gone down about $250 each. I have rebooked my flights so many times my party's ticketless travel funds is 2 pages long!

Love SWA and their policy on changing flights! The other good thing is that since they don't release schedules too far in advance the flight times rarely change.

I can relate with the struggle. One a Jr in College one a Jr. in High School with a job. Seems our time together is getting fewer and fewer. This is one of the main reasons we booked Thanksgiving Week.

We are in a similar situation. I have been going Thanksgiving week for a number of years now. I doubt I remember how to cook a Turkey anymore ;).

I'm just grateful that the troop still wants to travel with Mom and Dad to WDW.

Typically the weather is great, and the decorations beautiful. The crowds are crazy, so be prepared for that. Typical mid-day wait times will hit 2-4 hours at the headliners. Even the FP lines will be longish. I am so glad for the advanced ordering at the QS places since the lines for the restaurants are long too during peak times.

The good news is that just by being here and planning in advance, you will be well ahead of 80% of the guests there. It is a big week for first timers and I find myself offering assistance when I see really confused, melting down parties LOL.

I don't think of it at 10 being "full" but we went last April when the TP reported crowds as 5 & 6 each day we were in the parks and I felt it was very manageable - even as first timers who didn't have any experience in the parks. I agree I think you'll have a hard time getting a better breakfast time but you never know :) If you have park hoppers, you could always keep your breakfast, rope drop frozen and whatever else and then make your way over the MK for awhile in the afternoon before going to 1900 PF.

We thought about this! Our kids are little (5&2) so I think that would be too busy of a morning for them...I am already kind of questioning how we are going to get from POP to the boardwalk that early...lol

Check around the time you are making FP+. People make their FP's and sometimes move around dining to get their schedules to work.:)

OOOOOH this is a good idea! I mean..I know I am holding a couple of dining reservations 'just in case' so that makes sense!

We thought about this! Our kids are little (5&2) so I think that would be too busy of a morning for them...I am already kind of questioning how we are going to get from POP to the boardwalk that early...lol

OOOOOH this is a good idea! I mean..I know I am holding a couple of dining reservations 'just in case' so that makes sense!
Keep an eye out a week to 10 days before you book FP+ also because the end of someone else's trip might be the beginning of yours and the will be making FP+ before you.:)

Southwest Airlines has a crazy pricing structure. They dropped some of their flights from Chicago to Orlando on Nov 25th to $96. Those flights were $300 a few days ago.

On a whim I checked our flights this morning (not from Chicago) and we ended up with $125 credits from SW for our outbound flight! Thanks for mentioning it!

Last edited:

I received the SW sale email and now the flights home are on sale. I just sent my info for Magical Express in last week and now I'm thinking about switching to a later flight. It's about a 3 hour difference. Shoot! I figured by this point I was fine with not changing.

I just found out that my cousin will be in DW the same time we are. She's not a planner like me but wanted to know all my plans so she can get an idea of what to do. We may meet up but I know that might be hard since we are rope droppers and they are late-starters but up late. Maybe we can meet them for a nighttime show.

Alright gang - what's the current word on AK PM EMH for November?

I've searched my wee brains out (not loving the search function here) and I can't find any current-ish info. Are they finished for the foreseeable future?

I was hoping by then AK would have regular PM EMH in the rotation.

Alright gang - what's the current word on AK PM EMH for November?

I've searched my wee brains out (not loving the search function here) and I can't find any current-ish info. Are they finished for the foreseeable future?

I was hoping by then AK would have regular PM EMH in the rotation.

The current word is they haven't decided yet. Hopefully they will add some. Or at least extend regular hours.

Traveling around Thanksgiving week, I always book at 7am ET when the flight schedule opens. The flights during that week don't usually go down and if they do it isn't by much so securing the times I want is more important. This year the flights were crazy expensive.

Frontier Airlines increased their schedule in the small airport by me, so now it has turned into a bidding war. My flights have gone down about $250 each. I have rebooked my flights so many times my party's ticketless travel funds is 2 pages long!

Love SWA and their policy on changing flights! The other good thing is that since they don't release schedules too far in advance the flight times rarely change.

Hmmm. Frontier is starting up at our airport this December. Maybe SW will have to reduce flight costs to compete. One can hope, right? Last year we went in September and couldn't get less than $400 RT (we're in Michigan). This year we're going in November and it was close to that much. Ugh.

So, anybody else having weird Disney dreams??

Last week I dreamed DH and I were in Epcot early morning and we were riding Figment (which in my dream was 45 minutes long:crazy2:) I looked at my watch (I don't actually wear one, this is a weird dream) and see it's 8:55 and I freak out. Why are we riding this now?? This never has a line, we should be riding the popular rides!! :tongue:

Two nights ago I dreamed DH and I went to guest services at Epcot to activate our split stay tickets early (we will really have to do this). So we do it and the CM hands us cards. Like the old "hard" tickets. It is only then that I realize we never received out Magic Bands! I was actually pretty distraught when I woke up.

I imagine I'll have a few other weird Disney dreams before the trip is actually here!

So, anybody else having weird Disney dreams??

Literally every night at the moment I dream I'm Disney World.

So tonight we have booked some more ADRs. Booked an 8:45 dinner at La Hacienda on 23rd in the hopes that we'll get to eat to some fireworks and close out Epcot. Unlikely to get a window seat at the time I'm sure, but I hear the view is pretty good wherever you sit so, fingers crossed.

Also booked Boathouse at Disney Springs for 7:45 on our chilled water park/ shopping. So looking forward to that!

I make be making a Disney nut of my travel buddy yet! 89 days out and he has started a list of his outfits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter